Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, all this positive press after the production and delivery report either proves we live in a simulation, or, I just woke up in an alternate universe. o_O

Very possibly both. 🤷‍♂️

What's next? SP volatility over the weekend?
Both.

E0A26AE4-57C7-4A8B-84E7-E2BCFA137671.jpeg

Many major sites in the MSM/Fin have been remarkably positive today about Tesla's Q1 results:
Of course there will always be paid negativity (See'N'Be'Seen), but they are not the majority anymore. A lot of the Media recognize Tesla's awesum potential going forward.

Thanks in part to fanbois like us. ;)

Cheers!
I am an obsessed Fanboy and I read everything Tesla.
this is the first time that I only see positive and or neutral articles there's no major fud at all right now.
The response to q1 is very positive or at the worst neutral

Tesla plans to resume production at Giga Shanghai tomorrow (Monday):

Sounds like a Shanghai production restart may not happen on Monday:

UPDATE 1-Tesla unable to restart Shanghai production on Monday -internal memo

Sounds like a Shanghai production restart may not happen on Monday:

UPDATE 1-Tesla unable to restart Shanghai production on Monday -internal memo

The decision not to restart may be connected with this:

In 2022, the Qingming Festival falls on April 5. The public holiday in China is from April 3 to April 5, 2022.

Perhaps our members who are Chinese or familiar with Chinese holiday tradition can weigh in on this.
Would the Tesla factory have been closed for this Holiday or working with a reduced crew for this Holiday anyway?

Congrats to the longs. Although the numbers don't look so great on the first view, I think they are giving the circumstances. In Switzerland I saw two positive Tesla headlines and none negative so far (nzz.ch and watson.ch were positive). I don't have the overview of our countries media landscape, but this two positive headlines are in line with the positive ones mentioned a couple of posts before. From this limited data set, it looks like the tide is turning, or at least I hope so.

Stairway to Heaven

1648998250732.png

Note: Blue are actual results and Red are forecasts.

There was a time when we waited and waited and waited for GAAP profits just to be eligible for S&P500 inclusion.
Look at this graph!!
Tesla hit $1b for the first time in Q2 2021
Just 2 Qtrs later in Q4 2021 they reached the $2b threshold
One Qtr thereafter (this Qtr) they may actually reach $3b
Then $4b in Q3 2022?
And maybe $5b in Q4 2022?

1648998953840.png

"And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter"

Led Zeppelin

Last edited:
Liquid heated/cooled seats coming soon to a Tesla near you?

"In February of 2019, Tesla filed a patent for a "Vehicle seat with an integrated temperature-control system," and now it seems the company has just updated the patent."
Old Patent (2019): Link
New Patent (Mar 31, 2022): Link

I didn't dig into the details of the differences/update (sorry, I'm lazy) but its interesting it was updated very recently.

Edit: Added comparable link: here

If I had a say, I'd make an American flag and Texas flag with the red, while and blue model Ys at Giga Texas for the party.

Maybe they should program the autopilots of 1500 red, white and blue Teslas to drive across the blazing white background of the Bonneville Salt Flats such that, when filmed from a drone high in the sky, it would resemble an American flag, waving in the wind. Using data from the ultrasonic sensors they could create a formation as tight as necessary to create a convincing flag animation. They could probably get creative and do it with only red and blue cars if they wanted to leverage the brilliant white background of the salt.

At the end, the cars could disperse and re-solidify into a static image of the Texas State flag. Then form into a short animation of a smiley face turning into a sad face with a tear to symbolize how unamerican it is that they cannot be legally sold there.

There are legal ways to do this.

We pay our children $6000 per year for legit work performed for my wife's business. They don't have many responsibilities, but they do have enough to pass the litmus test that our CPA put forth. The $6000 per year is then immediately deposited to their Roth IRA. We pay them monthly, and put the funds in the Roth monthly. Their net taxes at the end of the year are zero, our tax burden is lower, and they have a tax-free growth of the funds for the rest of their lives.

EDIT - the two caveats to this strategy are that 1) you need to have a business, and 2) the work needs to be legitimate enough to pass an IRS audit, should it occur.

That's the problem with any system, like the American tax system. It can be set up with the intention of being as fair as possible to all, but there will always be people who try to subvert the intent of the system to benefit themselves with no real benefit to the overall economic system (other than to those who are subverting it).

To be clear, I have nothing against taking every tax break I'm eligible for but I do have a problem with a family business hiring family members, that wouldn't normally be hired, to game the tax system.

Last edited:
I’m not going to take tomorrow’s trading as anything indicative of market reaction to Tesla Q1. I think the general market “risk-off” trade will be substantial given the horrifying developments in Ukraine. There doesn’t seem to be a good path to de-escalation.
Ukraine actually said this weekend that there's a path for Putin and Zelensky to meet for negotiations with a decent draft of the terms ready to go. BTC is doing well this weekend as well as tolkenized Tesla. Monday may not be as doom and gloom.

Congrats to the longs. Although the numbers don't look so great on the first view, I think they are giving the circumstances. In Switzerland I saw two positive Tesla headlines and none negative so far (nzz.ch and watson.ch were positive). I don't have the overview of our countries media landscape, but this two positive headlines are in line with the positive ones mentioned a couple of posts before. From this limited data set, it looks like the tide is turning, or at least I hope so.
Same in Denmark. Financial media and newspapers are positive about Q1. Still haven’t found a negative article about it.

It will probably be published tomorrow just before market open instead 😅

I suspect it's more about the MM's being well positioned for a runup.

Stairway to Heaven

View attachment 789484
Note: Blue are actual results and Red are forecasts.

There was a time when we waited and waited and waited for GAAP profits just to be eligible for S&P500 inclusion.
Look at this graph!!
Tesla hit $1b for the first time in Q2 2021
Just 2 Qtrs later in Q4 2021 they reached the $2b threshold
One Qtr thereafter (this Qtr) they may actually reach $3b
Then $4b in Q3 2022?
And maybe $5b in Q4 2022?

View attachment 789490

"And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter"

Led Zeppelin
A wise man once said that the first billion is the hardest. 😁

I am an obsessed Fanboy and I read everything Tesla.
this is the first time that I only see positive and or neutral articles there's no major fud at all right now.
The response to q1 is very positive or at the worst neutral
The last time I remember this happening the stock really didn't rise much and then went down significantly. The only reason I remember it is because I started really believing that there were blue skies ahead and that the world finally got TSLA. It was a year or so ago???