Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well let's see what happens this time around

TSLA.TWTR.CHristDungeon.jpg

Source

Hahaha. Instead of Apple’s icar, we can talk Tesla’s Tphone (or SpaceX Xphone to be more accurate) which is much more realistic!

I've been adamant for years now that Apple will never make a car, at least not a successful one, but the chances of Tesla making a phone are even less. Where people get the idea either could be successful is a mystery. Both are incredibly difficult and specialized endeavors and both scenarios require a company to go so far outside their respective areas of expertise, it's silly to think either company is that crazy.

That said, a Tesla phone would stand a greater chance of being a raging success than an Apple car but a whole lot less likely to be attempted. Neither one makes any sense.

And quite similar the year before. Question is why? I have no idea, but I love it!
Wait… an idea just arrived. Family holiday gatherings around the vehicle turns newbies into investors cuz they had no freakin idea the car was that good! Maybe it’s just that simple. The marketing wave hits hard this time of year.
Any way to count # of new TSLA investors by month?

Reactions: Skryll

Tesla currently has 1,460 employees at its gigafactory in South Buffalo. In exchange for $950 million in subsidies, Tesla had to meet a mandate to employ 1,460 workers
More evidence Tesla wants to wrap up as much hiring before SP shoots up.
My bullish meter is pegged.

Wait… an idea just arrived. Family holiday gatherings around the vehicle turns newbies into investors cuz they had no freakin idea the car was that good! Maybe it’s just that simple. The marketing wave hits hard this time of year.
Any way to count # of new TSLA investors by month?
You can see old numbers of robinhood users holding at Robintrack but the api was shut down.

• Informative
Reactions: SOULPEDL

Tesla currently has 1,460 employees at its gigafactory in South Buffalo. In exchange for $950 million in subsidies, Tesla had to meet a mandate to employ 1,460 workers

The sentence you quoted makes it sound like Tesla hired the minimum required to meet the threshold for the subsidies. But then reading further it says:

"A spokesperson from the Empire State Development Corp., Pamm Lent, told the Investigative Post that as of November 10, Tesla reported the employment of 1,536 full-time and 21 part-time employees at the factory in Buffalo."

It doesn't seem like Tesla would hire almost 100 extra employees simply to meet a threshold, so the two sentences carry completely different implications.

Reactions: NZ10K and SOULPEDL