Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But...some are really improving. Volvo, for example, in several countries has set fix commissions with MFR doing OTA updates, and doing some customer service directly. A number of others are doing similar efforts, with highly variable success. My XC 40 Recharge buying experience was superior to my Model S Plaid experience, the two made within a couple of months apart. Tesla definitely needs improvement.
Apple had similar growing pains with their service. When you are posting 50% growth rates, a huge percentage of your staff are new hires and trainees. Often you can't hiring and facilities growth lags behind sales.

They do need improvement. Just sort of par for the course with the sort of growth we're seeing though.

Fortunately I think the cars mostly speak for themselves and don't need a ton of service.

Chip supply chain isn't getting better for legacy

Automotive News: The latest numbers on the automotive microchip shortage.

With the two new draft picks from Berlin and Austin ready to join the team, Team Tesla is in the midst of a season high 5 game winning streak and starting to claw their way back to 0.500 with only 2 more wins to go. They are 7-3 in the last 10 which is their best 10 game stretch of the season.

Today
Close:921.16
Margin of W/L:15.77
Volume:27,219,733
High - Low:35.76
Season
Record:26-28
Total margin of wins:834.64
Total margin of losses:-954.50
YTD gain/loss:-119.86-11.3%
Price/52 week high74.1%
Best Win:143.00Jan 3
Worst Loss:-108.31Jan 27
Last 10:7-3
Streak:W5
Avg margin of victory:32.10
Avg margin of defeat:-34.09
Avg Volume:24,196,667
Avg Volume of Last 10:24,229,276
Avg High - Low:47.85
Avg H - L of Last 10:44.94

It's all a big concerted effort to jack the market up. TSLA went from very bullish relative to the market prior to the war, to bearish on par after Putin attacked, then super bullish as soon as FOMC ended. This is not a coincidence. Ask yourself: how many times have we told ourselves that big money has finally figured it out, that this trend bucking move is real, or that Wall Street is finally on our side, only to find out it was just an illusion?

In fact, I predicted the turn around 3 weeks ago here.

Is this the predicted turn around you are referring to?

This coming quad witch day is super important. It scenario 1 plays out, I have no doubt SPY can overshoot 443 and signal a new bull run. If scenario 2 plays out, we go much deeper from here as the market will perceive hawkishness as a trigger for an economic recession.

Because it sounds like you predicted we would either go on a bull run or we would go much lower. I'm not sure how you could take much credit for that.

Some light humor for today before Giga Berlin start's delivering tomorrow!! :)

1647901847804.png

”…has a massive opportunity to economically provide backhaul to cell towers in thinly populated rural locations with difficult terrain where terrestrial backhaul is just way too expensive…”
Completely agree. My initial reply and concern was the suggestion that the Total Addressable Market was ALL cell towers. This is an area I have some knowledge of, so I thought I’d help my fellow investors see the outlines of the realistic opportunity. I think Starlink has great opportunity, just not everywhere.

I don’t plan to post anything further on the topic.

Watch out, Mercedes is coming

with their system that only works under 40 mph on highways.

Edmunds sucks.
This is in a nutshell why these stupid Autonomous driving ratings are completely worthless.

You can take a nap in your new Mercedes... so long as it doesn't exceed 40MPH.

I know Bay Area traffic can slow down for long periods of time, but seems like there are always at least short bursts over 40MPH.

This is completely worthless to me in Oregon. Is there anywhere where you are stuck driving under 40MPH for long periods of time without potential to pop up to 60 for a mile or two?

This is in a nutshell why these stupid Autonomous driving ratings are completely worthless.

You can take a nap in your new Mercedes... so long as it doesn't exceed 40MPH.

I know Bay Area traffic can slow down for long periods of time, but seems like there are always at least short bursts over 40MPH.

