Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, straight up, I'm NOT wanting this to be interpreted as a political post, so please don't take it as such.

Specifically, I want people to look at the COMMENTS SECTION of this article, about how tons of people on the opposite political side of most on this forum have been impressed by Musk and view him in a much better light. Some even report recently buying a Tesla specifically because of his actions.

Specifically because of Elon's actions, Tesla products are appealing to a much broader audience. THAT is very VERY bullish for TSLA if you ask me!

• Informative
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
Curious. Does this mean Tesla stops producing vehicles until complete? Or are the cars being produced now still considered test vehicles that cant be sold or torn down and used for parts. Or is it until the requirements are me the cars must just sit and wait to be shipped.
We've debated that and my sentiment is that it is a 'wait and see' or 'time will tell' kinda thing at this point.

Reactions: Blue horseshoe
Specifically, I want people to look at the COMMENTS SECTION of this article, about how tons of people on the opposite political side of most on this forum have been impressed by Musk and view him in a much better light. Some even report recently buying a Tesla specifically because of his actions.

Specifically because of Elon's actions, Tesla products are appealing to a much broader audience. THAT is very VERY bullish for TSLA if you ask me!

I honestly couldn’t tell you what “political side” most are aligned with in this forum.

But yes, many pro Tesla and Elon comments below the article. Nice to see.

OK, straight up, I'm NOT wanting this to be interpreted as a political post, so please don't take it as such.

Is these a strong lean against Tesla from either political party?

In my experience they have fairly broad appeal across the spectrum. I haven't seen any polls on this, just my feel from the community here and some other online communities. I realize there are some politicians who don't like Musk personally, but if you follow those same politicians back to their office, half of their staff are driving Teslas.

EVs used to lean heavily one color, then over the years comments from Musk and the cars themselves have appealed to the other color.

Also watching the Brandenburg conference with my limited knowledge of the German language.

I can make out many thank you's. How hard the task was. Etcetera.

TLDR: lot's of political gesturing, little raw info unknown to us Tesla nerds. Unfortunately my German is too limited to find the golden nuggets. Let's hope someone is crazy enough to make a transcript and translate the lot :p
Do yourself a Google translation will help.

Amazing news!! Since construction started on Austin I always thought Berlin would beat Austin to the punch but in the last mb 2 months I convinced myself that I was wrong. Hopefully these two weeks go smoothly and we get the first delivery, SECONDS, before Austin opens.

Congrats to Tesla Germany and all of the contractors, employees, and even the litigators that made it happen in a inconceivable amount of time for modern day Germany.

The logistical savings Tesla is about to gain access to for being able to tap the European market is substantial, as is the production capacity.

Go Tesla!
Go TSLA!

Is there a strong lean against Tesla from either political party?

In my experience they have fairly broad appeal across the spectrum. I haven't seen any polls on this, just my feel from the community here and some other online communities. I realize there are some politicians who don't like Musk personally, but if you follow those same politicians back to their office, half of their staff are driving Teslas.

EVs used to lean heavily one color, then over the years comments from Musk and the cars themselves have appealed to the other color.
I believe the takeaway from the Comments that @bkp_duke was emphasizing is not Tesla’s broad-spectrum appeal, but the shift away from disparaging attitudes toward Tesla that ALSO reach across the spectrum. There are many who have harsh, even strident words against the company - and in my experience they consistently are based on animus for Mr Musk - both from the deepest red, most ag-rural acquaintances of mine AS WELL AS from ones who fairly can be called the most urbane of urban elite. For a given self-definition of elite in my opinion, but I digress.

That both the company’s and Mr Musk’s actions can shift the attitudes of even some of such persons is, to me, a rare patch of sunshine on my own feelings toward…or against…humanity.

It is amazing how people can turn on a dime for you and against you.....reminds me a lot of the family here at TMC 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I honestly couldn’t tell you what “political side” most are aligned with in this forum.

But yes, many pro Tesla and Elon comments below the article. Nice to see.

Indeed. The only consensus here is making money while mitigating climate change.

It’s great to see Elon appealing to a broader audience. It should help accelerate the mission, too.