Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what I hear him saying daily is, 'market/stock may rally, but it could easily go down as well.' So it's like 60%/40% probability and then he cherry picks the times when his 60% call was accurate and starts his commentary with 'I told you....'

I mean, that sounds like every other bit of TA I've seen, so story checks out.

I really don't get it @Singuy. I watch Cory's video daily (I look at it as another data point to consider, and I can't get enough news about Tesla and TSLA). But what I hear him saying daily is, 'market/stock may rally, but it could easily go down as well.' So it's like 60%/40% probability and then he cherry picks the times when his 60% call was accurate and starts his commentary with 'I told you....'

At least, that's what I hear. Maybe it's due to me being skeptical.
Really. What I hear is "don't rule out the possible of the stock market going lower but if you see this this and this hitting then you can start ruling it out". Last night's video he was pretty definitive because so many technical points have hit where his conviction grew stronger.

I mean we are on a stock market rally right now as the 10 year hit 1 year highs after moving over 0.1%. This has happened about 0 times ever since we had inflation/10 year fears. And the QQQ bounced off exactly what he said will bounce off at (even though premarket was kind of shaky due to the 10 year). So I don't know how much confidence one can give to someone when is that person is the contrarian and come out right multiple times in a row.

Really. What I hear is "don't rule out the possible of the stock market going lower but if you see this this and this hitting then you can start ruling it out". Last night's video he was pretty definitive because so many technical points have hit where his conviction grew stronger.

I mean we are on a stock market rally right now as the 10 year hit 1 year highs after moving over 0.1%. This has happened about 0 times ever since we had inflation/10 year fears. And the QQQ bounced off exactly what he said will bounce off at (even though premarket was kind of shaky due to the 10 year). So I don't know how much confidence one can give to someone when they go against contrarian beliefs and come out right multiple times in a row.

I've idly thought about whether or not macro trends - for whatever reason - are greatly accelerated these days relative to past iterations. Look how quickly the Covid crash / recovery of March 2020 played out. There are other examples as well. Maybe the market has already had its taper tantrum and moved on.

Free Supercharging at certain locations in France, Germany, Norway and Sweden, weekends, off-hrs:

Cheers!

P.S. Norway Jan 2022 84% of new auto sales were EVs :D

I mean we are on a stock market rally right now as the 10 year hit 1 year highs after moving over 0.1%. This has happened about 0 times ever since we had inflation/10 year fears. And the QQQ bounced off exactly what he said will bounce off at (even though premarket was kind of shaky due to the 10 year). So I don't know how much confidence one can give to someone when is that person is the contrarian and come out right multiple times in a row.
Yeah, the most impressive part is all the bears in the comments saying the opposite will happen and then Cory was contrarian and right on multiple points. He was able to show patterns on why to buy the dip and why it would bounce back at some support levels. I was impressed when he called all the support levels and the day after the stocks he was talking about bounced right there.

I find it interesting to discover self fulfilling prophecies where people behave 90% of the time a certain way in predetermined conditions because they think everybody will start behaving a certain way that was previously discovered in the market. It’s not absolute science but it’s a way to integrate statistics on market herd psychology. I don’t think I could call the patterns myself but I find it interesting to be able to understand what someone else is talking about and see if they can be reasonably right most of the time.

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
For those interested in what is going on in the darkpool

darkpool.PNG

This is on Bloomberg behind a paywall so I won't bother posting a link...

Vast DOJ Probe Looks at Almost 30 Short-Selling Firms and Allies​

The Justice Department is collecting a trove of information on dozens of investment firms and researchers engaged in short selling as part of a sweeping U.S. hunt for potential trading abuses, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation seized computers from the home of prominent short seller Andrew Left, the founder of Citron Research, in early 2021, some of the people said. In more recent months, the Justice Department subpoenaed certain market participants seeking communications, calendars and other records relating to almost 30 investment and research firms, as well as three dozen individuals associated with them, the people said, asking not to be identified discussing confidential inquiries.
This feels somewhat important, will be very interesting to see what happens.

That oil price is scary. Teslas back log will explode if oil keeps on ticking up like that. Haven't seen 90+ a barrel for a long while.

The current high oil prices are caused collusion on multiple levels, most of it illegal. They will let the prices crash when Tesla's ramps at their two newest factories are just starting to hit their stride in hopes of collapsing demand for EV's. It won't work but watch and see.

As usual, they will under-estimate demand for EV's, even in a world with cheap oil. They don't understand people want EV's, not because gas costs so much, but because EV propulsion offers a far superior driving experience and is also more convenient to live with.

I've had to drive my 2010 F-150 recently for the first time in a very long time. I've only driven it about 12 times in the last 3.5 years and not at all in the last year. It was shocking how disconnected my right foot felt from the actual torque applied to the ground. There is a delay in the fuel entering the cylinders once the injectors increase flows. Then there is another delay to accelerate the large heavy crankshaft and associated bits, then the power is delayed once again in the transmission as pressures build in the torque converter. The net result when driving up a steep gravel driveway is the power has a huge delay that I was so accustomed to from decades of driving ICE that it seemed like no delay at all - I just made do and was none the wiser. Before I adjusted to nearly instantaneous EV torque, I wasn't aware that this was bothersome. Now that I know better, I could never go back. Not because I'm in a hurry measured in fractions of a second but because it provides so much less control, and that matters in a number of situations, for example on a steep hill. The delayed feedback loop is like a bad dream where the monster is getting closer and closer but your legs are leaden and won't move any faster. It's a huge fault that has been forgiven for decades because no one knew any better way to do it.

This has a lot to do with I don't think even cheap oil will crash demand for EV's. There are many other reasons too.