Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should note that was a US centric observation. Crime rates dropped by about half in the 90s here in the US. Crime had huge upswings in the 20s and 60s.

In this scenario, where there's increase turmoil, we're also guiding towards significant numbers of people working on the following tech extensively to improve:

- Internet (efficiency and creativity of new markets and current markets)
- AGI (efficiency of societal decision making and discovery...and what have you)
- Space (discovery of outside the planet)
- Brain/Genetic Engineering/Gene Editing/Proteomics (discovery of inside the mind/body)
- Clean Transportation and Energy (risk mitigation and infrastructure efficiency)

Anyone know a period of time where so much change was happening at any given moment and where human civilization was acting like a petri dish in a tea kettle waiting to get out and explore both outside of our planet and within ourselves? Just my 2 cents...

Edit: Probably The Enlightenment, no? Age of Enlightenment - Wikipedia

I'm on twitter, see the stuff that folks put out there. Much of what gets shared here is a repeat of what I've seen already. Isn't there a better way to handle so much of twitter being posted here?

More on the twitter, I reckon folks could argue that discussing what is there is important to investors? Well, can't that stay on twitter? Is there really someone all that new worth following that won't be found on twitter?

Also, kind of like sharing what the price is. If I gave a flip about that, I can look at the price? Isn't there a better way to handle the mundane aspect of share price?

• Disagree
Reactions: WADan
I am contemplating adding more jan24 leaps. I am trying to determine if IV has subsided enough to make them even more of a steal. Does anyone know what Papafox reports on his daily post? Specifically, what is the 52.6 and 39%? Thanks!@

Conditions:

* IV 52.6, 39%
* Max Pain 925
* Percent of TSLA selling tagged to shorts: 46%
I'm inclined to wait a bit, both in time and in SP. I've got my eye on something similar, debit call spreads at $1400/$1200. I consider that SP point to be nearly 100% certain by Jan 2024, so the $2900 debit to clear $20k is mighty nice.

But I tend to jump too early, so I'm gonna wait til at least mid to late March. If we tread water here, IV should be super low and I can convert some shares to the above LEAP spreads combined with cheap May20 YOLO calls.

That's the primary reason I think we need to pop before ST Paddy's Day. They're not gonna give is 7-to-1 return on a 2024 call spread like that for very long. Once a 1Q whisper number starts floating around, I see MM's taking their boot off the SP. By then they'll have slowly bought all they want at these low prices.

And the US Govt ought to be on their knees thanking Musk for breaking the reliance on Russia for human spaceflight.

Exactly.

I wish the US government would simply contract Tesla to build the US EV charging network. Not only because I'm a TSLA investor, but because Tesla has proven they can efficiently build a supercharging network which is reliable at scale. As a US citizen I want our country to have a dependable charging network for all EV's, and I shudder to think how our government will waste huge amounts of taxpayer dollars possibly building junk when an obvious better option was available all along, but disregarded due to cruddy politics.

But eh, sometimes things which seem super obvious to me just don't become reality.

Exactly.

I wish the US government would simply contract Tesla to build the US EV charging network. Not only because I'm a TSLA investor, but because Tesla has proven they can efficiently build a supercharging network which is reliable at scale. As a US citizen I want our country to have a dependable charging network for all EV's, and I shudder to think how our government will waste huge amounts of taxpayer dollars possibly building junk when an obvious better option was available all along, but disregarded due to cruddy politics.

But eh, sometimes things which seem super obvious to me just don't become reality.
It's not only that Tesla can build them better, they are 1k times better at maintaining their chargers. That's really the only difference imo. It's not so much the charging tech, but the real juice is Tesla's maintenance and tracking of their charging network that makes them superior.

Anyone still subscribe to Consumer Reports?

Ford’s Mustang Mach-E beats Tesla’s Model 3 as Consumer Reports’ top electric vehicle for 2022

The designation is further validation of Ford CEO Jim Farley's belief the company can not only compete with Tesla but also beat Elon Musk when it comes to EVs.​
Consumer Reports says reliability data it has collected shows the Mach-E has very few problems, so far.​
That data, along with owner reviews and testing conducted by the nonprofit group, prompted Consumer Reports to make the Mach-E its "Top Pick" for an electric vehicle.​

Anyone still subscribe to Consumer Reports?

Ford’s Mustang Mach-E beats Tesla’s Model 3 as Consumer Reports’ top electric vehicle for 2022

The designation is further validation of Ford CEO Jim Farley's belief the company can not only compete with Tesla but also beat Elon Musk when it comes to EVs.​
Consumer Reports says reliability data it has collected shows the Mach-E has very few problems, so far.​
That data, along with owner reviews and testing conducted by the nonprofit group, prompted Consumer Reports to make the Mach-E its "Top Pick" for an electric vehicle.​
Yea, in case anyone still has doubts whether CR can be bought...

Yea, in case anyone still has doubts whether CR can be bought...
I swear somebody pissed in Jake Fisher's Wheaties several years back. Somewhere along the line he stopped ever having something nice to say about Tesla products, and frequently seems to go out of his way to rig things up so he can say something bad.

Anybody who fails to understand how consequential this is is ignoring events of the last weeks. We need not consider this OT, because the significance of these events is pointing towards unprecedented economic consequences with direct negative effects for TSLA. Why? Even asking why indicates lack of understanding when we have just gone through a catastrophic atatck on both the US and Canadian economies. The DOS stack on Canadian banks is proof that the perpetrators are quite capable of similar attacks elsewhere. The very concentration of monetary transactions is Canada makes it an ideal demonstration case for further attacks elsewhere.

Tesla is directly under attack from the governments of South Korea and the US, plus California, among others. Almost all the publicity is carefully structured to make unjustified claims appear to be legitimate. While those events are not directly related to the Canadian banks nor the truckers they all help advance FUD.
That the odd tweet from Elon helps the detractors just adds a bit of fuel to the fire.

Without question we have a new era of global risk to consider. Panic is ill-advised, caution is strongly justified.
Yes, you are right. All my associated posts were deleted, which I am glad about. This is an investment community and very few recognize what is happening. I was expecting better.

My wife found some FUD shown on YouTube and possible FB saying 80% of Starlink satellites crashing with derogatory comments on EM. But what was interesting was that this was funded in part or in whole by the Russian government(YouTube warning). I also wonder if the SEC has connections along with short sellers like Chanos and the other short boiler room types. BTW Trump appears to be in trouble with IRS which leads me to believe he would take $ from anyone and seemed to want to be like Putin. This is quite interesting to Follow the Money. I hope the DOJ investigates this thoroughly and cannot be influenced by the bad players.
The SEC are clowns. All they do is make money by fining and they have a tendency to only go after the lowest man on the totem pole, the fallguys.

Reactions: Drumheller