Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve sold it over year ago (too early, but exact timing is impossible). But I got almost 1000%, which is enough for me 🙂

Ps. Tesla and nVidia have been my best investments, but now I take the money and run.
So many continue to make this error--why?

We are on the cusp of so many great things; watch SMR on YT "Solving the Money Problem" stat as you may not have a good grasp of just how bad a financial move you have made . . . .

I'm looking at MSFT earnings AH Tuesday as the reversal. Until then? Chaos I guess!

We are setting up for the @StarFoxisDown! early Monday bloodbath followed by a QQQ rip upward. Lets see if the second part actually happens today. IMO it'll take what's sure to be insane MSFT numbers to remind people why big tech keeps ratcheting higher and higher.
Probably still another leg down this morning before we see a reversal/bottom…though not sure if we’ll get that strong bounce. Maybe only a slight bounce and then steady waters until Microsoft earnings.

I will say though I do not like how TSLA is trading so far. You figure there would have been more support and I was hoping TSLA would show a little strength by trading under 2X the QQQ…though it’s a improvement from the first 30 mins of trading. Seems there’s clear intent to try and put it very close to support if not beak support in hopes of Tesla missing earnings which would result in a further crash in the stock

Reactions: Dig deeper
Went in for more on margin, had to lookup what the margin limit was just to make sure I was still leaving a sufficient buffer, it can drop another 20% before I need to worry

Are you saying you wouldn't need to worry if your broker raised the margin requirements on TSLA?

Or maybe you simply didn't know your broker could do that without any pre-notice?

Ok, I just couldn't stand missing out on the sale 🤤 and added 8 to the war chest, on margin, just to bring the total # of shares to a nice even count. The share count had been bugging me for over a year, so, this was long overdue OCD on my part.

There should still be plenty of wiggle room against any potential of a margin call affecting things poorly should the rout continue. 🤔

HODL

So many continue to make this error--why?

We are on the cusp of so many great things; watch SMR on YT "Solving the Money Problem" stat as you may not have a good grasp of just how bad a financial move you have made . . . .
I don’t believe “this time is different “. It never is. I’m talking about stock market as a whole , not Tesla per se.

Edit: I see, that the YT channel you recommended apparently discusses Tesla. I’m talking about the broader market.

Panasonic confirms plans for Made-in-Japan 4680s. Ignore the usual "Teslarottie" fact-free ad-libbing: No, the "new chemistry" is not 5x more energy; the new cell has 5x more volume.

Sheesh. Q. What's the difference between an Art's Majors and a used car salesman? A. The used car salesman KNOWS when he's lying to you. :p

Cheers!

when is volume gonna start picking up?
When the band plugs in, but then you'll be covering your ears.

1643042459027.png

Went in for more on margin, had to lookup what the margin limit was just to make sure I was still leaving a sufficient buffer, it can drop another 20% before I need to worry
Something to be aware of... the last time I got a margin call (2020 covid dip), it was because ETrade raised margin requirements on TSLA in my account with no warning, because my portfolio was too highly concentrated in TSLA. One day I had mid-6 figures of available margin, the next day I got a margin call.

I have since diversified a bit (ARKK, ARKG, ESGV, HASI, STLD, BPTRX) to hopefully prevent that from happening.

Last edited:
If you're insulted by what I said, I'm sorry, @StealthP3D.

But I'm afraid you can't tell me what I think is insulting (being insulted isn't a 'fact', it's a feeling), and I think you insulted Tivoboy, I think you tried to convince us his opinion doesn't matter, and in less than an hour, 9 others agree with my comment (you're the only downvote BTW). (In fact, 16 votes agree if you include the upvotes to @Mengy 's "Well, I guess the tidbit of today is.....Tivoboy was right? 🤔" ) But in typical fashion, even after I said it's "not about right or wrong" (i.e. I wasn't disagreeing with your assessment of his forecasting record), you try and convince me you're right. Sorry if that wasn't clear in my original msg.

If you don't think your posts were insulting, that's fine. We each make our opinions about the people we listen to on this forum. Kudos to the many here who say "whoops, I was out of line" when they see others pointing out something that most disagree with.

Fortunately for me, I don't use popularity contests to determine truth. I imagine my post did make @tivoboy feel embarrassed. I know I would be embarrassed if I had warned people away from the TSLA buying opportunity of a lifetime. That's unfortunate but it's more a function his actual record of predictions than any actual insult I made up. If he felt that simply reviewing his record of similar predictions was insulting or that I was cherry-picking his calls, he should have pointed out any calls he made correctly. But all we got was crickets. The idea here is invest well and make money, not protect people from hearing about how previous, similar, predictions unfolded. History matters.

I think it's important to becoming a better investor to have your eyes wide open and to realize that no one really knows where the share price will be in one or two weeks. So, it's unclear to me why you think re-visiting similar previous predictions the same poster had made at key moments in TSLA history should be off-limits. That's how we all learn.

To me, "they" aren't done being greedy. "They" stopped shy of triggering the uptake rule which sits at $849.51 today.

Macro events drive the algo bots and that leaves room to pull the SP down again tomorrow, and weak hands will surly follow the wrong game plan and capitulate. My gut tells me that there's lower to go before the earnings call. Happy to be wrong though for those who bought in late in the game.

Since I'm having a house built with a 25 foot deep garage (not happy about the downsized CyberTruck and plastic bed liner, hope that's not the final design) I sold my $AAPL back when it was $157 and kicked myself that I left cash on the table. Well look at that, it's back below $157.

I'd love nothing more than use the gains in AAPL to pick up more shares on this TSLA fire sale, but with closing on the house looming and the cash sitting in an IRA, which I have to take a large RMD out this year, it's killing me to watch the price action.

HODL

Does anyone have a link to the filing of this counter suit against JPM?