Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Including ex-employees, some of whom stole from Tesla.

Sorry, not sorry. Die Rivian.

Q: Which EV startup do you like most?
Musk: VW... ... some Chinese companies.

Musk is not a fan of Rivian or Lucid.

Nor was Musk or Straubel particularly favorable to the startups when talking about Tesla starting up.

Straubel said he didn't even think the current crop of startups has a real purpose. Then Musk suggested that these companies trying to go from nothing to volume production is akin to go from being a couch potato to trying to compete in the olympics.

There's a huge correlation between spending and asset value. Since the market/btc crash, luxury items like watches (in which people have been saying is better than stocks) have been dumpster diving this past week. The most popular hype watches like AP, Nautilus, and Rolex Daytona have seen 20% draw downs in a day.

You don't even need to raise rates, the market crash will take care of inflation without a problem.

Only 3 years?

Considering most estimates suggest 1m+ Reservations, and Musk’s estimate of 250k production rate you would think he would say “4+ years” here.

~ 100k first year
~ 350k after year 2
~ 600k year 3
~ 850k year 4

Hoping that is a hint that his production estimates are sandbagging a bit. Even if you go with 300k/ year it’s still well into year 4 before you hit a million shipped.

I'm guessing they expect a certain number of cancellations based on experience with other models and reservations, so 1M reservations could mean significantly less than 1M actual deliveries.

Reactions: cjkosh
There's a huge correlation between spending and asset value. Since the market/btc crash, luxury items like watches (in which people have been saying is better than stocks) have been dumpster diving this past week. The most popular hype watches like AP, Nautilus, and Rolex Daytona have seen 20% draw downs in a day.

You don't even need to raise rates, the market crash will take care of inflation without a problem.
Do you think it's a coincidence that every day there is a rally, one of the FED members come out and scare the market again? ;)

Getting outside of TSLA slightly, but the US covid stimulus was a bit over 5 trillion dollars. If the overall market is down by more than that, we should start expecting everyone to chill out. Housing will start to cool as well. The lag makes sense as people take months to decide to buy or sell a home and it's hard to change course. (my theory, have not researched this)

1 Trillion evaporated in just a few days. How much are we down in total?

Last edited:
It was my understanding (although bear in mind I have the IQ of a small mollusc) that ARK has rules that if one stock is more than 10% of the value of one of the funds then it needs to be rebalanced, no? So sure, you can argue that selling TSLA is a dumb move, but that's the nature of the beast...

Anyone buying into the fund knows, or should know, the basket of stocks and the maintenance mechanisms, of you think COIN, Unity and Roblox are crappy stocks then you wouldn't have bought into ARKK in the first place, right?

Not trying to defend Cathy here, but I think the constant barrage of critical posts is getting a bit old
The critical posts will end once ARK sells the last of their shares.......

So not too much longer now ;)

Even more shocking that the market throws all the NASDAQ in the same basket when some grapes are rotten and others are destined to make the finest wine of all time.
There's nothing inherently irrational about that. Intelligent people know that picking stocks is a fool's errand. Best to at most lump them into buckets.

Now obviously picking one stock is a different story.

Wall Street will be forced to pick winners and losers soon enough. When that happens, even a cursory glace at TSLA should make it an obvious choice for a tighter market.

Patience!

Guys, don't forget the plan. The plan is to be so stinking rich by the time the CT comes out, we might as well pick one or two up.
Dual and Tri are still on my list; glad I don't have to decide today. I mean, who would dare sell TSLA now?

1652220419920.png

Dual and Tri are still on my list; glad I don't have to decide today. I mean, who would dare sell TSLA now?

View attachment 802709
Gas prices are rising again I am sure a lot of existing pickup truck owners will be very keen on a cybertruck with that towing and payload capacity. Hopefully Tesla can keep the price of the cyber truck stable.

I feel conflicted... Wtf?? Sell Tesla and buy GM?
What have I been missing? Is it the Cruise part? Some magical Ultimum Hocus pocus battery invention??

View attachment 802438
ARKS entire investment philosophy outside of its Tesla investment is apparently choosing unprofitable shitcos heading for bankruptcy - so buying GM seems completely normal practice to me.

Last edited: