Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated since May 24th close

TSLA 628.16 to 752.29 ... or 19.76%
Nasdaq 11,264.25 to 11,635.61.. or 3.29%

Even if we go from a more recent data point. 6/27 close

TSLA 734.76 to 752.29 or 2.39%
Nasdaq 11,524.55 to 11,635.61 or 0.96%

Also of note... 6/24 Nasdaq practically closed as the same level (11,607). That day Tesla closed at 737.12.

Tesla is performing better than the wider market and has been for a while.

To be fair, pick nearly any number above current and you can find several TA guys telling you why that number is a strong resistance level-- same as for nearly any # below you can find several TA guys telling you why that number is a strong support level.

Then they'll all get into a deathmatch over which of the dozen or more different MAs is "the important one" and tell each other how the other guy drew his lines wrong to reach the wrong conclusions, etc...

And with so many guesses, each of them gets to be right occasionally, despite being wrong more often.

Reading tea leaves is better- at least then you can get a nice cup of tea out of it.
The secret is: do the predictions for support/resistance at market open and be right most of the time ;)
It is what we do in the other tread with charting-tricks :D

Reactions: BornToFly
Updated since May 24th close

TSLA 628.16 to 752.29 ... or 19.76%
Nasdaq 11,264.25 to 11,635.61.. or 3.29%

Even if we go from a more recent data point. 6/27 close

TSLA 734.76 to 752.29 or 2.39%
Nasdaq 11,524.55 to 11,635.61 or 0.96%

Also of note... 6/24 Nasdaq practically closed as the same level (11,607). That day Tesla closed at 737.12.

Tesla is performing better than the wider market and has been for a while.

Yes, The Powers That Be on Wall St. decided (well in advance) that Memorial Day would be the Bottom... like on Thanksgiving Day. All else is Kabuki Theatre.

Cheers to the Longs!

Personally I have to disagree - I have wanted to hear the hive-mind's thoughts on the Tesla Energy side of things for a while. This was a good review. I have also been impatient to see them disrupt the energy market as thoroughly as they have the auto industry. I agree this has not happened yet. My takeaway from a lot of the good facts brought to light here (thank you all who brought up relevant history and current plans) us that, if the 4680 ramp is eventually successful in the cost-cutting and massive-scaling goals they set for it, then Tesla Energy will be set for significant market penetration if not outright disruption - disruption in particular when considering their stealth software Virtual Power Plant efforts.
Tesla has created this whole industry of grid attached storage. They have half a billion dollars of grid storage parked in Nevada right now.

I think there is some pretty significant disruption there already. Not so much in "home" solar, but quite a bit in the energy market.

Relatedly, I am becoming convinced that in 2024 the Model Y will be earth's best selling car of any type. The 4680's available then will be even cheaper and provide better range and use less energy in manufacturer that even those we have in mid 2022.
I would not be surprised if it happened by year end.

That said, I don't think the 4680 is going to be the star of the Model Y show anymore. It seems like 4680s are being shifted more to the Cybertruck and new products while the Model Y is sucking up excess 2170 supply and we're seeing lots of LFP cells coming to the Model 3.

I'm sure we'll see increasing numbers of 4680 Model Ys on the road, but the 2170 Model Ys will continue to grow for some years to come.

Link to the SEC filing for Musk cancelling the Twitter deal

In addition to the 'spam account' question people have discussed, he also cites several other grounds for terminating the agreement including:

"Finally, Twitter also did not comply with its obligations under Section 6.1 of the Merger Agreement to seek and obtain consent before deviating from its obligation to conduct its business in the ordinary course and “preserve substantially intact the material components of its current business organization.” Twitter’s conduct in firing two key, high-ranking employees, its Revenue Product Lead and the General Manager of Consumer, as well as announcing on July 7 that it was laying off a third of its talent acquisition team, implicates the ordinary course provision. Twitter has also instituted a general hiring freeze which extends even to reconsideration of outstanding job offers. Moreover, three executives have resigned from Twitter since the Merger Agreement was signed: the Head of Data Science, the Vice President of Twitter Service, and a Vice President of Product Management for Health, Conversation, and Growth. The Company has not received Parent’s consent for changes in the conduct of its business, including for the specific changes listed above. The Company’s actions therefore constitute a material breach of Section 6.1 of the Merger Agreement."

More to be found in the 13D at the link above.

Last edited:
Reuters has the news on twitter deal termination, too:

tenor (1).gif