Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In advertising class in college, they taught us that one of the advantages of advertising is that it hastens the bankruptcy of uncompetitive or failing businesses. So why not!!?!
Not in any accredited college. That has zero to do with advertising or any part of marketing. Not to be rude, but factual. That would never be said by any qualified person.
Sorry for rudeness but this is egregious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I feel like the characters in the Wack-A-Mole game, not the person with the club of course.....

Meanwhile, hedgies be like:

mcconaughey-wolf-of-wall-street-gif.gif

Selecting Germany was a serious misstep by Tesla.

You don't slay the dragon by cowering in your basement. You drag him out into the light, cut his head off, then hang it on a spit at the gates to the city. Up high, where it can be seen clearly from every corner of the land.

Texas is Mordor, and Stuttgart is Isengard. Elon is Bilbo, and Drew is Frodo.

Guess who's Smaug? (Hint: 1 Nürburgring to rule them all)

Last edited:
Selecting Germany was a serious misstep by Tesla.
No.

Things may take a little longer to get started, but Germans can be very efficient when things are rolling.

Germany also has a reputation for building good cars. Placing the European GF here was a brilliant move. Even the sentiment against US cars is slow changing. Then you have here

- engineers
- logistics
- location in the middle of Europe
- workforce
- backing by politics
- ... I could go on and on

No one is going to want to build in Germany if this keeps up.

Getting the factory open is just the first battle in this war.

The next one I predict will be Tesla fighting the German unions and keeping them at bay as much as legally possible. Like @Chunky Jr. I will be pleasantly surprised if we see any deliveries from Berlin in the first half of this year.

... and THERE IT IS, FOLKS: GAP CLOSED. 15:24:17 $1,082.00

That's cool, TA traders are happy again. Now, can we stop messing around and get back above 1200+ where the SP belongs ?
Or did Tesla take back those extra 40K+ cars that were delivered beyond expectations, that's why we are back where we finished last year ?

The next one I predict will be Tesla fighting the German unions and keeping them at bay as much as legally possible. Like @Chunky Jr. I will be pleasantly surprised if we see any deliveries from Berlin in the first half of this year.

"I'm from IG Metall. I'm here to help myself" /s

Still think holland would have been a better choice. I think it will be 2023 before things are rolling. And even then I think there will be a constant pressure by Germany to move the factory out of the country. Definitely a head shaker.

Anyone have an idea of how much PE ratios are reduced by higher interest rates?
Theres no exact rule of thumb because the math is nonlinear.

You can derive your own PE ratio in a spreadsheet with a net present value calculation. For steady state cash flows, just enter 1 in cells in like 40 rows or more, and plug in the interest rate you want to use into the NPV function.

S&P P/E sits at 29 today. Here's a chart of what historically the PE is vs the 10 year.
Historically P/E usually don't sit at 25+ for very long but usually sits around 20ish. Then again historically we don't have 10y bond trading at less than 2% very long either

05_t494_05.18.21_cotg_pe_bond_yields_insights_700x390.png

High PE isn’t the problem.. high PE with low earnings or cashflow, that’s the problem. I did that screen a few months ago, and they are all getting crushed. QQQ puts helped. We’ll have some margin and multiple compression for sure, but some of the relatively high PE WITH strong earnings and even earnings growth will be buys pretty soon here.