Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know we tend to say this a lot but today feels like more selling from Elon. The plan would probably have been designed to be as random as possible, so there’s a first for every day of the week, and consecutive days here and there. Fortunately it seems he’s selling into a bit of strength today as both inflation data and maxpain are favorable. I’m again nibbling at the discount but feel there’s a lower bottom ahead.

Reactions: EnzoXYZ and tivoboy
Didn't they already tag it early this morning, during premarket?

Pre-market doesn't really count for technical trading. It was below that in Berlin Germany too, but nobody mentions it:

TL0.chart.2021-12-10.10-15.CET.png

The Lower Bollinger Band is the Red line on the chart attached (about 974). Today's Intraday low as of 10:15 is 982.53 (see below)

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-12-10.10-15.png

Here's a "permalink" so you can check the stock chart at your convenience:

TS50 10/50d SMA

Last edited:
You mean 1020 which is now being moved even further down by THEM closing the 1000 strike Puts as fast as possible. Yah... MM's look to be in good shape. I wish people would stop saying "close at max-pain" without saying what they think it is. So many others keep pointing out OFTEN max-pain is not what is printed in the section that says "max-pain". There is a reason most people should never trade based on technicals.

We have no real way to track what what happens from the 7am update on a Friday morning thru the day's action, so I assumed we could all agree that "max pain" on a Friday, though obviously a moving target, is somewhere in the region of the posted pre-market figure of $1050?

It's still a bit unclear to me how everything gets closed out by MM's on Fridays into after-hours. Why would MM's be "closing the 1000 strike puts" now rather than simply inject some buying into the market via short covering and expire them OTM?

Slow news day. Time for "Tesla valuation drops below $1 trillion !!" to make the headlines. Again.
On the 1T note... seems that is the line in the sand for buying. When it dips below, it holds for a bit... then buying pressure to push it above again. Will be interesting to see if that mindset holds until the next catalyst.

We have no real way to track what what happens from the 7am update on a Friday morning thru the day's action, so I assumed we could all agree that "max pain" on a Friday, though obviously a moving target, is somewhere in the region of the posted pre-market figure of $1050?

It's still a bit unclear to me how everything gets closed out by MM's on Fridays into after-hours. Why would MM's be "closing the 1000 strike puts" now rather than simply inject some buying into the market via short covering and expire them OTM?
Not worth trying to explain. That's why I stopped posting about it long ago.... I and many other have explained several times It just confuses too many people who try trading on the information. You are quite a bit off on your max-pain with 1050 as your number.

Yeah, why did he do that?! Here I am trying to quit my swing trade addiction, hanging on by a thread, and he's lowering the stock price... on a Friday no less.

Elon is helping you with your goal of quitting your swing trading addiction and you're complaining? ;)

Last edited:
Not worth trying to explain. That's why I stopped posting about it long ago.... I and many other have explained several times It just confuses too many people who try trading on the information. You are quite a bit off on your max-pain with 1050 as your number.
Do you think maybe you're just a little upset there's an irrational dip today? Maybe take a time out and get yourself a snack rather than dumping on people? You know, if we lose our cool then they really got us where they want us!

We all realize it's an imprecise measurement and doesn't reflect a true week to week target. That being said....on something like 12/10 expiration I don't think it's too far off.

Yes, we should maybe use more varied terms than simply "max pain" to describe SP movement predicated on MM preferences. There are currently no other more nuanced phrases, so we use "they'll probably push SP back toward max pain". Certainly optimal MM SP is not to close at $983 today.

Relax.

Wait...Elon is helping you with your goal of ending your swing trading addiction and you're complaining? ;)
Lol
Actually, that lower price was urging me to buy some extras and start over again.
Believe me when I tell you, last week when all my newest game shares were up over 80 bucks it was very difficult not to sell them...along with all their seriously puffed up brothers and sisters.
I'm working on living vicariously through all of you. Didn't know it was going to be this difficult. *sigh* The drama of withdrawal is crazy! Every little pin that drops is like an earthquake.