This is completely worthless to me in Oregon. Is there anywhere where you are stuck driving under 40MPH for long periods of time without potential to pop up to 60 for a mile or two?
People do 100 over the Bay Bridge often when traffic moves at 40. It's the new way people drive, I have seen more cars flip in the last two years than in my entire life. Prob the most dangerous place to drive in the US and it used to be the most relaxing not long ago. We need all cars to be autonomous so it is safe drive. When you are in stopped traffic you risk having your window smashed and things stolen, ATV's riding over your hood or a rear end from someone texting. Tech has brought great improvements to the area:) Bay area should get the first CT orders out of necessity.

SpaceX and The Boring Company may be rolled together with Tesla in Elon's holding company X.com as many of us have suspected. I expect that Tesla remains a separate company, but Elon's ownership stake moves to the new entity (hopefully this solves the "stock options dip" issue for Elon's 2018 CEO comp. plan)

I am a big fan of this idea - Elon merges all his ownership stakes into a new company (X.com) and then floats part of that company (whatever portion he likes as long as he easily maintains control) to allow retail investors to get an ownership stake into SpaceX, Starlink spinoff, Boring company, NLink, whatever other future endeavors he wants to use the tens of billions of cash raised for.

Is this the predicted turn around you are referring to?

Because it sounds like you predicted we would either go on a bull run or we would go much lower. I'm not sure how you could take much credit for that.
Except I also provided the reasoning for my bullish bias a couple posts after that one.
My argument against a 0.5% rate hike is that the Fed DOESN'T KNOW that it'll work. When was the last time we had high inflation due to a global supply chain disruption and now a full-on war? While I think the Fed should use every tool they have to try and get it under control, they should be cautious because they might be playing with fire here. Says the global economy needs time to adjust to the abrupt shortage of Ukrainian and Russian exports, high interest rates might discourage companies from expanding production, for example. That's why I think the Fed should try take the first rate-hike out for a ride and see how the economy responds to it first. Already we are seeing used and new car prices falling with zero Fed intervention. Fueling will now take priority over some discretionary spending, which by itself should reduce prices in those categories. I think a cautious Fed will not be heavy-handed while observing the supply v. demand dynamics at play.

On the other thread, someone posted link to a Twitter feed where the guy translated a top-secret letter to Putin, in which an FSB official stated that China is not happy with the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. I hope this provides a tremendous amount of incentive for Putin to make concessions in negotiating.
I don't want to take any credit for anything. I'm just finding the conversation a bit repetitive:

When the stock goes down on no news, it's manipulation.
When the stock goes up on no news, it's the market waking up to Tesla's execution.

This doesn't help anyone make any money. Since everyone is HODLing, let's just stop talking about the daily stock movement. If we're going to talk about the stock price, let's put in some work instead of saying the same thing over and over.

Last edited:
Except I also provided the reasoning for my bullish bias a couple posts after that one.

I don't want to take any credit for anything. I'm just finding the conversation a bit repetitive:

When the stock goes down on no news, it's manipulation.
When the stock goes up on no news, it's the market waking up to Tesla's execution.

This doesn't help anyone make any money. Since everyone is HODLing, let's just stop talking about the daily stock movement. If we're going to talk about the stock price, let's put in some work instead of saying the same thing over and over.
While you're correct, if we don't talk about daily moves, then all there would be is off-topic conversation--there are only so many ways you can say buy and hold.

iPhone people are a bit of a special kind aren't they? I just switched from Android, $2,000 for 1T bleeding edge camera tech, but the experience was frightful and pissed me off. First, my migration did not work at all from my Note 8 (after waiting for an hour for it to do something while they attempted to get me to go home and do it). Then when I returned to the store, the Manager on duty roller her eyes because I simply asked how to turn the damn thing off. All I saw was an overpriced product and spoiled customers claiming their own class.

However, the phone is freaking awesome! But Apple should seriously take some tips from Tesla on delivery and sales, but that's just my reality.
you changed smartphone ecosystems so pain should be expected

my issue was not quite the same as I was upgrading within the same ecosystem Tesla Model S flagship vehicle from 2017 75 to 2018 100D/FSD ....it should have been seamless it wasn't .. i will leave it at that ....
any way i need to stop my bitching and go improve my safety score... :cool: