Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well macros just tanked (dragging TSLA down with them). Here's the QQQ:

QQQ.2022-03-21.12-24.BOD.png

Anybody hear the news?

SpaceX already sells a much higher bandwidth solution for only $500 per month: (ideal for cellular networks)

Respectfully disagree. The original post suggested that Starlink would/could be used at every cell tower for backup. Let’s start with the basics:

• There is amount of bandwidth available per user. That varies by type of signal. 3G is being phased out. Today it is 4G and 4G LTE, and 5G for which there are also variants. Bandwidth per user can vary across those from a few Mb to Gb(s) per user
  • Each tower can have multiple radios and sectors which serve many users
  • Cell towers back-haul their traffic to a carrier’s main network to deliver the call to wherever you are calling. That is typically many G of data
500Mb is not nearly enough back-up for many towers. You need enough bandwidth to back-up all the users for that tower. Net net, the original post implied that Starlink could have a market opportunity as backup for every cell tower. I don’t think so.

I did a quick google search on it just to check myself - see quora What is the data carrying capacity of a cell tower? We see data throughput to an enduser device, such as a phone or wireless broadband do...

I think it's kinda silly to compare a car delivery with picking up a Phone. How about compare it to ya know......buying a car from a car dealership. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have Tesla's car delivery subpar service verses sitting in a car dealership for 4 hours as they try every attempt to upcharge/price gouge me.

Mods can delete this post if they want, I won't bother responding if someone quotes this. It's just silly to compare car delivery to picking up the new Iphone.
i compared the experience for items with a huge price delta so you clearly missed the point .. and you can delete your comments ... as mine are relative to the the Tesla company hence the TSLA stock in the long run .. i do not need to compare to legacy dealer .. .. i sold my old model S to a legacy dealer OEM and was treated quite well by them... any way as you say the Mods will remove anything they deem inappropriate for this thread

excuse me for my silly posting on the @StarFoxisDown! thread :p

Last edited:
Well macros just tanked (dragging TSLA down with them). Here's the QQQ:

View attachment 783918

Anybody here the news?
You should expect lots of dramatic spikes upwards and downwards for no reason over the next few weeks until it's confirmed the market has bottomed and Q1 earnings across the board don't show signs of pressure under inflation. Hedgies are loving this volatility and will want to spook or excite the market for no other reason to play both sides of the trade

You should expect lots of dramatic spikes upwards and downwards for no reason over the next few weeks until it's confirmed the market has bottomed and Q1 earnings across the board don't show signs of pressure under inflation. Hedgies are loving this volatility and will want to spook or excite the market for no other reason to play both sides of the trade

Lol, which is why "dead investors" tend to outperform "hyper-active" types... :D

So best advice is, "play dead" ? ;)

Cheers!

Lol, if ur Frito-lay delivery is late, u lose some weight. If your proto-type battle wagon brews up, u lose some soldiers.
Or your Ukraine Power/Starlink kit shows up with assembly instructions on YouTube, darn. Then they forgot to tape up the 12V wires before closing that gateway cover (in video). At least they patched that one, it's all good. Now turn it on, cover it up, and run!

I think this:
This is kinda what I was talking about in the post earlier.

This is literally just a reiteration of what he said a week ago and the market is already pricing in 1-2 .5% surprise rate hikes at some point this year.

But the same headlines will be regurgitated multiple times to drive volatility both up and down

Just did my part for Q1 picked up my new to me (off lease 2018 Model S) in Brooklyn NY delivery center ... already working on my Safety Score score ...looking forward to FSD beta.

It was a total nightmare on delivery... I wont get into specifics here ... suffice it to say they have a lot of work to do... same delivery center was much better in 2017 when i picked up my 2017 Model S( a lot less volume at that time and i was treated like i was buying a luxury car)... suffice it to say if not for being a mission supporter/investor... i would be in a dispute with Tesla right now based on my experience ...

i would summarize it this way .. Apple treats me better when i purchase a $1000 phone
they really need to work on this i hand them a check for over $76000 i should be treated like it is a years pretax salary for many people ... at some point the delivery/sales experience must be improved....

Tesla has no real competition and they are starting to behave like it ... monopolist behavior :( not good
they need to make it a priority

they will need to recruit Sales/Delivery talent ... not just engineering ... for most consumers this is their main impression of Tesla .. once the benefits of an EV are a given (as is my case) ... you are less willing to forgive the bad interactions

iPhone people are a bit of a special kind aren't they? I just switched from Android, $2,000 for 1T bleeding edge camera tech, but the experience was frightful and pissed me off. First, my migration did not work at all from my Note 8 (after waiting for an hour for it to do something while they attempted to get me to go home and do it). Then when I returned to the store, the Manager on duty roller her eyes because I simply asked how to turn the damn thing off. All I saw was an overpriced product and spoiled customers claiming their own class.

However, the phone is freaking awesome! But Apple should seriously take some tips from Tesla on delivery and sales, but that's just my reality.

Terrible tragedy:

2 Pennsylvania troopers fatally hit by a car as they helped man on I-95, police say​

The state troopers were trying to get the man who was walking on the interstate into their patrol SUV, officials said. A driver they had pulled over earlier allegedly struck all of them.

Only posting this to point out that the make of the vehicle is not named, which it probably should not be as it does not matter. But if it had been a Tesla, we would be down 5%.

Time for a bold over under!

Is Tesla going to produce over 500K in 3Q 2022 or under?

Like if over, disagree if under!

Aaaaaaaaand go!
OK we can consider this poll closed.

The questions was the bold prediction of 500K produced in 3Q 2022, over or under? TMC seems pretty split on the issue:

OVER: 16 UNDER: 12

Think is easy to go with the under given all uncertainties lately. The question basically is whether Berlin and Austin together can produce 150K in the 3Q. Much easier to see them exiting the Q at that rate than producing them in the same Q. OTOH, due to delays, the lines have been running and have been fine tuned a few times already, so the real question may come down to labor and raw materials: are they available in sufficient quantities to quickly deploy.

I vote OVER!

SHOCK THE WORLD, BABY! WE NEED THEM BEVs!!!!!!!

$TSLA showing some real strength today....anytime MM's try to take it down, buyers stepping in...wonder why? :)
Call my a skeptic but I suspect this is how big money is gonna lure retails in for the next leg down. Don't get me wrong, TSLA is in a class of its own. However, I'm struggling to see what has changed since last week and the week before. Existing macro issues are still unresolved and Tesla is still the same company. The stock is the bullish indicator for the market and so if big money wants to pump the market, it will pump TSLA. Considering P&D is a positive catalyst, pumping TSLA right now is a very low risk move. Not a lot of shorts are willing to short in front of P&D. Why now? Well 4/12 is when March CPI comes out so big money only has a small window of opportunity to suck in more money and create some sort of a short term high.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, TSLA is in a class of its own. However, I'm struggling to see what has changed since last week and the week before. Existing macro issues are still unresolved and Tesla is still the same company.
Is no one paying attention earnings and growth? What has changed?

tsla-earnings-png.783985

If two more dots follow that progression over the next 4 months, this will be the most undervalued company in the history of flame throwers!

They will.