Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am but only after the actual hike.

Powell talking afterwards is the wild card and could detonate the market again. Markets have priced in fifty basis point hikes for the next four meetings. Powell introducing a new script will cause volatility to say the least.
I feel that a relief is so overdue that it doesn't matter what he says.

He says 75 basis points and it will matter. He will not say that.

Regardless I am long and have covered CCs that looked grim not too long ago at profit.

Regretting my ideas of low PEs and stock splits as being any sort of catalyst for GOOG. Simply too early for that, scaling and all. That what I get for diworsification.

Picked up some long term TSLA calls in the latest 800s foray. Hopefully will be thanking Elon soon enough.

I think that's the case. For now.

My guess now is that they wait for the Putin campaign to be near it's end and really hammer then. Maybe see if the markets spike and WTI crumbles, then drop a .75 to that take the legs out of the oil speculation(if needed).

Regretting my ideas of low PEs and stock splits as being any sort of catalyst for GOOG. Simply too early for that, scaling and all. That what I get for diworsification.

Picked up some long term TSLA calls in the latest 800s foray. Hopefully will be thanking Elon soon enough.
Have to think you'll be happy with both decisions a year from now.

Premarket looks like a bad sign. Who here are expecting a post fed tech relief rally?
Jobs report came back better than expected. In 2022 America this is a bad sign for the stock market. :confused:

Trading golden goose eggs for Cadbury's creme eggs doesn't work out so well in my experience.

Is anyone here or on Twitter tracking the number of Berlin Model Ys delivered in Europe?

Sales data for April should be available for some countries this week, and we know there were no ships from Shanghai. It could be helpful for estimating current run rate and an early estimate for deliveries in Q2.
I test drove a Berlin model Y two days ago in Helsinki, and the sales advisor told me they have not delivered any Berlin made cars yet.
So I think april deliveries will be low.

Car fit and finish was really good 👍

Is anyone here or on Twitter tracking the number of Berlin Model Ys delivered in Europe?

Sales data for April should be available for some countries this week, and we know there were no ships from Shanghai. It could be helpful for estimating current run rate and an early estimate for deliveries in Q2.
You can find the European tracker here: Europe Tracker

There were 404 Model Ys registered in Germany for April but I believe these are delayed registrations from Q1 Shanghai shipments.
I believe the May registrations will give us some insight.

1651669496323.png

We have been tracking European registrations for a long time (see my footer and @The Accountant 's post above), but the publications usually only specify 3/Y/S/X, not performance etc. (Berlin only produces Y performance and all Y performance delivered in Europe should be coming from Berlin, other Y will be imported for a while). Even if there are few countries that do specify performance, impossible to get the total IMHO. For doing it with polls like @Troy and then extrapolating it is too small numbers still (too large statistical error), that might work later on though. Maybe @Troy can chime in..

I ordered a performance model Y on day 1 (October 2021) for the UK, and was told today its expected 'late 2022'. I think that implies Berlin, but also implies that European demand for performance Ys is likely high, as I suspect the RHD Europe version will be the last thing Berlin bothers with. I ordered FSD too, but I doubt that impacts anything except *maybe* putting me at the front of the rhd berlin perf Y stack...
(I'm sure people are aware that there are no performance model Y's in the UK yet).

In April there an S and X were registered in the Netherlands and today one was sighted at a supercharger - the plot thickens :)

If this was a private import the car could not charge with CCS2 (does not look like it is using an adapter to me, correct me if I am wrong).
Thanks for sharing this. I have a X Plaid on order and was worried they might not adapt it to CCS, which limits the charge rate to 150kWh, which would be ridiculous for a flagship model...

I've no view on when I'll get delivery, or whether the 5-seat configuration will be possible, in the US they appear to have been restricting the Plaids to 6-seat config

AMD all over CNBC right now on the tail of a 71% sales pop. Tech should do nicely you'd think.
We got a bunch of price target downgrades due "to account for a lower valuation multiple, which was taken down to align with the lowered peer group multiple. AMD's valuation multiple is still at a premium to peers and the premium is justified, given the company's outsized growth rate" -keyblanc. Even with our more than perfect ER with a guide raised from 30% to 60%, the price target down grades are real this am.

We got a bunch of price target downgrades due "to account for a lower valuation multiple, which was taken down to align with the lowered peer group multiple. AMD's valuation multiple is still at a premium to peers and the premium is justified, given the company's outsized growth rate" -keyblanc. Even with our more than perfect ER with a guide raised from 30% to 60%, the price target down grades are real this am.
Perhaps I'm just a simple fellow, but I'm looking at AMD with a 34 PE yesterday and 71% sales growth.....

I look around and see select leaders with obviously excessive PE compression. How you gonna lose money a year from now investing in TSLA, AMD, GOOG today?

Perhaps I'm just a simple fellow, but I'm looking at AMD with a 34 PE yesterday and 71% sales growth.....

I look around and see select leaders with obviously excessive PE compression. How you gonna lose money a year from now investing in TSLA, AMD, GOOG today?
AMD analysts are really trying to compress PE by lowering multiples like crazy. So Tesla currently SP from analysts are kind of generous in comparison.

Piper Sandler lowered from $130 to $98

Susquehanna lowered from $160 to $140

Mizuho lowered from $160 to $145

KeyBanc lowered from $165 to $150

Jefferies lowered from $155 to $147

Wedbush reiterated at $165

Benchmark Co. reiterated at $125

BofA Global Research raises from $153 to $160

Craig-Hallum lowered from $160 to $130

Last edited:
Oh it's not one person. Analysts are really trying to compress PE by lowering multiples like crazy.

Piper Sandler lowered from $130 to $98

Susquehanna lowered from $160 to $140

Mizuho lowered from $160 to $145

KeyBanc lowered from $165 to $150

Jefferies lowered from $155 to $147

Wedbush reiterated at $165

Benchmark Co. reiterated at $125

BofA Global Research raises from $153 to $160

Craig-Hallum lowered from $160 to $130
Is this the AMD investment club?

Is this the AMD investment club?
Yes.

Ford is in a dilly of a pickle.

Sales of Ford’s crucial F-Series full-size pickup trucks, including the F-150, continue to struggle due to supply problems. Sales were down 22% last month, pushing sales for the year to be down by nearly 30%. F-Series sales did increase by 15% compared to March, signaling improved production and supplies.

By the time F-150 production gets ramped back up. Cybertruck will be hitting the road and eating all top trim market share.

These guys are so F'ed, good thing the "EV subsidies" are really starting to roll in. How many times we gonna bail these clowns out?