Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bullish:

1647985136113.png

I expect that 15K of those employees (75%) will live in Berlin, and commute to work by train (or e-bike).

I think it's funny that the factory grounds are less than 2.5 miles (less than 4 km) from the Berlin state line and yet some people are getting all technical and saying "It's not actually in Berlin.", even though we all know it's not physically within the State of Berlin.

Well, guess what? Stateline, Idaho is not actually on the state line between Washington and Idaho (it's 211 feet away). That was a huge disappointment to me the first time I visited. I briefly considered suing the municipality for misrepresenting their location but we were on vacation and my wife talked me out of it. 🤪

FYI The 2022 MYP I took delivery of is really impressive. I got the car mainly for my GF but I'm legit jealous now. It's just all around more solid and put together. No panel gaps, everything looked great. A bit of wax that I had them buff off and maybe a tiny bit of trim that looks funky on one wheel well. I'd never have noticed if I wasn't trying to look for issues. Heated steering wheel, insulated glass (so much quieter than my 3), heated wipers, power trunk. Not a cheap car but it's a lot of car for the money despite the cost.

The market must have been watching over my shoulder today.

Not quite there yet. I got greedy at $1060 for some reason that escapes me. Maybe tomorrow 😁
in a couple years those $1060 shares will look like a bargain... just listened to SMR TSLA price target YT video
... he is very optimistic but i felt the same way about Cathy Wood 4 years ago ...

FYI The 2022 MYP I took delivery of is really impressive. I got the car mainly for my GF but I'm legit jealous now. It's just all around more solid and put together. No panel gaps, everything looked great. A bit of wax that I had them buff off and maybe a tiny bit of trim that looks funky on one wheel well. I'd never have noticed if I wasn't trying to look for issues. Heated steering wheel, insulated glass (so much quieter than my 3), heated wipers, power trunk. Not a cheap car but it's a lot of car for the money despite the cost.

time to reward yourself with an upgrade ... or ....?

As has been mentioned before, Elon states teslas growth rate is 70-80% a year and may be even faster than that in the future.

My current guesstimates target tesla's previous stated goal of 20M vehicles produced annually by 2030, but we may soon discover our models will need to be revised up.

As a reference point I guessed at tesla's annual production and growth rate using a flat quarterly growth rate each year. I lowered the quarterly growth rate arbitrarily each year to get close to the 20m vehicles produced by 2030:
annualized (in thousands)annualized growth ratequarter to quarter growth rate
202192928%
20221,71184%14%
20232,89069%14%
20244,88169%14%
20257,68257%11%
202610,85641%8%
202713,73527%5%
202815,89616%3%
202917,89113%3%
203020,13713%3%
203122,11110%2%
203223,9348%2%
203325,9078%2%
203428,0438%2%
203530,3548%2%
(2021's quarter to quarter growth rate shown is q3 to q4. However q1 had a growth rate of just over 14%)

Not quite there yet. I got greedy at $1060 for some reason that escapes me. Maybe tomorrow 😁
Not greed. $1060 is a great entry point. I still think the retail investors who bought in at ATH in the $1250 range made sound investments. Timing is rarely perfect, but I think in the next 3 to 5 years everyone who is in at these prices will be very, very happy. (Wait, if you agree maybe that is greed. But that’s okay!)

Soooo…. If you dump the GF, who gets the car??? You may have gotten played.

in a couple years those $1060 shares will look like a bargain... just listened to SMR TSLA price target YT video
... he is very optimistic but i felt the same way about Cathy Wood 4 years ago ...
Yeah, I listened to that too. SMR is careful to discriminate between what the stock is worth, vs the value WS gives it.

TSLA's valuation is back over $1 T!

Of note, while TSLA is still down 20% from its all-time high ("ATH"), META (-46%), Rivian (-74%) and BYD (-88%) are down way more off their ATHs. The average of all those listed below is still -35% off their ATHs.

TSLA ($1.03 T) still worth more than the valuation of all major US, EU, and Japanese auto manufacturers combined ($840 B). All those investors complaining about SP manipulation? Methinks thou dost protest too much. Patience 🙏

One other take-away, since Oct. 2016:
  • EU manufacturers' valuation combined has grown only 20%
  • Japanese manufacturers combined have grown 25%
  • US manufacturer combined have grown 70%
  • Tesla's valuation has grown 2715% since Oct. 2016
1647986559156.png

Last edited: