Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes because he has forced twitter to give up the information he needs during discovery since the burden of proof is on Elon, and he needs their data to provide his proof "or lack of proof, either way he just want the data".
So the point of the data access is to consummate the purchase but at a lower price?? Or to avoid the breakup penalty?

Premarket volume not suggesting much confidence IMO.

Yep. 4D Chess! Either Twitter hoists themselves by their own petard in court or Elon is offered a deep discount. He wins either way. I don't think Twitter wants any part of a court battle.
Perhaps the 5D chess win would be the real WIN in that the SEC Twitter ruling in some way opens a court challenge to the “funding secured“ SEC case. IANL

Nasdaq isn’t even down 1% in the pre market.

That rally disappeared faster then the steak dinner I had last night
*sigh*. Give me a minute.

5125CA50-F157-492F-A883-02741417F000.jpeg

Multiple sources have said that the agreement has a "Performance" clause that could be used to force Elon to complete the sale. I've said before, with lots of disagreement from this forum, this is going to turn into a huge $hi% show with litigation that could take years to settle. I'd guess that Twitter and Elon will come to some agreement where Elon will pay a "kill" fee that will be greater than the 1 billion that exists in the contract. From what I understand, the kill fee from the contact was based on his ability to find financing, which he did so it no longer applies. IF Elon really had a problem with "bot" accounts, he should have investigated this before extending any offer. He failed to do his due diligence and IMHO underestimated the issues with regards to content moderation. In addition, his bid was simply too high and I have a feeling that after talking to multiple sources he realized this as well ...

It was simply a very bad idea for him to get mixed up in this and it's going to cost him plenty to get out of it ...

By biggest fear with all of this is if he is forced to "perform" and twitter's share price is in the toilet. At that point, it's going to be very difficult for Elon to secure other investors and one of the only options left will be to sell TSLA to help fund this purchase. I have a feeling that Twitter will trade in the mid 20's tomorrow when the market opens ... would you pay more than 100% premium on a company that has had a long history of failing to be profitable? I sure as hell would not ....

I sure hope I'm very wrong ... (I'm sure the forum will say I am .... )

But ... your initial question was correct ... this is not about price negotiation. Twitter has a signed contract that addresses this very scenario .... and they intend to enforce it.
On the contract they had 6 dots 1. Not fire anyone (Exec) of the company (Twitter no respected this) 2. They open all databases (They not respected this) 3. not respected don't remember the point.

It's difficult to understand but it's a reference to the multiple ways in which Twitter acted in bad faith (or perhaps they didn't know what the contract they signed required of them). The contract required them to not fire executives or take other actions that could materially change the company while the purchase/sale agreement was progressing. It also required them to disclose everything they knew that would help determine the actual value of the business.

The number of people who think this is a slam dunk for Twitter are brainwashed by the mainstream media. It's a direct result of them not understanding that the media is the defacto representation of all the business interests Elon Musk is threatening with his new, more efficient, common-sense ways to do business more efficiently, whether it be EV's displacing billions in oil revenue and ICE vehicle sales, trucking, or energy storage. Businesses that spend consumers money to advertise their wares to us have bought the media. They own the media.

It's incomprehensible that some participants here still don't understand that. I'm not speaking to @KMCC at all, but to those who have bought into the media FUD that Elon is going to be forced into buying Twitter at full price. Yes, anything could happen in a court of law, but no, that's not the most likely result.

Seems impressive. i wish they had presented more standard specs.

If the 255 Wh / kg is a pack level energy density, that seems roughly in line with the 2025 target for 4680’s to have a 54% “range increase” compared to 2170’s.

Would love any more advanced technological take on this @mongo ?