Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@winfield100 something to note is that he doesn't need to exercise the options in the same tranche size as they were granted. He could exercise 10 shares a day if he wanted to. (Or he could exercise all vested options at once.)

IIRC the 2018 comp shares DO have a holding requirement that the 2012 ones don't... 5 years post-exercise specifically-- though it specifically excludes shares sold solely to cover the tax or exercise obligation.

So really only relevant to the folks who think he's planning to fund the mars stuff this way, since it'd be a reason for starting to exercise somewhat earlier than 2027/2028.

There is no second page. He only sold half the number of shares today….
Wrong:

1640146217278.png

Remarks:
This Form 4 is the first of two Form 4s being filed by the Reporting Person relating to the same event. The Form 4 has been split into two filings to cover all 50 individual transactions that occurred on the same Transaction Date, because the SEC's EDGAR filing system limits a single Form 4 to a maximum of 30 separate transactions. Each Form 4 will be filed by the Reporting Person.

There are 20 more "transactions" that have yet to be reported. (Though we don't know how many shares are in the remaining transactions, but I would guess that it is the same number as every prior 10b5-1 "event".)

There has been at least one other day that was up when Elon sold. (I think more than one other, I just don't recall the specifics.)

The point being that Elon selling isn't what has dragged the price down so much. That has been other forces at work taking advantage of Elon selling. They probably thought he was done, so they didn't push down today...
More than that, people think he’s very close to done so they’re buying in anticipation of a pop - once it is a fact because by then it’s too late.

All speculation as it was pointed out earlier that his sales have little actual effect based purely on % of total shares, but that won’t stop the crowd mentality which can move the price.

So it could translate to a pop then some selling once this sinks in. The killer move would be to follow “done” with “and one more thing” to get a few dominoes going. Could be any number of items such as factory openings or a model 2 peak.

However, possibly not the whole wad of good news is released before an official board meeting where they set the employee stock option price. Assuming the next meeting is the Earnings Call in late Jan, so the Tesla new hires are also incentivized $$$. But not too much at once for employee retention reasons.

So I think the peas cum before and after EC. Some for Santa “Done”, more New Years with P&D, then the EC. 1-2-3 punch!

Not advice.

@winfield100 something to note is that he doesn't need to exercise the options in the same tranche size as they were granted. He could exercise 10 shares a day if he wanted to. (Or he could exercise all vested options at once.)
@MP3Mike
it's a hypothetical possibility of 1 way of acquiring the 101 _million_ shares, and possible sales to pay for and monies that will need taxes paid for, ie
if TSLA is locked at $1,000/share until 2028, he hits all milestones he can get those shares @$70/share, and he will need a bucket of money if he is to win the bet with ESA, who gets to Mars (and back?) first.
a "what if"

Reactions: jbcarioca
More than that, people think he’s very close to done so they’re buying in anticipation of a pop - once it is a fact because by then it’s too late.

All speculation as it was pointed out earlier that his sales have little actual effect based purely on % of total shares, but that won’t stop the crowd mentality which can move the price.

So it could translate to a pop then some selling once this sinks in. The killer move would be to follow “done” with “and one more thing” to get a few dominoes going. Could be any number of items such as factory openings or a model 2 peak.

However, possibly not the whole wad of good news is released before an official board meeting where they set the employee stock option price. Assuming the next meeting is the Earnings Call in late Jan, so the Tesla new hires are also incentivized $$$. But not too much at once for employee retention reasons.

So I think the peas cum before and after EC. Some for Santa “Done”, more New Years with P&D, then the EC. 1-2-3 punch!

Not advice.
Can we breathe easier now?

ButOT:

I just saw the most Silicon Valley thing I’ve ever seen. By Stanford mall, some guy on the corner, clean, holding up a hand written sign. I thought it would say have kids need help, instead it said

“I need investors for my start up."
Yeah, these things happen. But the true activist cranks (of course it's a bit dated) put up signs like this:

Attachments

• linuxzealot.jpg
    linuxzealot.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 83