Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1662063220470.png

Pelosi must have bought calls on the low today.... :)

Hmm same buying at the close as yesterday.
'splain please?

MM's covering their shorting for the day. Maybe hedge funds covering ahead of what they think will be a strongly green Friday heading into a long holiday weekend?

The interest in TSLA didn't really change from the spike to $275 at the open, it was just massaged down on low volume by this guy.

1662063720151.jpeg

Then he covers any short position in the afternoon. Today he probably lost a few dollars, most days we wins a lot of dollars. He also likely screwed with a lot of options traders by holding the SP down all day.

He pays about 2-11% in federal taxes annually and is the 50th or so richest person in the US. For the above reasons.

Now he's moving his entire operation to Florida so he can be taxed even less.

Making money in stocks is simply too easy vs. real estate speculation (or, heaven forbid, being landlords), so we sell any property we no longer want to use and invest the money in the market. It's always worked for us, but I encourage everyone to do it their own way.
Can certainly agree! I speak as the worst of landlords and my spouse is nodding in agreement🙂

Great explanation of your investment approach!

Reactions: StealthP3D
Hmm same buying at the close as yesterday.
'splain please?

No, volume at the Closing Cross yesterday was > 8M shares:

TSLA.2022-08-31.16-00.png

Today's Closing Cross volume was < 1.2M shares:

TSLA.2022-09-01.16-00.png

Yet total volume for these 2 days was within 1.2M shares of eachother, with today having the higher volume.

TL;dr major manipulation by shortzes during the day yesterday, likely most of which was covered at the Closing Cross.

MM's covering their shorting for the day. Maybe hedge funds covering ahead of what they think will be a strongly green Friday heading into a long holiday weekend?

The interest in TSLA didn't really change from the spike to $275 at the open, it was just massaged down on low volume by this guy.

View attachment 847953

Then he covers any short position in the afternoon. Today he probably lost a few dollars, most days we wins a lot of dollars. He also likely screwed with a lot of options traders by holding the SP down all day.

He pays about 2-11% in federal taxes annually and is the 50th or so richest person in the US. For the above reasons.

Now he's moving his entire operation to Florida so he can be taxed even less.
All right I will admit, I don’t recognize who this is and the picture isn’t copyable - at least I couldn’t copy it to do an image search. If it breaks forum rules just PM me, otherwise the itch is going to drive me crazy.

At least I bought the dip earlier today - the split left me with an odd number that I wanted to roundup. Satisfied a different itch.

Reactions: navguy12
Can you guys tell me if this maps/chart is accurate? Some fossil head sent this to me with a comment, "You can clearly see a pattern of coastal elite vs Americana".

I don't think this chart is accurate. This is not ownership density (Teslas/per 1000 citizens), but total Model 3s in a state. I remember seeing another table that had FL & Texas as No. 2 & 3 close to each other.

View attachment 847943
relevant XKCD
1662065102892.png

Heatmap