Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curt - I often look for your posts as a sanity check against all the FUD. With the share price currently on the low end of the spectrum, what's your outlook on TSLA?

Thank you for your kind comment. I sold a large portion of my Tesla shares earlier this month. Today I bought much that back at a level that has twice proven to be supportive. For some time I've also owned Tesla indirectly through the ARKK ETF.

Money manager Tim Seymour is a regular panelist on CNBC's "Fast Money" during the 5 pm ET hour. For some time he has been rabidly dissing Tesla at every opportunity presented to him. Moments ago he admitted that he is short Tesla.

If he kept it secret before then isn't this a clear-cut case of short and distort?

Yes, I saw similar weirdness Saturday as we drove south on Route 95 to come home from Daytona. The NoA kept asking me if it could move over into the middle lane to continue on the route, which was totally unnecessary. I finally just turned off NoA to keep it from bugging me. It also bailed from a lane change for no reason, and would brake for no reason at other times. I saw the "speed limit" sign on the screen change from 70 to 45 and back again one time, and from 70 to 50 and back again another time. The car felt like it was having convulsions. :confused:

I wonder if in some of the instances when EAP doesn't behave as well as the general instance, something as simple as sensor(s) being obstructed or needing cleaning might be the cause. I suspect the system is designed to notify you when it senses that it's capability has been compromised, but, there may be instances that don't quite reach that threshold, but, are enough of an issue to result in some of these sorts of events.

if I may ask, why did you sell earlier in the month? Trigger was online only, SEC, or something else?

I suspected that such an early unveiling of the Model Y might be seen by the market as a potential osbourning of Model 3 demand. In the long run that should be meaningless, but for the short run the market did indeed react negatively. That overwrought concern may have run its course.

I suspected that such an early unveiling of the Model Y might be seen by the market as a potential osbourning of Model 3 demand. In the long run that should be meaningless, but for the short run the market did indeed react negatively. That overwrought concern may have run its course.
Thanks. Let’s see where it goes from here. I never sold (and not even selling calls from here) as the stock may shoot back the same speed as it came down. The FUD is unreal.

But, if you look at what happened after the first time Musk settled with SEC back in end of September....SP actually dropped.
No - that is not what happened.

Sep -27 : SEC sues Tesla. SP drops $42 (from $307 to $264) next day.
Sep -29 : SEC settles with Tesla, Musk. SP goes up $45 (from $264 to $310) on 10/1.
Oct-1 : Tesla announces Q3 production & Delivery. SP goes down $9 (from $310 to $301).

SP keeps going down the next 5 days to end at $250 on 10/8. Then, until 10/22 - when the ER date was announced - SP is between $250 and $276.

I wonder if in some of the instances when EAP doesn't behave as well as the general instance, something as simple as sensor(s) being obstructed or needing cleaning might be the cause. I suspect the system is designed to notify you when it senses that it's capability has been compromised, but, there may be instances that don't quite reach that threshold, but, are enough of an issue to result in some of these sorts of events.
If the sensors or cameras are obstructed, you get a message that Autopilot is limited in function or possibly disabled. I've had it a few times with the snowy conditions and salt film. I've cleaned off the cameras and sensors at charging stops and it seems to work.

Amid all of this confusion today regarding which federal lawsuits were being reported, there is one that has been has been left unadjudicated for 2.5 years. That's Tesla's suit against Michigan officials for blocking direct sales and service by Tesla of its cars.

Can any lawyers out there explain such a delay? Does anyone have information on how this is progressing,

Amid all of this confusion today regarding which federal lawsuits were being reported, there is one that has been has been left unadjudicated for 2.5 years. That's Tesla's suit against Michigan officials for blocking direct sales and service by Tesla of its cars.

Can any lawyers out there explain such a delay? Does anyone have information on how this is progressing,
Haven't heard anything, but there were some filings March 5. (Ruth Johnson was Secretary of State at the time)
Docket for Tesla, Inc. v. Johnson, 1:16-cv-01158 - CourtListener.com

Edit: Ah, from a different site, it was a request to change the case name to match the current Secretary of State.
CERTIFICATE regarding compliance with LCivR 7.1(d) re MOTION to amend/correct the caption to reflect the results of the election[250] filed by Tesla, Inc. (Bursch, John)

At least it shows they are still working on it.

Last edited:
Pretty disgusted with Wall St and at the same time kinda in awe of how blatant they are with manipulation. No one for a second believes the BS demand reports this morning...….they're literally quoting the exact same FUD from a month ago(Jan/Feb US numbers are down). I'm very disappointed in investors though(not retail investors). It seems like everyone on Wall St is either in the game to drive the share price down or just complicit to let it drop all they way down to 250 share before they'll start buying, regardless of how much progress the company makes. I'm actually starting to think that a lot of the funds that hold tesla shares bought them not to ride the share price higher, but to maximize downward selling pressure in coordination with FUD and short attacks. Again though, it's my personal belief that the industries Tesla will be disrupting are bankrolling Wall st funds behind the scenes so I don't expect many of you guys are going to join me on the conspiracy bandwagon lol :)

It would be nice to hear something from the company or Elon. It's not material information to reaffirm guidance already given or to just say "We see no demand issues at all". We here all know from the anecdotal evidence(Euro delivery dates being may now), reports of SR+ orders not being delivered until Aug, etc...) that it's all BS.

Are you kidding me!? Just what do you think the current SEC crap is about???

Let me explain: REPEATING NON-MATERIAL INFO

Never mind the fact Tesla has repeatedly said demand is NOT an issue since literally the beginning of Tesla’s existence. Where in God’s green acres have you been all this time??

Please.

Are you kidding me!? Just what do you think the current SEC crap is about???

Let me explain: REPEATING NON-MATERIAL INFO

Never mind the fact Tesla has repeatedly said demand is NOT an issue since literally the beginning of Tesla’s existence. Where in God’s green acres have you been all this time??

Please.
Calm down. He’s just frustrated like the rest of us.

what the hell is up with the bloomberg tracker now its saying over 80k model 3

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-26_13-2-59.png
    upload_2019-3-26_13-2-59.png
    261.2 KB · Views: 90
It would be nice to hear something from the company or Elon. It's not material information to reaffirm guidance already given or to just say "We see no demand issues at all". We here all know from the anecdotal evidence(Euro delivery dates being may now), reports of SR+ orders not being delivered until Aug, etc...) that it's all BS.
Just one more week. Tesla is really hurting itself by not reporting monthly figures. Even if they are fodder for FUD (they will be since FUDsters will deliberately ignore seasonality), atleast we'd be talking about concrete numbers instead of rumors.