Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I wouldn’t give her the distinction of having ‘written’ a positive article. This appears to be practically a word for word transcript of an all hands on deck meeting. Normally, we’d get a couple of broad nuggets. This is something else entirely and perhaps Tesla contacted the media and asked to have this lidded a bit or - and this is the way I’m leaning - the WallStreet puppet masters aren’t positioned correctly for all this ‘good’ news to hit the stands yet.
I simply don't like that this a not highly negative article is from one of the worst FUDster out there. She is the worst. She would stoop to blatant lying and would focus on irrelevant stuff as long as it is negative. Almost on par with another scumbag, Russ Mitchell.

So this article is a major disturbance in my view of the media world.

Last edited:
They kept getting cash infusions from Renault to keep afloat with Renault eventually taking on majority ownership. Renault eventually received too much pressure and sold its stake to chrysler
All the AMC discussion ignores the basic fact. Almost every AMC brand failed before AMC. The 1970 acquisition of Jeep from Kaiser (itself abortive founder of Kaiser, Frazer and Henry J) ended out being the stellar survivor. Nash did spawn Rambler with it's 1960's brief popularity (perhaps most of all for teenagers, fans of the completely reclining seats). None actually had any technological, manufacturing nor distribution advantages.

Tesla has, luckily for us, nothing at all in common with any of those!

I simply don't like that this pretty positive article is from one of the worst FUDster out there. She is the worst. She would stoop to blatant lying and would focus on irrelevant stuff as long as it is negative. Almost on par with another scumbag, Russ Mitchell.

I think the point is these folks generally just print what they're told. Even the formerly legitimate journalist Bethany McLain is now stuck in this dynamic, because that's where the money is.

"Business journalists" get their content from hedge funds, polish it up a bit, and print. Folks like Russ/GoJo/etc seem to develop their own content and are a more like shady PR firms.

Blaming Lora for her content is like blaming a printer.

The latch confused me, the European CCS that the new Tesla superchargers in Europe use don´t have them. Found out there is an American (CCS/Combo 1) and a European version (CCS/Combo 2) which are different: Combined Charging System - Wikipedia
That confused me too. I kept wondering why the US CCS failed so often and those that I have used elsewhere did not. I forgot about the infernal latch!
Thanks!

I simply don't like that this pretty positive article is from one of the worst FUDster out there. She is the worst. She would stoop to blatant lying and would focus on irrelevant stuff as long as it is negative. Almost on par with another scumbag, Russ Mitchell.

Perhaps this is evidence demonstrating the power of The Force, as it clearly is not the FUD they were looking for. :cool:

It is dumb indeed, but the idea was/is to replace it with new wind energy (mainly off-shore), solar, import wind energy/solar from The Netherland, wind energy from Denmark, nuclear energy from France and only use as little as possible gas, until gas generation is not needed anymore.
Belgium has historically relied on LNG (the port of Zeebrugge mainly imports LNG and Tesla’s) and has practically no dependency on Russian gas, so if there are gas shortages here it will be mainly fallout from the decision of other EU countries to rely on Russian gas.

It is dumb indeed, but the idea was/is to replace it with new wind energy (mainly off-shore), solar, import wind energy/solar from The Netherland, wind energy from Denmark, nuclear energy from France and only use as little as possible gas, until gas generation is not needed anymore.
Belgium has historically relied on LNG (the port of Zeebrugge mainly imports LNG and Tesla’s) and has practically no dependency on Russian gas, so if there are gas shortages here it will be mainly fallout from the decision of other EU countries to rely on Russian gas.
Thank you for the needed full story. As the host for the EU Headquarters, I might think it apposite were Belgium also to act pan-continentally, and assist albeit peripherally its EU partners in deferring consumption of the wind, LNG etc. to those countries otherwise hogtied athwart the Russian gas pipelines.

Indeed. The acronym stands for "Lithium Iron Phosphate". (the periodic table abbreviation for iron bing "Fe"[1])

What's a tad confusing for some, however, is that the abbreviations aren't always consistent... for instance another pack chemistry Tesla uses is NCA (Nickel Cobalt Aluminum), which is also Lithium Ion based cell, but it doesn't include "L" in the abbreviation.

(of course in the post you refer to, the chemistry referred to contained an "L", which should have given pause to making the statement that it wasn't a Lithium-based cell...)

