Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The down days are not for being miserable but for buying more shares. I'm serious.

If I've got time later I'll post a nice little down day story
When the SP recovers I’ll have another nice little down day story about selling Apple after their earnings bump and buying TSLA LEAPS while it was in the doldrums. Already been a nice little boost this week.

Does anyone else who owns a Tesla car get an immense urge to buy MORE shares of TSLA after every drive in their Tesla? I do.

I think I have a problem.... :p
There is a support group for that....i feel that you are already a member of it...the acronym is 3 letters and begins with a T and ends with a C.

Dave formulated that question wrong, and he seems to realize that, although not fully stating that it was a completely wrong way of asking the question:

Come on Dave, Elon didn’t misunderstand your question, the tweet was definitely worded wrong. 😁

The answer Dave is looking for is mind-numbingly simple and obvious to Elon, but exceedingly difficult to put into words in any manner than most people would find very meaningful.

The answer of how Elon does this is visions. He sees where the world is going, what technology cost curve declines allow that which was previously uneconomic, how inefficiencies of labor, energy and materials usage could be improved, how much development is needed to get from A to B, what the market might like if they had access to it, etc. etc. etc. Then, he has to translate that into how to make it happen most quickly and efficiently. What is needed, who is available, how to present the ideas and goals and who to present them to. Then there are feedback loops from others, people who may have more day-to-day understanding of some of the specific challenges involved, there is consensus building, bring new talent on board, it goes on and on. All of this needs to be processed through no-nonsense first principles thinking of the highest order (fewest errors possible).

I think the point is, you could write a book and still not really answer Dave's questions because it's all really simple common sense once you are thinking properly. Much better to just watch the results happen and be in awe. Because, obviously, not everyone can do this. If you have to ask, it's just going to seem like magic to you anyway. It's the result of being visionary and being able to manifest those visions in the real world. Explaining it is not really possible because it's a non-stop watching and pulling strings to keep the ball moving in the right direction. If you are good at every step along the way, the result is an amazing success. Or, you might get halfway into it and realize the entire initiative was flawed from the start. This could necessitate abandoning the initiative or starting over with more correct thinking on a "less wrong" path. In the real world you are not afforded too many "do-overs" because these initiatives have to eventually pay for themselves. So another characteristic of some successful at doing this is they don't embark on a lot of dead-ends.

Dave's questions were mind-numbingly naive in the context of the answers so it just kind of blew Elon's mind (in a bad way). Plus, the very act of describing the process would appear egotistical in the extreme. People want to believe there is an easy way to make amazing things happen but it's never easy to be right such a high percentage of the time that you can actually make big, difficult things happen.

The problem wit the YT parasites, is there is only so much flesh to feed on. New TSLA info is rarely brought forth, there can't possibly be enough to put out a regular show. And yet they do, but absent anything of substance. Conjecture and opinion sure. Numbers, thinking, rehash a plenty. So then they turn to interviewing each other, much in the way news shows will report on news people, NOT NEWS. YT is becoming the TMZ national enquirer modern equivalent with regards to Muck Inc. YTers are not in the business of helping you or me, they are in the entertainment business.

Flesh feeders.

This.

The YTers, most of them started as Tesla/Elon fans (at least the ones I cared to watch), but all of them turned themselves into Tesla/Elon enemies. When the got into the YT business, getting subscribers and attentions to their channels becomes their number 1 goal, and nothing else matters anymore, even if it means hurting Tesla/TSLA by their use of overly exaggerate titles and languages to report anything Tesla which otherwise may be so trivial and not one would pay attention to and won't affect TSLA at all, as long as they can bait people to view their videos. The worst example? see all these "fans" do their best to bump up their ER forecast numbers to show everyone how smart they are to figure out the upcoming earnings of Tesla. Just imagine these guys didn't exist, what kind of earning surprise WS will get and how TSLA stock price would react each quarter.

These people are as bad as the TeslaQ we all hate.

It involves a four-letter word. Specifically, you wait.

There is no other way unless you want to play guessing games.
I understood something by reading a book on technical analysis. You try to find patterns that have repeated itself over time and if a pattern is followed 64% of the time by bullish buying then you expect the other traders looking at the bar formation to expect the other traders to start buying in and start the FOMO sentiment. The technical analysis is trying to spot pattern than can tell you other people around are thinking of doing by analyzing what you see too. Then the self-fulfilling prophecy happens. It’s similar to making a psychiatric assessment of what a bipolar patient is going to do in the next few days without correct medication. Sometimes waiting is the good approach unless he has suicidal plans.

I don’t know if I will use the knowledge I got from that book but I sure have learned a lot of new Japanese names coming from the analysis of rice price patterns.

I get your point, but personally I like many of Dave's Tesla videos.
Even the speculative ones. In fact many of the recent ones I find highly interesting.
But ... to each his own.

Also the spoken word can sometimes convey a message better than text - it varies.

I find your sweeping criticism of youtubers a bit harsh. For sure, some are a bit ... much. But we have colorful persons here too, right?
I find that, as far as I can see, most of the youtubers I watch are just trying to make sense of whatever part of the world the care most about. Sure, they also try to make a dime in the process - fine.

I cannot fault them for trying to find meaning and sense in the world.
So do I. I have just chosen a different platform/community/media: TMC.

If they are trying to find meaning, stop broadcasting... and stop listening.

Another critique, also for the sheeple. Gary Black is clearly a money manager, perhaps not when he started on TSLA TWTR. But he publishes fund positions, trades are disclosed, at least per regulation. Same for Ark and C Woody. But all the YTers, what are their positions? Their trades? Are they in cahoots with each other in some fashion (they sure seem to be organized)? Are they even profitable? Do they beat the SP500? There is no Reg FD for these people, no disclosure that I know of. Do they have a mission statement that guides them?

We enjoy watching silly youtube videos at night, something goofy and light before bed. Take one genre like "fails" and/or "fail army". Lots of people put out product. But after a while, they all run together, steal or borrow online content, and get boring. Little distinguishes them. More amateurs at home get into producing fail content, heck anyone can do it.

Now the people putting out FSD stuff where they get in the car and put it thru its paces, that can be of service.

Here is my idears for new YT related to TSLA:
1. Get off yer arsh and go talk to people outside the factories.
2. Get outa da house and go talk to the average man on the street about FSD and then show them the truth (aka Leno and Jaywalking)
3. Start a parody TSLA YT account, put out a weekly rehash wrap of all things TSLA, with an eye on humor and aiming at the talking heads. Get brutal!
4. Interviews? Expand your reach, go visit labs and companies, and researchers. Expand the body of knowledge for the average man.
5. Stalk the small bit players, private and public, learn about them and share them. Could subject folks to pump and dump, but DISCLOSE. more than boston dynamics. So much to do here, so much possible. Be Peter Lynch. Find the next winner in the space, the next acquisition.
6. Beg, borrow, steal to examine legacy offerings. Waymo? Remember the story of the cars that all go down a dead end street, many of them every day? Go ride in one as it does it.
7. Go to shareholder meetings of these other small companies, educate on them. Offer them a platform.
8. You get the idea, much can be done.
9. Stop reacting to everything, be proactive. Lead, stop following.

Bigger picture, quality focus. Don't try to be the first dingbat reporting that Brady retired, you get egg on your face.