Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There may be something happening on the charging front. Remember Elon saying that by the end of the year all cars will be able to charge on the Tesla SC system? When I received my MS LR a month ago, I was surprised to see that there was no NEMA 14-50 attachment for the charging chord, it only had a 3-prong 110 adapter. Fortunately, I have one for my '18 MS 75 D, I use that for both cars. At first I was p'oed that a near $100K car would not have the NEMA included. Now, I"m thinking maybe we are close to a switch to a different plug profile. How this would happen exactly, I don't know. Just thought I'd throw that out there for something to chew on.
I think they stopped giving anything other than the 110 adaptor a while ago.. I could be wrong, but I think it was 1-1.5 years ago, I thought it was pretty cheap at the time.

I take this moment to point out that TSLA is 2 pennies above the MA(50) at the half-time mark: :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-12-10.12-45.png

Cheers!

View attachment 742741

Size comparison to S: This thing is huge.
Is this an actual photo or sliced together?

I knew it was going to be big, but 'this thing is huge' is right! I've got a reservation but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want a vehicle that big, regardless of how cool it may be. Just not practical for our family. The Y is a great size. I sure hope they release a 10-20% smaller version in the future.

At least 2 1/2 years ago, only the 110 adaptor and j1722 converter was included with my 6/2019 Model 3.
Yeah, in May/June 2018 I got the 110 and 14-50 with my M3, but I think by Jan 2019, it was down to just the 110.. I SORT of figured that with an S or X one would still get at least an OPTION for a 14-50, or the other 240v three pin, but I guess not.

a quick DuckDuckGo search shows May 1, 2019 they stopped anything other than the 110 and J1772

I knew it was going to be big, but 'this thing is huge' is right! I've got a reservation but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to want a vehicle that big, regardless of how cool it may be. Just not practical for our family. The Y is a great size. I sure hope they release a 10-20% smaller version in the future.
I think the photo is misleading because of the angle and relative positions.

Not spliced as far as I know. I guess it is relative. It doesn't seem that much bigger than the Y. I'd wait for final dimensions before making any decisions. I think the challenge is to make it functional as well as being able to fit it in a normal garage.

Here is a video that better shows how it drives and looks compared to other teslas:

Last edited:
Looks like police agencies are figuring out how great Teslas and EVs are for their purposes. Just wait until they figure out what the Cybertruck can do. Little to no body damage, bullet resistant, smash resistant windows, no paint to upkeep, cheap running costs etc. Yearly demand just in the US will be simply massive.

Also consider officers using autopilot on the road while they are doing things like running plates for a traffic stop.
cybertrucks would be perfect for many departments, especially the lapd. Los angeles already is pushing for more EVs for city use. For now they have one model S which is only used for recruiting, and a bunch of bmw i3s on lease which are garbage. Not only would cybertrucks make for great patrol vehicles, they'd especially work out for specialized units like k9, bomb squad, hazmat, metro, and swat.

Considering many specialized units will assign a takehome car to each officer, autopilot would be perfect for them because they drive without a partner. Autopilot would enable them to head to where they are needed while being able to safely monitor radio traffic, get updates on laptops and cellphones, and handle all of the things they need to handle without worrying about traffic.

in the meantime it wont hurt that several of the swat team members have personal reservations for cybertrucks 😎

• Love
Reactions: Nocturnal
I just received an email from Tesla regarding my MX order, here's the translation, I highlighted the two key points:

We will contact you regarding the timing of your Model X order.
We are in the process of scaling up production, which has delayed the launch for countries outside of North America. We will notify you in your Tesla Account of delivery dates once production of your Model X begins. It is estimated that deliveries outside of North America will start in the second half of 2022.
We will no longer be accepting new orders for Model S and Model X in countries outside of North America. Your Model X will retain the purchase price as of the date you ordered if you do not make any changes to your Vehicle Configuration.
Request a callback with a Tesla Advisor if you want to use your Order Fee for a different model or if you want to cancel your order.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
With kind regards,
The Tesla Team

Yeah I got the same letter about my Plaid Model S. I grew up learning that waiting for something you really really want is almost as good as getting it. So I am OK. I still would not exchange my TMX for any car out there (except for Lyc's p100 but don't tell him).

Perhps my local SC will get a demo Plaid for me to check out before this?

There may be something happening on the charging front. Remember Elon saying that by the end of the year all cars will be able to charge on the Tesla SC system? When I received my MS LR a month ago, I was surprised to see that there was no NEMA 14-50 attachment for the charging chord, it only had a 3-prong 110 adapter. Fortunately, I have one for my '18 MS 75 D, I use that for both cars. At first I was p'oed that a near $100K car would not have the NEMA included. Now, I"m thinking maybe we are close to a switch to a different plug profile. How this would happen exactly, I don't know. Just thought I'd throw that out there for something to chew on.
Our Model Y last Dec also did not include the NEMA charger. They gave me one when asked, and someone mentioned that I can order online because there are so many versions. So not sure about your reason for not getting one, but it could be exactly what you say.