Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you seem to be saying it would be good for Twitter investors to subcontract out a core function of the company. Avoiding any hint of owning your core competencies always appeals to investors

/s

TWTR needs to own their core tech. Subcontracting out technology is a very poor business plan.

TWTR needs to buy another AI platform. This will help avoid lawsuits by shareholders at a minimum.

The only winner coming out of this mess will be Jack. Jack successfully gets EM to do what Jack wants. This is not in the interest of Tesla shareholders, Tesla employees or EM IMO.

Twitter already runs on AWS. It's not like they own their hardware currently, they just contract out for the server resources. Why would DOJO be any different in that regard?

One would assume that as Tesla is building DOJO that they are building an API for it (application programming interface for those not in the biz). This is how you sell out compute time on a resource like this, you give the people you are selling to a defined list of "programming functions" that they can remote push to the DOJO cluster, and then the cluster computes and pushes the result back. APIs are how computer services companies have been working for 30 years.

Last edited:
Huh, found the culprit for the massive selling. 82% of the market is pricing in a 75 basis point jump for the June fed meeting...which means most people think Powell is wrong about inflation and will concede to what he said is not considered.

Screenshot_20220507-111702.jpg

As others have pointed out, Tesla’s latest impact report is worth a read. For example, p. 75 explicitly states something I think we were speculating/joking about a few weeks ago:

BDCDA038-DA16-4219-A3CF-2D2BC5151CA8.jpeg

“In 2021 we generated almost $1.5 billion in revenue selling zero-emission regularity credits to other OEMs. Proceeds from such sales will go toward building new factories to produce EVs that will continue to displace ICE vehicles”.
🤣🤣🤣

Huh, found the culprit for the massive selling. 82% of the market is pricing in a 75 basis point jump for the June fed meeting...which means most people think Powell is wrong about inflation and will concede to what he said is not considered.

View attachment 801520

Cathie Wood believe the Feds are starting to see more recession and less inflation in the future. She certainly does:

A nice weekend watch

I agree we may be in a more mature stage right now: I actually don't know (neither any of us, for that matter. We can have hints and hypothesis but don't have any inside information about that).
I would welcome that, I'd love Tesla to be in such a solid position.
Still, Elon is so much involved (think about earnings calls, which he should have avoided but still don't) that I don't think we are there yet.
I'd be happy to be wrong about this.

I have never seen a publicly traded company where the shareholders hoped that their CEO would get a lot of new daytime hobbies to distract him from leading the company and thus prove the company is "mature". You folks are nuts.

Dojo is for training the AI based on all the twitter data (once the bots are kicked off). Then the updated neural nets can be sent to the Optimus bots via Skynet, I mean SpaceX.

Huge revenue opportunity. Like Elon said, bugger than even EVs.
What would NNs trained on Twitter data do? What's the big application here? How would it make money for Twitter?

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D
I have never seen a publicly traded company where the shareholders hoped that their CEO would get a lot of new daytime hobbies to distract him from leading the company and thus prove the company is "mature". You folks are nuts.

Nucking futs rich . . . thanks to the man you are questioning.

Just saying.

We're nutty? Maybe that's why many of us are wealthy beyond our wildest dreams and you are not.

If you look back over the last 12 years of this thread, you will find one thing that differentiates those who turned $10K into millions and those who turned 10K into $20K-$60K. The people who made the most money were the least skeptical about Elon Musk's claims and abilities. They didn't say "Oh, no, the stock is too high, Elon is overworked, no one man can do so much, I better sell it all." I bought my first Tesla shares less than 4 years ago and while I may not have 200 x'ed my money like many early investors did (or more), I did buy and hold and make millions. In under 4 years. If Musk thinks he can run another company, I'm not going to doubt his judgement.

If we are nuts, it's a good kind of nutty! You should join us instead of emulating all the people who doubled or tripled their money and thought that was good enough. The smartest ones came back, the rest we haven't seen since. Now is a very advantageous time to join the most profitable (nuttiest) side.

1651945220155.png

We're nutty? Maybe that's why many of us are wealthy beyond our wildest dreams and you are not.

If you look back over the last 12 years of this thread, you will find one thing that differentiates those who turned $10K into millions and those who turned 10K into $20K-$60K. The people who made the most money were the least skeptical about Elon Musk's claims and abilities. They didn't say "Oh, no, the stock is too high, Elon is overworked, no one man can do so much, I better sell it all." I bought my first Tesla shares less than 4 years ago and while I may not have 200 x'ed my money like many early investors did (or more), I did buy and hold and make millions. In under 4 years. If Musk thinks he can run another company, I'm not going to doubt his judgement.

If we are nuts, it's a good kind of nutty! You should join us instead of emulating all the people who doubled or tripled their money and thought that was good enough. The smartest ones came back, the rest we haven't seen since. Now is a very advantageous time to join the most profitable (nuttiest) side.

View attachment 801562

Uh skippy, I'm a fan of Elon, I own Tesla stock, and nothing you said addressed my point that a "distracted CEO" is somehow a good thing for a company NOW, today.

But thanks for the narcism.

Nice recap of a good discussion, Gary Black posts a lot of it here, along with a link to the article itself. When reading, remember it's about investments for the future, not everything having to do with BEV's or what adoption will be... if you just read the comments, it's obvious a lot of folks missed the point. My apologies if this has already been posted.
Barron’s Roundtable: The Future of Transportation. It’s Not Just Tesla. 8 Other Stocks to Play the Future of Transportation.

Dojo is for training the AI based on all the twitter data (once the bots are kicked off). Then the updated neural nets can be sent to the Optimus bots via Skynet, I mean SpaceX.

Huge revenue opportunity. Like Elon said, bugger than even EVs.
AI ain't buggering no EV's... however it may think about it for a millisecond or two...

/s

Uh skippy, I'm a fan of Elon, I own Tesla stock, and nothing you said addressed my point that a "distracted CEO" is somehow a good thing for a company NOW, today.

But thanks for the narcism.

OK, I'm going to address this a different way than other have, hoping to make a point that people haven't thought about.

Elon has Asperger's, per his own admission. I'm not on that spectrum, but I do have (probably - it's undiagnosed) adult ADHD. I can tell you that I have jumped around from career to career (molecular scientist, physician, entrepreneur, etc. etc.) because I enjoy 1) learning and 2) a challenge. When the challenge stopped (i.e. things were becoming routine or didn't take nearly as much of my brain power), I started looking for other things to learn and challenge me.

Now, I'm a smart guy, but I'm not where near Elon's intellectual level. If the above happens with me, I would bet my TSLA shares that it happens to Elon in overdrive. Once he's gotten the ship steered in the right direction (Tesla, SpaceX), you can bet he's looking for other things to challenge him. He's already publicly said that the main challenges that occupy his attention right now are FSD (and there is a plan there, it just requires a lot of iterative learning by the AI to complete), and the Raptor 2 engine for SpaceX.

If the guy wants to turn Twitter into a powerhouse, that is fair and balanced for all users, my only question to him would be: how do us non-billionaires invest?