[1] Coincidentally my cat's name is "Ferrous"
The term LFP is relatively new... i only heard it since 2 years or so in american reporting. Before it was always LiFePo (and also printed that way onto the batteries).
NCA, NMC, etc. are not Batteries, but Cathodes. "NMC Li-Ion" is what is printed on them, implying (in this example) a Graphite Anode, Li-Ion in solvent and (in descending proportions) Nickel, Manganese & Cobalt in the Cathode.
Before that we had NiMH (Nickel Metal-Hydrate - the old 1-time-charge batteries that you used for your gameboy ;) )

But well.. LFP, NCA etc. are "just" the chemistry. You can find all that in different form factors and tabbed/multi-tabbed/tabless..

And research is underway since years for getting Na instead of Li into the solution (for stationary storage), getting Si instead of C into the anode (better energy-density, but Si expands a LOT during charge/discharge)..
Until now most of the innovation were at the Cathode (FP, NCA, NMC, ...) that made it to production. :)

The term LFP is relatively new... i only heard it since 2 years or so in american reporting. Before it was always LiFePo (and also printed that way onto the batteries).
NCA, NMC, etc. are not Batteries, but Cathodes. "NMC Li-Ion" is what is printed on them, implying (in this example) a Graphite Anode, Li-Ion in solvent and (in descending proportions) Nickel, Manganese & Cobalt in the Cathode.
Before that we had NiMH (Nickel Metal-Hydrate - the old 1-time-charge batteries that you used for your gameboy ;) )

But well.. LFP, NCA etc. are "just" the chemistry. You can find all that in different form factors and tabbed/multi-tabbed/tabless..

And research is underway since years for getting Na instead of Li into the solution (for stationary storage), getting Si instead of C into the anode (better energy-density, but Si expands a LOT during charge/discharge)..
Until now most of the innovation were at the Cathode (FP, NCA, NMC, ...) that made it to production. :)
Right... my point was that the abbreviations aren't consistent in representing the cell chemistry/type (i.e.- some cases Lithium is a capital in the abbreviation, in other cases it's called out separately, as you mention above), hence some people may be confused.

ON PV PANEL PLACEMENT

I just had a 5am brain zap. It’s not necessary to recapitulate or verify Mr Musk’s 10,000 sq mi claim (he said “100 x 100 miles” which is a number that only Alaska (not even Texas) could swallow, as a contiguous piece, and of course our insolation doesn’t pencil out).

BUT - I just realized I can “provide” a contiguous 500 sq. mi. tract (350-525, to put bounds) - within the very finest insolation of the nation - and NOT affect even one desert tortoise, cactus or other such stumbling blocks.

And by contiguous, I also mean appropriately shaped. No spaghetti here, like covering roadways or canals, which present inefficient wiring problems, among many others.

But there is more. I think the overwhelming - 95% is not a stretch - majority of environmentalists, whether soi-disant or professionally hard-tempered, AND of farmers, ranchers and their ilk, would be highly supportive of such a pogram.

Lastly, acquiring rights to the tract could not be easier - period.

Even such a vast plan represents a small fraction of the 10,000 sqmi. total - just five percent. But no one should desire ALL production in a single location.

So…I’ve provided all the necessary clues. Where is it?

More at 11.
If it’s huge, contiguous, very sunny, and displaces neither people nor wildlife then it’s got to be farms and ranches. Agrivoltaics?

ON PV PANEL PLACEMENT

I just had a 5am brain zap. It’s not necessary to recapitulate or verify Mr Musk’s 10,000 sq mi claim (he said “100 x 100 miles” which is a number that only Alaska (not even Texas) could swallow, as a contiguous piece, and of course our insolation doesn’t pencil out).

BUT - I just realized I can “provide” a contiguous 500 sq. mi. tract (350-525, to put bounds) - within the very finest insolation of the nation - and NOT affect even one desert tortoise, cactus or other such stumbling blocks.

And by contiguous, I also mean appropriately shaped. No spaghetti here, like covering roadways or canals, which present inefficient wiring problems, among many others.

But there is more. I think the overwhelming - 95% is not a stretch - majority of environmentalists, whether soi-disant or professionally hard-tempered, AND of farmers, ranchers and their ilk, would be highly supportive of such a pogram.

Lastly, acquiring rights to the tract could not be easier - period.

Even such a vast plan represents a small fraction of the 10,000 sqmi. total - just five percent. But no one should desire ALL production in a single location.

So…I’ve provided all the necessary clues. Where is it?

More at 11.
Don’t you dare post that solar roads video.