Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly the same thing has happened for the 432th time. What is really surprising that 'old timers' freak out like this is the end of the word. Don't blame the newer folks. Yet again, colors have changed to the right one.
Can we stop moaning too much???

Is it the 9th yet?

• Funny
Reactions: UltradoomY

There's debate on if this article is correct at all. Other sources that are familiar with Germany/Europe dynamics (Alex_Avoigt for instance ) are saying this isn't delaying/stopping anything.

If things do get delayed again for a 3rd time, I'm in the camp that thinks Elon/Tesla should start to put this in the spotlight by openly saying any further expansion plans at GigaBerlin are put on hold and there will be an open bid for another factory and have European countries put in their bids. Germany can put in their own bid, but Germany doesn't get to assume it's the home of Tesla's European branch anymore.

At this point, I don't trust the German government even after production does start at Giga Berlin and that Tesla should start planning alternatives.

There's debate on if this article is correct at all. Other sources that are familiar with Germany/Europe dynamics (Alex_Avoigt for instance ) are saying this isn't delaying/stopping anything.

If things do get delayed again for a 3rd time, I'm in the camp that thinks Elon/Tesla should start to put this in the spotlight by openly saying any further expansion plans at GigaBerlin are put on hold and there will be an open bid for another factory and have European countries put in their bids. Germany can put in their own bid, but Germany doesn't get to assume it's the home of Tesla's European branch anymore.

At this point, I don't trust the German government even after production does start at Giga Berlin and that Tesla should start planning alternatives.

time to spring up some tents in Poland.
Elon gave them carrots, now they need a stick.

They're certainly being thorough (a natural German trait) but I disagree with the idea that the German government is against Tesla. It's special interests manipulating the rules to delay things.

@Don TLR good granddad! I also bought one (1) share for my uncle @$1100 around a month ago. He lives on a small army pension but was envious of my TSLA stories. That week it dropped $100 so I sold, swallowing the loss, and rebought at $1000 without him knowing. One share is crumbs to me (I transferred money into the account he let's me manage for him) but a big deal to him. Am happy to resell his share again at a loss if it goes down again, just so he can tell his friends and kids about how his TSLA share has grown in value!
This!!!

You're doing it right, @jkirkwood001 .

I've goaded many relatives into opening trading accounts, then I ask their account number and transfer a significant gift into their account... shares, or a LEAP, just for no real reason except that I can. And if they lose a little at first, at least it doesn't come out of their own money.

Tesla Model 3 is third best selling car in UK in November - unusual for 2nd month. December should be big

Edit: Just saw a link Model 3 third best selling car in UK in November 2021

1st Mini 3551
2nd Vauxhall (Opel in EU) Corsa (small) 3123
3rd Tesla Model 3 - 3077 - so not far off from number one!

UK has seasonality. March & September are biggest car months because numberplates change & a September car appears younger than a March to August car.

Edit again: so by VALUE - Model 3 must be number 1 in last 3 months of 2021?
I live in the ULEZ in London and it's amazing how many 3s we have here now. It's not uncommon to see multiple 3s parked on the same block (and the blocks are tiny). Last year I was still getting excited when I saw a 3 go by as they were so rare.

They're certainly being thorough (a natural German trait) but I disagree with the idea that the German government is against Tesla. It's special interests manipulating the rules to delay things.

I expect bureaucracy in Germany but I also expect the German officials to have common sense. Either German officials are fully aware that the many lawsuits and objections are intentional by fake environmental groups and they still let this continue or they're so oblivious that these fake environmental groups can just continue objections/lawsuits into oblivion.

Either way, German officials can't be trusted at this point. Tesla needs to start thinking of a alternative plan and make it clear to Germany that they're not the only choice for manufacturing in Europe.

Keep in mind, there is a COAL factory mere miles away from Giga Berlin's location that use much more water than the Berlin factor would use. In fact, there are no water restrictions on the many factories located around Giga Berlin. How anyone can take this as anything other than favoritism is beyond me.

I expect bureaucracy in Germany but I also expect the German officials to have common sense. Either German officials are fully aware that the many lawsuits and objections are intentional by fake environmental groups and they still let this continue or they're so oblivious that these fake environmental groups can just continue objections/lawsuits into oblivion.

Either way, German officials can't be trusted at this point. Tesla needs to start thinking of a alternative plan and make it clear to Germany that they're not the only choice for manufacturing in Europe.

Keep in mind, there is a COAL factory mere miles away from Giga Berlin's location that use much more water than the Berlin factor would use. In fact, there are no water restrictions on the many factories located around Giga Berlin. How anyone can take this as anything other than favoritism is beyond me.
How is any of this different than today's "SEC investigation" or any of the 90 million other US obstructions to Tesla's progress? It sure smells like Berlin will be "opening" on 12/9. All is well!

It seems it is the water supplier, Eggersdorf waterworks, under review, not Tesla itself.

How is any of this different than today's "SEC investigation" or any of the 90 million other US obstructions to Tesla's progress? It sure smells like Berlin will be "opening" on 12/9. All is well!
I said in the first post that the article itself is debatable in it's accuracy and that IF there actually was a 3rd delay

I expect bureaucracy in Germany but I also expect the German officials to have common sense. I don't know how anyone can take it any other way at this point. Either German officials are fully aware that the many lawsuits and objections are intentional by fake environmental groups and they still let this continue or they're so oblivious that these fake environmental groups can just continue objections/lawsuits into oblivion.

I don't think it's favouritism - it's just that no-one cares when Joe's widget factory opens up - special interests groups don't get any notoriety by opposing those.

But I agree with the idea of getting a plan b. If the system is so ineffective as to delay production start by a year+ then having an alternative option for future expansion is the only sensible way forward. At the very least it would apply pressure for the German governments to resolve the issues quickly.