Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Option premiums have spiked with implied volatility now at 93%. In the last year we have been below that volatility number 88% of the time. Not only is it a good time to start looking at selling calls and puts (if you're so inclined) but I suspect that such high premiums and volatility will attract a lot of traders.

hulk-hogan-wwe.gif

IMO a rate hike here would be a mistake. Stick to the hawkish rhetoric and plan of shrinking balance sheet and three rate hikes this year. Market has gotten the message. Economy already looking sick. Stimulus drying up. Fed needs to acknowledge speed at which things go bad in today’s hyper connected world. Feedbacks loops are a helluva drug.
I would laugh my head off if the FED called the bluff and said something along the lines of.... 'Since the market has pre-freaked out over the rate hike, we feel it's priced in so the market is telling us to raise.'

Option premiums have spiked with implied volatility now at 93%. In the last year we have been below that volatility number 88% of the time. Not only is it a good time to start looking at selling calls and puts (if you're so inclined) but I suspect that such high premiums and volatility will attract a lot of traders.
IV for which expiration?
For this week IV was >130%.
Next week 104%
The week after: 94.8% ..

Friday we were at 91.8% for this weeks expiration.
Graphically:
Screenshot_20220124_165033.png

A lot of effort going into keeping TSLA down this morning - serious spoofing happening (started in the pre-market).
$900 is obviously the morning target - "they" hammer TSLA every time it dares to run over $900. Likely need some help from the macros. But, if we can get that help, could see the tricksters get steamrolled. If not, Wednesday could be/should be the catalyst we need to set the market straight about the realties when it comes to TSLA, rather than the perverted narrative created by the shorts/hedgies.

I would laugh my head off if the FED called the bluff and said something along the lines of.... 'Since the market has pre-freaked out over the rate hike, we feel it's priced in so the market is telling us to raise.'
A capitulating Fed would appear confused, which would only contribute to the uncertainty.