Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your attitude about wanting higher coverage is good but you can get higher coverage in the Tesla Insurance. Just because one dude made a youtube video with default coverage doesn't address what you could edit it to if you hit the edit button.

It's misleading to say Tesla Insurance doesn't offer coverage options.
I'm well aware of the ability to raise coverage and features on Tesla insurance, it is the service and legal and other resources and policies on decisions in big cases that are important to me. There are few very good carriers in the US, until I see a history I will stick with a top rated carrier with a long track record. This is far more important when push comes to shove, I have seen this first hand. The type of resources and money spent in ones defense vary significantly from company to company, good insurance is subjective and of value when you really need it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electroman
You can brag from time to time. As a longtime Tesla/T-Mobile customer I simply detest waiting for my Tesla to have connectivity when I do my long-planned Pan-American Highway trip. Maybe fantasy for me, but entirely doable with good communications all the way. Smart trippers already plan for every welding shop adapter in remote parts.

This, seemingly a small deal, sets the stage for Tesla global vehicle connectivity on global terms. When considering the rapidly expanding footprint this is Real Money. JUST through cost savings alone this could mean >$100 million per annum additional revenue, solely with fleet Premium Connectivity improvements.
The source calculations I made are now being tested by a telecommunications maven (my nephew- >20 years doing network work with firms controlled by the then, world's wealthiest man.)

We have long speculated on the potential harmony between Starlink and Tesla. Adding commercial telecoms to the mix suddenly becomes transformational.

This adds measurably to TSLA value.

(my opinions, without supporting evidence nor proofs. Thus, don't believe me unless you do your own evaluation. When you do, you'll add to your assessment ofTSLA value.)

We actually got some data today which once again, points to inflation on the downtrend.
It was the final PCE that was already known from the report a couple weeks ago, today is just finalized. That already moved the market a couple weeks ago. A further revision down is very good though.

The Fed hawkish stance is dominating things today... the market is pricing chances of a higher 75bps increase with increased odds. Though I don't feel the market is really reading things correctly. There were already some breaks in the tightening message and we saw in the minutes some were already concerned about the last 75bps increase.

You can brag from time to time. As a longtime Tesla/T-Mobile customer I simply detest waiting for my Tesla to have connectivity when I do my long-planned Pan-American Highway trip. Maybe fantasy for me, but entirely doable with good communications all the way. Smart trippers already plan for every welding shop adapter in remote parts.
I hit completely dead spots in rural Missouri and Kansas all the time. Can't wait. I'm sure Adam Jonas is punching the air in joy right now. He was right, Teslas will get Starlink access (sorta).

I hit completely dead spots in rural Missouri and Kansas all the time. Can't wait. I'm sure Adam Jonas is punching the air in joy right now. He was right, Teslas will get Starlink access (sorta).

Speaking of the guy, he was putting out TSLA notes like daily blog posts maybe a month or two ago. What happened?

when I do my long-planned Pan-American Highway trip.

Only a gringo would think they could drive across the Darien Gap. Definitely no Lusophone would think that ;)

My crazy Vietnam / Cleveland PD father did trek across it. Of course he also jumped out of a hotel window to chase after a "girlfriend" who ran way with the TV remote.

I'll wait for Boring Company to complete a tunnel first.

Today's "Glass is Half Full" thought.

Tesla is outperforming their beta significantly.

dont-do-me-like-this-kevin-hart.gif

It was the final PCE that was already known from the report a couple weeks ago, today is just finalized. That already moved the market a couple weeks ago. A further revision down is very good though.

The Fed hawkish stance is dominating things today... the market is pricing chances of a higher 75bps increase with increased odds. Though I don't feel the market is really reading things correctly. There were already some breaks in the tightening message and we saw in the minutes some were already concerned about the last 75bps increase.
The PCE was only published today. Was not available a couple of weeks ago. You might be thinking of CPI.

Is Tesla the only company actually making a real profit on their EVs? BYD isn't, Ford clearly isn't, GM (lol), Lucid, Rivian, Nio...no. VW (perhaps just the Porsche division).

This is WITH subsidies. So Tesla is either the only company making a profit (or dang near), AND are making industry leading profits. I know the other companies try to hide this, but more people should talk about it.
Hyundai?

• Funny
Reactions: thesmokingman
Is Tesla the only company actually making a real profit on their EVs? BYD isn't, Ford clearly isn't, GM (lol), Lucid, Rivian, Nio...no. VW (perhaps just the Porsche division).

This is WITH subsidies. So Tesla is either the only company making a profit (or dang near), AND are making industry leading profits. I know the other companies try to hide this, but more people should talk about it.

It isn't being talked about because no one can believe it. It wasn't that long ago when the majority of the press said that Tesla couldn't manufacture cars at scale.

The thing that most industry observers don't realize is that Tesla had to work insanely hard at cost reduction to even come close to cost parity with ICE. They've been working on EV specific cost reduction since 2006. Now here comes Ford and GM just starting their EV cost reduction program in 2019 or whatever. It is a huge deficit. Their engineers had to initially focus on just building an EV. EV specific cost reduction programs are just starting for those companies.

It's like how the entire friggin retail industry ignored Amazon because Amazon wasn't making any money. You think Amazon was just sitting around content to never have a path to profitability? They were working on distribution cost reduction since they opened their doors in 1996. Eventually, their hundreds of innovations (a series of S curve implementations, where have I heard that before?) came together and now no one can touch them.

Another similarity between Amazon and Tesla. Early on Amazon bought Kiva, a warehouse robotics company, which gave them an edge over everyone. Likewise Tesla bought Grohman, and most recently Maxwell and have used both to gain an edge over everyone.

Unlike us, very few in the press knows any of this...

Last edited:

Haven't you heard? The competition (and their profits) are coming!

Hyundai's $900 million recall is a cautionary tale for all EV makers | business-standard.com

Oh that's only one of the most expensive recalls ever known to humankind. And it's still unfixed as their EV's keep catching fire post recall. :D

Last edited:

I agree. I think the Fed continues as planned:

50bps in Sep
25bps to 50bps in Nov
25bps in Dec
then stop

The main priority for the Fed was to appear Hawkish today while not changing their plan. . . .and they did the job.