Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we'll see a new ATH later this year. Given the production ramp and margins increase I almost feel it's a given. The new ATH might not last very long if the P/E gets compressed, but my gut (and my predictive model) suggests we'll see a ramp to a new ATH at some point close to 2023.
I'm still looking for the stock price above $1,300 by June with a Stock Split announcement in August and then $1,900 by year end.
Macros be d@mn3d

I'm still looking for the stock price above $1,300 by June with a Stock Split announcement in August and then $1,900 by year end.
Macros be d@mn3d

I think $1300 will be more around Q3 earnings with a P/E between 130-150, so just a tad later than you expect it.

I mean, I'd love to be very wrong of course!!! :D

Macros be d@mn3d
$1900 by year end would be nice...anything above $1600 would be a nice setup for 2023 IMO. $2300 - $2700 in 2023 and i will not know what to do with myself anymore :)

Macros be d@mn3d
I'm all for $1900 by year end, and... after the split. 🤑😎

The only question remaining would be what is the split ratio? 5:1 = $9500 pre-split 🤯... not too shabby, eh? :rolleyes:

/S

Last edited:
Macros be d@mn3d
I'd love another split, but I don't think what happened during the last one would remotely play out on another split. That was a major course correction event, with a huge number of shorts and MM's getting burned. I really don't think the number of people playing those games are anywhere near the same level and the market loves to do the least expected thing. Personally, I would consider lightening up on a run up into another split, if it happens.

I'd love another split, but I don't think what happened during the last one would remotely play out on another split. That was a major course correction event, with a huge number of shorts and MM's getting burned. I really don't think the number of people playing those games are anywhere near the same level and the market loves to do the least expected thing. Personally, I would consider lightening up on a run up into another split, if it happens.

I'm not lightening up until the Tesla Van and $25K car are in full production AND the Robotaxi fleets are deployed and earning recurring revenue. Only then will I begin to consider "lightening up". :cool:

I'm not lightening up until the Tesla Van and $25K car are in full production AND the Robotaxi fleets are deployed and earning recurring revenue. Only then will I begin to consider "lightening up". :cool:
I'm not lightening up until Optimus has brewed me the perfect cup of coffee and served me bacon and eggs in the morning.
Optimus knows I like my eggs over easy.

I think $1300 will be more around Q3 earnings with a P/E between 130-150, so just a tad later than you expect it.

I mean, I'd love to be very wrong of course!!! :D
Isnt it likely that Wallstreet will rate Tesla investment grade (by the skin of its teeth, of course) this year? That would have some permanent positive effect on the SP, I’d think. I’m sure stats on the effect on various stocks will be available somewhere.

Added: Found these sources (on European and Brazilian market) but a quick read did not indicate the effect of improving the credit rating to the level investment grade.

Last edited:

What if that's a 9 pasenger Van, complete w. 'bots? (you know, to do a full day's work at the job site).

Lightening up then? :D

Cheers!

To paraphrase Walter's quote from the Big Lebowski, "Ford and GM are entering a world of pain . . .my friend".
Even before their transition to EVs, the Operating Margins for their Auto segment are poor.

"...it's a League Game". o_O

you-just-brought-a-knife-to-a-gun-fight.jpg

Cheers!

If this is true----that the proposal was approved as presented, it is a sad day. Shorts are being compensated for being harmed! We have come full circle: In the SEC Act of 1938, the uptick rule was enacted by the SEC to deter "manipulative shorts" from harming actual investors. Since then, the Madoff Exemption has been adopted (circa @2001), and the uptick rule was extinguished (2007). Now, shorts (otherwise known as "market participants") are being treated as "investors" and are due compensation for being "harmed". Incredible!!

As I was reading this comment about the conflict in Europe, it struck me that this U.S. decision is not likely to sit well with Elon either:

Elon Musk: "It is surprising to see that in this day and age. I thought we had sort of moved beyond such things for the most part. It is concerning. If you can get away with it, then this will be a message to other countries that perhaps they could get away with it too."​

I doubt that this ruling will be the final act of this play.