Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course not, but I swift transition while lowering our supply should be done.

This is not about Tesla selling every single one of their products, it's about lighting a match under everyone else's asses.
The dynamics are already lighting that match. People respond to high gas/energy prices. The last time we were in this situation, the demand for trucks and big SUV's materially dropped,

This time, consumers actually have a choice to get away from gas prices all together. Consumer choice and their money drives market dynamics and lights the ass under industries.

Would anyone happen to know how big of a team you need to install a 1MW or 5MW solar farm? I keep reading that a 1MW solar system could be installed in 2-5 days. I'm wondering how many people it'd take to tackle on huge, singular projects to manufacture these solar farms to power countries.

I see so many articles on land needed and costs, but little in terms of people power to get this done.

Edit: Found it - 4 people, 1 day. How many workers are needed to put up a 1 megawatt solar farm?

Edit x2:

4 Peta Watts annual to power the US
1 MW system = 1.44 Gwh annual produced Link
2,777,778 1MW solar farms installed.

If it takes 4 people, 1 day for 1MW solar farm...then, hiring 10,000 employees would equate to ~3 years to build enough solar farms to power the entire US in perpetuity.
did you figure in the "economy of scale"? lol

The dynamics are already lighting that match. People respond to high gas/energy prices. The last time we were in this situation, the demand for trucks and big SUV's materially dropped,

This time, consumers actually have a choice to get away from gas prices all together. Consumer choice and their money drives market dynamics and lights the ass under industries.
Meanwhile we have the energy industry lobbyists already trying to get more natural gas and drilling going due to this situation, so no, the match has not been lit already.

More of the same until the next thing, then we'll need more oil and gas because it hasn't been enough time for everyone to get 100% on Renewables so you know, gotta stay with the status quo.

Event after event....OMG, humanity, just do the right fu king thing!

*New* nuclear is ridiculous. Running existing reactors thru their natural lifespan during this transition period is quite logical.
The EU currently gets Uranium from Russia, but Australia should be able to fil that gap...

I'm not aware if there are differences in ore bodies, but I assume it needs a lot of processing to turn ore into a "reactor ready" product.

At the EU may have a store of "reactor ready" Uranium already available.

Reactions: PokerFJÆS
Meanwhile we have the energy industry lobbyists already trying to get more natural gas and drilling going due to this situation, so no, the match has not been lit already.

More of the same until the next thing, then we'll need more oil and gas because it hasn't been enough time for everyone to get 100% on Renewables so you know, gotta stay with the status quo.

Event after event....OMG, humanity, just do the right fu king thing!
You really need to chill. Consumer dollars dictate industries......when consumers are given options. The fossil fuel industry hates Elon and Tesla and did everything in their power to end the company years ago because of this exact scenario. In the past, consumers didn't have options. They were beholden to the status quo industries. That's not the case anymore.

More of the same is impossible when you have a company like Tesla driving EV adoption. You can get in your head as much as you want about the cycle repeating but the fact is Tesla controls it's destiny now and consumers have chosen with their dollars.

The fossil fuel industry is in for a rude awakening in 2 years when Tesla is pumping out 3 million cars a year and deploying Mega packs in volume and demand for ICE collapses. If anything, the situation right now is setting up the fossil fuel industry for a insanely hard crash in 2-3 years. They're going to build out all this new production and then demand plummets.

Until then, you need to take something to take the edge off ;)

The EU currently gets Uranium from Russia, but Australia should be able to fil that gap...

I'm not aware if there are differences in ore bodies, but I assume it needs a lot of processing to turn ore into a "reactor ready" product.

At the EU may have a store of "reactor ready" Uranium already available.
Perhaps we could simply appropriate it from Goldman Sachs and supply all of Europe for free. I'd be in favor of that.

The fossil fuel industry is in for a rude awakening in 2 years when Tesla is pumping out 3 million cars a year and deploying Mega packs in volume and demand for ICE collapses. If anything, the situation right now is setting up the fossil fuel industry for a insanely hard crash in 2-3 years. They're going to build out all this new production and then demand plummets.
Unfortunately, the taxpayers will be left holding the bag.

But at what cost. How much would it have cost to install the sensors and the networking 3 decades ago? If Tesla can do passive optical in the traffic light and wireless communication between the traffic lights, it would cost a lot less than digging weight sensors under the asphalt including the cost to shut down traffic.

Also Tesla can probably monetize the information they gather… At it sure would be useful to track troop movements in wartime.
All I said was that it has been possible for a very long time.

It seemed to me obvious by the fact that it hasn't happened to any significant degree that there were myriad reasons for that.

Please feel free to cherry pick your favorite and post it up. There are plenty more for anyone else who wants to play that game. We could divide up the possibilities by including the decade, tech level, whatever, for each reason that it didn't happen, if that would make the game more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rohan
Recently, The Economist magazine asked whether 'Elon will change Germany, or Germany will change Elon'.

Of course, the 1st Wave was the import of Model 3 to Europe beginning in 2019. Recently, Model 3 became the best-selling car in Germany. Check.

The 2nd Wave was the construction and opening of Giga Berlin. Check.

This is the 3rd Wave:

Let's get off Russian fossil fuels, and discard the lingering overhang of the Cold War. Low-carbon intensity energy matters, and Tesla will be at the forefront.

Cheers!

Alien Tech has arrived. Plaid motor part, and the real Flux Capacitor, or at least a Flux thing for sure. Thx Monroe.

Attachments

• D36C6DAE-C878-4B1D-93A6-2A6AB6264C63.jpeg
    D36C6DAE-C878-4B1D-93A6-2A6AB6264C63.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 99
Calling dormant nuclear power stations 'dormant nukes' is FUD and not helpful/informative for the discussion at hand.
Not funny either.
No matter what my opinion is on nuclear.
Some facts about nuclear energy and with a special about 'Fukushima 10 years after' https://www.worldnuclearreport.org/IMG/pdf/wnisr2021-lr.pdf
Getting rid of fossil and nuclear energy with the dependance of foreign supply was THE reason for me to build a Passivhouse, put PV on it and drive an electric car. Three of them to be exact.
I can't understand why Elon is supporting this technologies other than to support Ukranian people in their hopeless situation.
The same that many of us here recommended to accelerate the building of GIGA Berlin-Brandenburg to STOP ALL BUREAUCRATIC HURDLES NOW for anything that helps getting rid of the dependance on these energy sources and transport systems, should be the motto for the free world.
Yes, it will still take time to build all the renewable energy systems. But for today I love simple initiatives to safe fossil energy by reducing room temperature a few degrees, riding bicycle, building carpools. etc., more than ever.

Last edited:
Recently, The Economist magazine asked whether 'Elon will change Germany, or Germany will change Elon'.

Of course, the 1st Wave was the import of Model 3 to Europe beginning in 2019. Recently, Model 3 became the best-selling car in Germany. Check.

The 2nd Wave was the construction and opening of Giga Berlin. Check.

This is the 3rd Wave:

Let's get off Russian fossil fuels, and discard the lingering overhang of the Cold War. Low-carbon intensity energy matters, and Tesla will be at the forefront.

Cheers!
Revamping nuclear facilities, hummmmmm. What a great use for a technology comfortable with hazardous work environments. Optimus Subprime anyone?

Last edited: