Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick rant, I'm so upset with GM's effort to electrify America, and the countless mentions from POTUS that Mary is leading the way, and GM is creating good union jobs. He spends so much time praising her and for what, for her to go build a factory for US cars in Mexico because good union jobs are too expensive all the sudden?

End rant.
It's ironic for sure. They get all this chest thumping and union broski loving, with union specific incentives in build back only to turn around and produce those EV's in Mexico. Lmao, you can't make this *sugar* up.

In fairness, she didn't go build a factory at all here.

That specific Mexican factory has been in use by GM since 1981 and makes, among other things, the current ICE version of the blazer.

None of this should be read as suggesting GM isn't deserving of heavy derision and criticism in a myriad of other ways on their EV efforts- but we should try and be at least as accurate in that as we wish the folks critical of Tesla were.
Except they did pump a ton of money into that Mexican plant in order to produce EVs, so he's not far off.

Recommended guidelines for posting tonight:
  1. If in doubt, don't post or put it in off topic galore
  2. Add value - don't post SP or quotes from the presentation
  3. Group your points together into bigger posts
  4. Don't post until you have caught up and confirmed it hasn't already been posted
  5. After posting, check to see if you were ninjaed (someone else posted the same thing before you) and delete your post if so
Tesla Investor Relations page where presentation will be published

From whom? And what do you think is the reason?

Haha, I know it is just bad luck but I got a chuckle, the video just dropped.

No modules shown. They just took the lid off. LOL.

Me thinks Tesla (Elon?) asked them not to show and cut the actual batteries. So far, they have been milking it showing the pink goo only

Why - because it is going to be very, very big surprise to see what is this made of and how it performs.

Me thinks Tesla (Elon?) asked them not to show and cut the actual batteries. So far, they have been milking it showing the pink goo only

Why - because it is going to be very, very big surprise to see what is this made of and how it performs.

Eh, I think they are simply trying to figure out the best way to remove the pink goo and get a good look underneath it all. No one else has done this before, so it will take time.

Munro's business is to dissect new cars and sell the information. And it is perfectly legal. So no, he won't stop doing it.

Eh, I think they are simply trying to figure out the best way to remove the pink goo and get a good look underneath it all. No one else has done this before, so it will take time.
They did mention that they talked to someone else that has already done this, and they told them what chemicals to use to dissolve the pink "foam". So now they have to get those chemicals and research proper handling, use, disposal, etc. of those chemicals.

Yup……

I sure hope everyone is ready for an extremely annoying day tomorrow if Tesla beats on earnings. 10% up in the morning, likely ending the day up a meager 1-2%. Macros are primed for a down day tomorrow.

Fun fact….let’s say Tesla naturally does GAAP EPS of $2 and then recognized FSD deferred revenue to add another 500 million to take it to $2.5 GAAP. It’s would take TSLA’s TTM PE down to around 73. Amazon’s current TTM PE is 57.

Now let’s compare Amazon’s growth over the next year to Tesla’s……….
You’ve captured where the market is. They are NOT looking forward ATM. TSLA TTM PE is 73. Too high for WS ATM. This will change and likely soon, but it feels like forward looking PE doesn't matter today, probably because MM / WS is making too much money like this.

Munro's business is to dissect new cars and sell the information. And it is perfectly legal. So no, he won't stop doing it.

by definition, yes.

I don't remember anyone else interviewing Elon in Boca Chica. Only Munro did it and it was about Tesla and cars.
The ONLY other dude that has done it is Tim Dodd from Everyday Astronaut.

Now, Elon did not have to see Munro then yet he did it. Now, if they desire, they can ask Munro to postpone the 4680 show. That's all.

Maybe. Could it be that they have other things to do as well? And there might be a monetary incentive to create another video to rake in more views, thus more advertisement impressions.

Sorry if already posted....

Screenshot_20220720-144851_LinkedIn.jpg

That's a lotta cells.

Yup……

I sure hope everyone is ready for an extremely annoying day tomorrow if Tesla beats on earnings. 10% up in the morning, likely ending the day up a meager 1-2%. Macros are primed for a down day tomorrow.

Fun fact….let’s say Tesla naturally does GAAP EPS of $2 and then recognized FSD deferred revenue to add another 500 million to take it to $2.5 GAAP. It’s would take TSLA’s TTM PE down to around 73. Amazon’s current TTM PE is 57.

Now let’s compare Amazon’s growth over the next year to Tesla’s……….

Amazon’s PE is likely to grow after this next earnings report too.