Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what's our best guess on when Moody's finally rates our dwindling debt above junk?

Any guess on the next split?

IMO both should be happening in this calendar year, Moody's might be as soon just prior to earnings In April.

Elon has a final tranche of his 2012 CEO comp. plan available in August if Tesla can average 30% gross margins on a TTM basis.

As I've been saying here for months, that's why Tesla's #2 goal for 2022H1 will be MARGINS (#1 Goal is always growth, haha).

I think that makes a stock split unlikely before Elon's shares vest and he can pay the income taxes (split drives SP to spike; costs more in tax).

Last edited:
Split at $1500? Pure guess.
That's my assumption. At some point this year we squeeze up to $1300 or so, announce a split, then squeeze further to $1500-1600 before coming back down. There's no reason for TSLA to stand pat beyond $1200 if we have aspirations of DOW inclusion.

I'm sure Elon doesn't care much, but I'd wager Zach does.

Elon has a final tranche of his 2012 CEO comp. plan available in August if Tesla can average 30% gross margins on a TTM basis.

As I've been saying here for months, that's why Tesla's #2 goal for 2022H1 will be MARGINS (#1 Goal is always growth, haha).

I think that makes a stock split before Elon's shares vest and he can pay the income taxes is unlikely (Split drives SP to spike; costs more in tax).
I'll put you down for "September". ;)

I think that makes a stock split before Elon's shares vest and he can pay the income taxes is unlikely (Split drives SP to spike; costs more in tax).
Hadn’t seen this one.

A cynical me might suggest this helps explain why Cybertruck Is delayed since that would materially impact margins negatively.

Bullish close

big-bull-matthew-mcconaughey.gif

This.

The YTers, most of them started as Tesla/Elon fans (at least the ones I cared to watch), but all of them turned themselves into Tesla/Elon enemies. When the got into the YT business, getting subscribers and attentions to their channels becomes their number 1 goal, and nothing else matters anymore, even if it means hurting Tesla/TSLA by their use of overly exaggerate titles and languages to report anything Tesla which otherwise may be so trivial and not one would pay attention to and won't affect TSLA at all, as long as they can bait people to view their videos. The worst example? see all these "fans" do their best to bump up their ER forecast numbers to show everyone how smart they are to figure out the upcoming earnings of Tesla. Just imagine these guys didn't exist, what kind of earning surprise WS will get and how TSLA stock price would react each quarter.

These people are as bad as the TeslaQ we all hate.
Not all YouTubers are the same Dave and Rob (Tesla Daily) are quality and worth watching.

IMO Dave is just blown away by the implications of the ER and probably needs to revert back to his old style with fewer videos.

For many others the quality varies, sometimes the video covers well known ground, sometimes a video includes too much unsupported speculation.

But mosly YouTube videos are free marketing for Tesla, those that don't know much about Tesla learn something and often learn that the mainstream media commentary is wrong, or that some Wall Street analysts are clueless.

After a while people eventually gravitate to the highest quality information, how they get there isn't important.

In the case of Dave, I've learnt a lot watching his videos.

Not all YouTubers are the same Dave and Rob (Tesla Daily) are quality and worth watching.

IMO Dave is just blown away by the implications of the ER and probably needs to revert back to his old style with fewer videos.

For many others the quality varies, sometimes the video covers well known ground, sometimes a video includes too much unsupported speculation.

But mosly YouTube videos are free marketing for Tesla, those that don't know much about Tesla learn something and often learn that the mainstream media commentary is wrong, or that some Wall Street analysts are clueless.

After a while people eventually gravitate to the highest quality information, how they get there isn't important.

In the case of Dave, I've learnt a lot watching his videos.
Dave's highest contribution is his quantity and quality of interviews. I wish Rob gets more interviews but apparently that's Dave's niche in the space. Both are much watch and I appreciate their contribution to the Tesla community.

As for all this shade Elon is throwing today, I think there's a misunderstanding. Dave mentioned in one of his interview that it's imperative for Elon to share how he gets his vision, what mechanism does he go through to ensure he's not wasting company resources before pitching/driving his idea, and how he can motivate his team to do the impossible when most people think what he wants to do seem crazy and far out there. Dave said this process Elon goes through needs to be unlocked for the world as it can inspire more Elon Musks in the future.

Tesla was at $1,374 when the stock split was announced on Aug 11, 2020.

Here is my guess:
Tesla announces stock spilt in August 2022 in preparation for their Annual Shareholder Meeting in Sept 2022 if the stock is above $1,300 at the time.

View attachment 762695
So you're saying the stock IS going to split in August. ;)

Great idea, give it 20 years and protection from caustic environment, why not a robot that is not anthro?

the robots in a field currently sit idle between seasons, a Tesla bot can walk out of the field and work in the house or at the factory in town or whatever when they aren't needed in the field.

Most farmers hate buying 6 figure+ pieces of equipment, if they can cheaply buy or rent a swarm of cheaper bots to do the same task they will avoid taking out that bigger loan for the single tasker that costs way more.

Dave's highest contribution is his quantity and quality of interviews. I wish Rob gets more interviews but apparently that's Dave's niche in the space. Both are much watch and I appreciate their contribution to the Tesla community.

As for all this shade Elon is throwing today, I think there's a misunderstanding. Dave mentioned in one of his interview that it's imperative for Elon to share how he gets his vision, what mechanism does he go through to ensure he's not wasting company resources before pitching/driving his idea, and how he can motivate his team to do the impossible when most people think what he wants to do seem crazy and far out there. Dave said this process Elon goes through needs to be unlocked for the world as it can inspire more Elon Musks in the future.

Dave really should get off of Elon's back with these questions. In what world is he expecting Elon, or any CEO of any company, to reveal so much inside info to the public? These questions are nothing but distracting and idiotic.