Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me too, I just bought shares at $862 with margin. I might just sell them in the near term if we go high to clear my margin, OR I might hang on for over a year and sell enough to cover the margin while keeping the remainder. Either way I'm confident long term this will be a profitable move, today's price a few days before a record earnings report is ludicrous to me!
I didn't use margin but got more at $862 also - but just about out of powder now.

GM down 6%, Ford down 7%, Rivian down 12%, Lucid down 6%
Yesterday spotted my first Rivian in our home town. Driver says she traded her F-150 for it, uses it to tow her race car to the race track. She was charging at a electrifyamerica charging station at Safeways while shopping. Did not buy the camping or kitchenette. Does not work for Rivian. Says she never knew why people were so excited about electric driving, now gets it.

Happy to see real end customers driving their cars.

Panasonic confirms plans for Made-in-Japan 4680s. Ignore the usual "Teslarottie" fact-free ad-libbing: No, the "new chemistry" is not 5x more energy; the new cell has 5x more volume.

Sheesh. Q. What's the difference between an Art's Majors and a used car salesman? A. The used car salesman KNOWS when he's lying to you. :p

Cheers!
Agree, but I think they can at least read. It was correctly quoted off the slide.
But I thought they meant Energy Demand. 😁 This 4680 be hungry for power!

1643043594401.png

Here's the humorous part to me..........Tesla is all of 2% lower than where it was just a month ago......meanwhile the Nasdaq is down 18%

It feels terrible right now but we're pretty much right back where we were a month ago......and we all know what can happen in a month with TSLA
Except a month ago, we didn’t have the most amazing P&D report in the history of the company and incoming HUGE earnings beat, all while the rest of the industry is in a downturn. It’s never been clearer how dominant Tesla is, yet we’ve been hit harder than all the rest. Makes ZERO sense unless you (correctly) assume there is heavy manipulation going on.

Except a month ago, we didn’t have the most amazing P&D report in the history of the company and incoming HUGE earnings beat, all while the rest of the industry is in a downturn. It’s never been clearer how dominant Tesla is, yet we’ve been hit harder than all the rest. Makes ZERO sense unless you (correctly) assume there is heavy manipulation going on.

It doesn't matter. If Wall St wants to compress TSLA's forward P/E into a such a low range to where the stock is then forced upwards on every single quarter going forward well then good luck to them. We're effectively at a Forward P/E of 50 right now. Which will continue to drop every single quarter going forward, relentlessly because TSLA's earnings are only going higher. The jump from this upcoming Q4's EPS to 2022 Q4's EPS will be massive.

They'll be the ones chasing TSLA higher quarter after quarter when Tesla continually keeps smashing Wall St low expectations.

The reality of the situation is that Wall St wanted to pummel TSLA much more than they were actually able to do during 2021 and now 2022. I feel super fortunate that Zach/Drew made the business into a monster of efficiency in 2021 because it saved the stock. If this market correction/crash had happened BEFORE those P/D numbers were out, TSLA would have started it's rally from the 700's, possibly high 600's.

I’ve decided to wait and see if we hit the -10% uptick rule before using margin to buy more. I have a feeling they’re keeping it just slightly above that level to ensure that they can continue to manipulate it lower before earnings.

Edit: Just want to point out that they just did it AGAIN. We stopped just shy of -10%.

Last edited:
1643043537576.png

1643043627624.png

I went for the test drive today. The delivery centre was absolutely buzzing with customers. Usual Tesla efficiency: QR code to register and test drive route already on the car's satnav. I spoke to the Tesla woman about demand. Well! This place initially had opening hours of 9 - 5 but with the interest in the Model Y, they have extend to...get this, 8 a.m. till 10 p.m.! She says they are having difficulty booking everyone in, much busier than with the Model 3. In the UK there are only a limited number of RHD Model Ys so the delivery centres are being rationed in terms of how long they can keep them. They all come from China.

I posted a couple of days ago that the second best selling car in the UK in 2021 was the Model 3, behind only the Vauxhall Corsa. On the basis of my visit today appetite for Teslas is only getting bigger. The UK is mad for Tesla!

(Clearly the share price didn't visit the Manchester delivery centre today)

All stocks are getting smashed.

When stuff like this happens you don't sell what you want to sell, you sell what you can... in this case, everything.

There is no stock specific manipulation going on here outside of what has happened everyday on Wall Street since is was founded.

Sell everything. Buy back quality at the bottom. Standard script.

I expect TSLA to lead the market forward at some point. Can't tell you exactly when. Need to see those blowout earning for sure.

When stuff like this happens you don't sell what you want to sell, you sell what you can... in this case, everything.

There is no stock specific manipulation going on here outside of what has happened everyday on Wall Street since is was founded.

I expect TSLA to lead the market forward at some point. Can't tell you exactly when. Need to see those blowout earning for sure.
Yup, I actually expect TSLA to take the mantel from Apple and FAANG later this year as the stock that supports the market.

Thanks for the laugh 😂

Makes ZERO sense unless you (correctly) assume there is heavy manipulation going on.
Or, and I'm just spitballing here, that was already baked into the $1trn+ price.

Most, if not all downward pressure right now, is macro. Plus TSLA is slowly moving from speculative to growth/value. Nothing will happen on earnings day that will make people think "OMG, $1200 was a bargain".

But you can stick to "consipiracies... conspiracies everywhere" if you'd rather not get to grips with basic economics.