Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Gary Black was wrong (about Elon not selling anymore due to an alleged quiet period before TSLA earnings). Which probably means still 2 more sales before the end of the year?
This time the drop was less due to the market moving upwards fairly strongly, we’ ll see about the remaining sales.
I’m thinking of selling some near the money puts that expire after the earnings after Elon is done selling.

Elon Babylon bee interview was published. Not anything new for most investors.

Subscription to Babylon bee on YouTube required to see the second part of the interview.

@DaveT / Dave Lee used his moral authority to get it republished with no paywall

First time ever watching Babylon Bee. Not impressed with them, to say the least. Cringeworthy.

First time ever watching Babylon Bee. Not impressed with them, to say the least. Cringeworthy.

They write better articles than run podcasts.

Bad optics on the paywall here here but you know what? Give credit where credit is due - you didn't publish Babylon Bee's followup.

1640159217082.png

So Gary Black was wrong (about Elon not selling anymore due to an alleged quiet period before TSLA earnings). Which probably means still 2 more sales before the end of the year?
This time the drop was less due to the market moving upwards fairly strongly, we’ ll see about the remaining sales.
I’m thinking of selling some near the money puts that expire after the earnings after Elon is done selling.

LOL, nearly everybody has egg on their face over this.

• Funny
Reactions: jeewee3000
fords mktng team has ever been known for cutting-edge?

Whoa, steady on! In the 1980s my wife had a Ford Orion. It was just about the most forgettable car ever. There was a car magazine which had one-line reviews of every car available in the UK. They were often amusing and pithy. The section of the magazine was called "The good, the bad, and the ugly". The one-line entry for the Orion was "A triumph of marketing over engineering".

It worked on her :)

Thinking of taking advantage of these sale prices. My choices:

1. Raid the couch and just buy a few shares (accumulating as I've been doing for the last 5 years)
2. Use about 10% of my available margin to grab about 25 cheap chairs (have never used margin)
3. Use the same amount of margin and pick up one of these LEAPs (have never traded options and only know enough to be dangerous)

Receptive to any not-advice.
Wouldn’t trade on margin.

Reactions: UncaNed
Smart man. He's converting some shares to LEAPS ahead of the big runup in 2022. /s
Yeah, I see the '/s'.
FWIW, Tesla prohibits all levels of people from trading derivatives.
Insider Trading Policy, Share Pledging and Rule 10b5-1 Trading Plans

Tesla has an insider trading policy that prohibits all of our directors, officers and employees from, among other things, engaging in short sales, hedging of stock ownership positions, and transactions involving derivative securities relating to Tesla’s common stock.

The Board has a policy that limits pledging of Company stock by our directors and executive officers. Pursuant to this policy, directors and executive officers may pledge their Company stock (exclusive of options, warrants, restricted stock units or other rights to purchase stock) as collateral for loans and investments, provided that the maximum aggregate loan or investment amount collateralized by such pledged stock does not exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of the total value of the pledged stock. Tesla management monitors compliance with this policy by reviewing and, if necessary, reporting to the Board or its committees the extent to which any officer or director has pledged shares of Company stock. Our Board believes this share pledging policy to be in the best interests of the Company and our stockholders by providing directors and executive officers flexibility in financial planning without having to rely on large cash compensation or the sale of Company shares, thus keeping their interests well aligned with those of our stockholders, while also mitigating risk exposure to the Company.

Yeah people are taking the interview seriously on done selling. However podcast was recorded on Sunday and we see shares sold yesterday so I believe Reuters took what he said the wrong way.
I would guess so. Seems to me the selling yesterday indicates original TMC "estimates" of maybe 2 more days is accurate. Nothing wrong with scheduling 2 days next week IMO, knowing of course there would be a Santa rally going.

General FOMO and built up demand look like they're being released now, and that should easily steamroll any impact of further selling. We saw glimpses of it starting last Tues/Wed. Certainly premarket today.

I suspect we're headed on a brisk run north from here.