Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~ past 5 days .. VIX has dropped from ~30 to 22.85 , so by almost 23%
so MM were more worried about the rate increase by .50 then by any other issue it seems ....
The sell off usually happens at the start of the war but then just mellows out as it may take years to resolve. I think investors still feel like there are no other alternatives and the rate hike was a great buy the news moment after selling the rumor for the past 3 months.

Elon's speech to crowd:

Musk reiterates Cybertruck in 2023 and “Hopefully” enough cells for the semi.

Lends a little more credence to Sawyer Merritt’s comments about a dual motor CT being first. Dual motor means fewer cells per truck which means more capacity for Semi and/ or more Cybertrucks out the door.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this person gets to say these things, on a regular and recurring basis, to a worldwide audience and get paid for it.
You have this in reverse. He gets paid on a regular and recurring basis to say ridiculous things to a worldwide audience.

The man is making bank worshiping at the altar of his fossil and legacy gods. And in order to show his bosses how well he is doing with penetration and recognition he probably refers them to TMC.

Explanation for the group:
Loss in US of $130M is after subtracting the US portion of R&D, SG&A, (including the CEO payroll tax of $340 million (without which US would have shown net profit)), and interest expenses.
Total operating expenses just above $7.25 billion, $2.6B of which was R&D. For reference, R&D was $1.4B before Shanghai came on line.
This is also part of why the deferred tax vaulation stays deferred.
Fremont vehicle production is profitable.
Gross profit $13.6 B, foreign pre tax $6.35B, US portion is then around $6 Billion also.
View attachment 784481
Thanks, @mongo. In English, does that mean that Tesla puts all its global R&D under the US umbrella because that's where it can reduce its collective taxes the most?

So, I had to look at the transcript to actually try to figure out what are GJs main points and here they are:

1. Running the Germany paint shop on generators (speculation?)
2. Does not have permits to make cars in Germany (objectively false)
3. Market share is collapsing (objectively false)
4. Global deliveries could be flat to down in the March quarter (objectively false with Jan and Feb numbers)
5. Europe deliveries peaked in Q4 2021 and will be down in Q1 (since we don't have the Q1 2022 numbers, time will tell in about a month)

It is absolutely ridiculous that this person gets to say these things, on a regular and recurring basis, to a worldwide audience and get paid for it.
Surprised he did not use "Factually Incorrect"......

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Should i be worried? :)
1647982851802.png

a good day .. all my long term TSLA lots are Green again HODL on for the next leg up 🚀🚀🚀
my delivery complaints from yesterday are a distant memory ... funny how a run up does that to your psyche
Not quite there yet. I got greedy at $1060 for some reason that escapes me. Maybe tomorrow 😁

Thanks, @mongo. In English, does that mean that Tesla puts all its global R&D under the US umbrella because that's where it can reduce its collective taxes the most?
I think it's more that the US is where the majority of the R&D takes place, that's why I included the pre-China R&D spend for reference. Autopilot, product dev (roadster, semi, megapack, solar roof, 4680) are primarily here. Factory tech and product dev are now expanding in Germany and China labor wise, not sure if material spend (gigacasting dies) is selectable as to source country.