Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m stunned… how can F be up 12% on a day when TSLA is down 4% and the only news is: Ford announces a plan to double production of Lightning trucks 🤔

I hope CT will crush Ford and take them out of business all together
Perhaps the big Austin news is that CT production begins this week?
Then Ford will have to announce another new plan they just thought up...

I’m stunned… how can F be up 12% on a day when TSLA is down 4% and the only news is: Ford announces a plan to double production of Lightning trucks 🤔

I hope CT will crush Ford and take them out of business all together
Eh just sit back and enjoy the show that will be 2022 and early 2023. I look forward to when CNBC has to run the report that Cybertruck volumes leapfrog the Ford Lightening volume....which odds are will be Lightening volumes way below what Ford is projecting today

The more Ford thumps it's chest with these "projections" the funnier it's going to when they miss them and get leapfrogged by the Cybertruck at the same time.

RDT_20220105_0644401118766273853350213.png

Tesla finish the year at 49% of the NZ market.

Remember that time TSLA dropped considerably because they needed to inspect the wiring of rear-view camera's?

Remember that time TSLA dropped considerably because they needed to inspect the wiring of rear-view camera's?

ICE cars potential to catch fire, no fix due to no parts? No way, just like BMW ICE cars catching fire, no one seems to care. MB is up 8% smh.

Everyone should pay attention to the details with all of these analyst upgrades. EPS estimate of $13.10 for 2024.........for 2024

Analyst's are still playing games here. If they were authentic, they'd face reality but they continue with the trend upgrading their PT and not accurately updating their EPS estimates. It isn't even hard to project EPS baseline for 2022 and yet they're still way off.

It made me even more jealous of ppl born from old money like Canada's premier. Cause this has all been done already. Their wealth is already throwing out passive income.

Thats different.

Simply belonging to heritable ruling elite is a passive income in itself - you are almost guaranteed a Board appointment for one of the Canada's oligopolies (Banks, Telco) and guest speaking fees for various organization and foundations (We Charity being grotesque extreme but not an exception).

That can add to high 6 digits income for less than 200h of work per year. That is less time than most of us spend on this board... pursuing passive income of TSLA hodlers :).

Everyone should pay attention to the details with all of these analyst upgrades. EPS estimate of $13.10 for 2024.........for 2024

Analyst's are still playing games here. If they were authentic, they'd face reality but they continue with the trend upgrading their PT and not accurately updating their EPS estimates. It isn't even hard to project EPS baseline for 2022 and yet they're still way off.

Q4 last year annualized might be higher than that ($13.10) and they are projecting that for 2024?!?!
🤣

These guys get paid for this??!?

I did a little due diligence:

1. P&D - Day of or closest day (to the right) of the P&D report
2. Earnings - Day after earnings report

Here's some charts!

View attachment 751815View attachment 751814

That's interesting. For 40 years I've always associated the term "due diligence" to refer to researching a company and its management and directors, the company's market position, potential competitors and future opportunities, the company's products, public perceptions, as well as financials, taxes, liabilities, growth rates, margins and other metrics that could inform of the strength of the company's earnings, now and in the future. Basically, the term "due diligence" has always meant, at least to me, a study of the company that could inform as to its value. But I've never seen it applied to technical analysis of the company's share price movements. I suppose one could argue that could be part of due diligence, it's just that I've never noticed it being used that way before.

On a related note, it does seem a lot of TSLA "investors" are awfully spooked by volatility that is completely normal for a company with Tesla's superior metrics and earnings growth. Comments here indicate that people think these movements carry some deeper underlying meaning, that a sharp move up bodes well for the next year while a sharp drop bodes poorly for the company. What really matters about the share price, if anything, is what channel the company is trading in. With a company like TSLA, give that channel wide margins. Bollinger Bands can be useful here. Don't fret the little stuff. Always look at the big picture and avoid getting caught up in the little stuff.

Today's move is only around half of yesterday's move so things are settling down. You can expect volatility when shares enter a new trading channel so abruptly - it comes with the territory. I warned of this before the market opened this morning.

Last edited:
tl;dr summary: Tesla is still overvalued. Compared Tesla's 900K units this year to Toyota's 9M.

Of course, units don't matter, revenue matters, and revenue doesn't even matter, but margins, and margins don't even matter, but growth. Idiots like this think it is more likely that Tesla will stall out than keep growing. So, yeah, if you think Tesla will stop growing, then sure, it's worth $250 tops. However if you believe they have a solid chance at their 20M target by 2030, you'd be an idiot to sell.

Anyhoo, the "analyst" goes on to trot out the old canard that "there's no reason why Toyota can't transition to EVs and compete" against Tesla. Really dude? NO REASON? Like Toyota has no battery cell supply, no EV expertise, dealerships pushing against the transition, Tesla's brand, Tesla's SC network, Toyota's pensions, Tesla's manufacturing prowess, Autopilot, Teslabot, Tesla Energy, etc., etc.

The interviewer does a good job sticking it to the analyst. "So you aren't telling people to sell, you have a neutral rating, so if the stock did hit $250, you'd be wrong because you're not telling people to sell?". Answer: "The neutral rating means don't short it". Which makes no sense at all.

Basically, this guy's "analysis" doesn't hold water. It's a good case study in how "smart" people can come to any conclusion they want based on their own biases.
I am beginning to grow into the firm belief that like a lot of traditional media, the real customers for analyst are actually the corporations - and we, the public, is the product they sell.

Now, the analysts often disagree.
That has not so much to do with reality of the companies they are claiming to analyze, but has everything to do with what the different corporations have on the agenda and are therefore paying the analyst to sell to us.

All our friendly youtubers (SMR, Rob, Dave and alle the various giga drone-captains and others) are working to understand Tesla because they really care.
They do get some income from ads but mostly what digging deep into their Tesla fascination does is make much more easier tor them to continue to buy and HODL. Which will be its own very rich reward.

To speak with a burning heart about something real: Then it is easy to convince people. And most of them would, I guess, almost do it for free.

If you, on the other hand, are a traditional analyst, then you have to sell no good, polluting, highly questionable, money-loosing corporations, then you truly need a degree in communication (distracting, obfuscating, narrating) and advanced financial analysis (how to make bad numbers look better and meh numbers look good)

And you need a high salary.
Not only for your time and effort, but for your loyalty and silence.

This may sound cynical, but it is hard to make sense of what is on display without taking into account that most analysts are simply used car salesmen on a commision.

[Bit of a rant - toned it down some]

Last edited:
I am beginning to grow into the firm belief that like much, if not all of traditional media, the real customers for analyst are the corporations - and we, the public, is the product they sell.
I've never paid an analyst for something, have you? ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong folks, but doesn't it go something like this?
"Hey major clients, go buy TSLA." - Analyst, who then goes on TV to announce a PT increase the next day.

During pullbacks like these, I remind myself that TSLA is an inverted roller coaster, where screams are heard on the way up and on the way down, but inevitably seeks the level supported by its fundamentals.

I’m on this ride because the best in life is to crush ICE, see them driven away, and hear the lamentations of Teslaq.
Best dang Conan the Barbarian metaphor I've seen. Thank you!!!
For those who don't know, that statement is a parallel to a muscular barbarian answer to "what is the meaning of life?" from an early Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.

Best dang Conan the Barbarian metaphor I've seen. Thank you!!!
For those who don't know, that statement is a parallel to a muscular barbarian answer to "what is the meaning of life?" from an early Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.
I made a meme along those lines some time back!
1641324542704.jpeg