Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shorts get the same protections and payout as shareholders? That’s my guess for what Tesla is contesting.

Lol, no. You don't even need to guess. Elon's lawyer was specific in what they are contesting: the facts:
  1. Elon believed funding was secured
  2. Funding was in fact secured (Saudi PIF document redacted)
  3. Elon never lied.
The SEC nabogs had the gaul to draft their settlement plan as if there was an admission of guilt: There was not. Too bad for the SEC. If they'd have just stuck to the terms of their own settlement, they might have received a favorable review from the court. Not now.

Instead, this is most likely going to go before a jury (unless the Judge tosses the SEC case outright). Either way, Elon's lawyers will crush the SEC's fraudulent claims. Elon is in a mood to fight, and will accept nothing less.

I hope they also expose the individual short sellers who goaded the SEC into this ill-advised adventure after just a few days review. ACTUAL fraud (as shown by a court ruling) has taken the SEC 4 years or more to lay charges in previous cases. This action more resembled a drive-by shooting. You know how the SEC action roiled the SP (twice). They did far, far more damage to investors than they claim was done. But that was their implied threat for failure to comply, and their hole-card, wasn't it?

It won't surprise me 1 bit if it is shown that JPMorgan and/or Citadel were behind the curtain, pulling the SEC strings. Remember, JPMorgan still has their civil suit open claiming damages from when they themselves closed their TSLA hedges after the tweet+aftermath, but lost money because TSLA didn't go down (as they hoped).

Unbelievable. What losers!

Last edited:
$1,000 price increase for all 3/Y Trims.
It looks like the RWD 3 wasn’t included in these price increases. I was helping a friend shop for one earlier in the day, and was pretty sure the price stayed the same even after the increases for the other trims, but now I’m seeing others say the same on twitter, so I’m more confident.

That’s the only one with an LFP pack.

Also, a different just took delivery of a new RWD 3 with an LFP pack and he was given a “free range upgrade” of 10-20 miles. He said he’d take a screenshot of the email Tesla sent him about it, but I can’t get him to send it — he’s too busy having fun driving the thing.

BMW is recalling more than 917,000 older cars and SUVs in the U.S. – most for a third time – to fix a problem that can cause engine compartment fires.
3️⃣

The fire risk occurs while the vehicles are being driven or soon after they are parked.
😳

But the company says in documents that if a driver smells smoke or burning plastic or sees smoke from the engine compartment, they should pull to a safe location, shut off the engine and leave the vehicle.
👌

Well keep in mind, the LYRIQ is coming this month and expected to be huge (HUYGQ in Cadillac speak) so that’ll put a big hit in Model Y sales.

So maybe only 79-89%.
No way the double-gravestone-mobile will get 1%!

When I squint it looks like a failure.

Same thing when I don't squint...

Last edited:
Anyone have a read on the CPI numbers - looks like 7.9% when market was expecting 8% or above.
This should be bullish near term as the rate seems to be slowing, and as such that means the FED will be more "dovish"
Any feedback is appreciated.
A lot of forecasts were looking for an eight handle. Rather than bullish I would tag this as neutral or not overly bearish.

Since the whole point of raising interest rates is demand destruction and oil prices seem to be doing some heavy lifting here, everything is uncertain and WS hates this. Those who claimed six or seven hikes this year, which I did not believe was ever happening, are now looking for three or four. Most of time, the reason they give is that the Fed must do at least this much so that they can cut interest rates again for possible recession. Talk about a vivid example of the psychology of markets.

BTW, it is widely assumed that the Fed lost control here and that they are all stupid. I am not so quick to assign the stupid label, although it is quite often Occam’s razor. I would draw attention to the fact that inflation can be a friend to those in debt. Seems the US has devalued the national debt by about 7 percent the past year, and this is nothing to ignore IMO. Certainly a better situation on a national level than the example of Japan which has had deflation and ever increasing debt the past couple of decades.

Owning the reserve currency can be a helluva drug!

I think it would be great for the war to stop.

All the best!

Predictable stuff. And the back lash continues.

Maybe the Russian troll farms are not as active but the fossil ones most certainly are in overdrive. They see the demand destruction coming from BEVs and they do not like.

Well keep in mind, the LYRIQ is coming this month and expected to be huge (HUYGQ in Cadillac speak) so that’ll put a big hit in Model Y sales.

So maybe only 79-89%.

The Model Y will do to Cadillac LYRIQ...
what Model S did to Cadillac ELR...
and Model 3 did to Chevy BOLT.

Then Tesla FSD will do it to all non-Tesla cars and trucks.
Relentless improvement continues this weekend.

If I were a paranoid type I'd think that Wall Street is causing this daily bounce and dip to milk retailers.
Predictable stuff. And the back lash continues.

Maybe the Russian troll farms are not as active but the fossil ones most certainly are in overdrive. They see the demand destruction coming from BEVs and they do not like.
For the past year it was left wing idiots dunking on EVs/Tesla, now the right wing idiots are up to bat.

Shorts get the same protections and payout as shareholders? That’s my guess for what Tesla is contesting.
If shorts (non-investors) are compensated for their losses, it will be a dangerous precedent. It will mean that the SEC has been successful in their attempt to equate the term "market participant" to "investor". I am not aware of any previous monetary settlements being granted to short sellers.

So many interesting things going on right now. Tesla prioritizing deliveries to people who buy FSD (if accurate) is crazy bullish. The Y price increase supports that idea. On top of rumors that orders are pouring in.

TSLA will be the most expensive mega cap stock per share once Amazon and Google wrap up their splits. Even with the current market churn it's hard to imagine we won't split again soon.

I think @JimS feeds the max pain chat data to @Papafox for his daily posts. ❤️HUGE Thanks to both of those people to supply us with great data on a regular basis! ❤️ If you're crazy you could skim all the posts and piece together a long graph of the Max pain vs stock price from all the posts over in that thread. Or maybe @JimS has a bigger/longer duration graph he can share with us:
Thank you for your kind words. My "expertise" pales in comparison to @Papafox and many other participants in this forum. As I told @Papafox a couple of weeks ago when I transmitted my chart to him: "I've learned one thing so far this year about the stock market. I've learned that I know NOTHING!"

Last year when I suggested charting Max Pain and Closing Prices, I was expecting such charts would provide convincing evidence that Market Makers were manipulating the stock. (I would like "proof" just like @Gigapress.) The charts frequently show a "closing of the gap" at the end of each week, but not as consistently as I expected. I think the analysis of the intraday trading activity that @Papafox conducts is convincing that manipulation is occurring, but it does not constitute "proof."

I've been limiting my charts to the 4 week periods leading up to the options expiration dates. The longer duration charts just look like two squiggly lines chasing each other. Longer duration charts are available at Swaggy Stocks.

Whether or not you believe market manipulation is occurring, I believe @Papafox's most recent and consistent "not advise" is sound: "My tactics remain the same: I avoid using margin, buying call options with anything other than minimal time value, and buying call options with less than a year or two of time remaining. Most call option buyers lose money. Don't be one of them."

So many interesting things going on right now. Tesla prioritizing deliveries to people who buy FSD (if accurate) is crazy bullish. The Y price increase supports that idea. On top of rumors that orders are pouring in.

TSLA will be the most expensive mega cap stock per share once Amazon and Google wrap up their splits. Even with the current market churn it's hard to imagine we won't split again soon.
Playing around with the configurator indeed pulls delivery date forward when FSD is added vs subtracted for LR and SR models.

And apparently Elon is a Dad again, this time to a baby girl!