Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you know the Palladium vehicles (which we don't have yet in the UK) are going to be obsolete in 2024 due to competition? So there's absolutely no point in Tesla even launching them in the UK. Anybody have an X on order for the U.K.?

:rolleyes: /s

*Sorry, I just love reading some of the opinons over in the other sections of TMC. Yes, there are other sections of TMC. o_O

Last edited:
I understand and appreciate your last post @Usain , although I honestly struggle with the concept of DC loyalty to anything but big business regardless of party lines out of too many years of lived experience at this point. But since we are agreeing on about 95% of everything else, could I offer the following edit to your previous post (above)?
Your edit works too!!

Belgium is a major transport hub for LNG and piped gas for the rest of Europe. Our gas export to Germany has skyrocketed since the start of the war. E.g. in june last year we transported 0.2TWh gas imported via the LNG terminal in Zeebrugge to Germany. This year it was 24TWh: België pompt massaal gas naar Duitsland
This over 100x increase in a couple of months gave Belgium 20% market share in Germany. For context: Russia was at 55% market share in Germany before the war. So Belgium was a big factor in Germany’s ability to replenish their gas reserves since the war started.
My word, Nico, you really are a suppository of knowledge!

Have not seen this mentioned. This link I posted makes some good points.

This project has been in the works for some time now.
I had told my wife that they should cover the canals with PVs years ago and I'm happy to see it actually take form. Too huge benefits
a) water evaporation limited and boy, we need to preserve water
b)Power about 10 million homes with this project.

re @MSMike‘s post: I do not dislike the concept of covering canals but, as demonstrated elsewhere and as I wrote earlier this morning, their topology makes for an inefficient solar farm. Wiring for any source (as well as for batteries as repository) needs to performed in a combination of series and parallel, and the linear shape of a canal plays harry with that necessity.

Have not seen this mentioned. This link I posted makes some good points.

This project has been in the works for some time now.
I had told my wife that they should cover the canals with PVs years ago and I'm happy to see it actually take form. Too huge benefits
a) water evaporation limited and boy, we need to preserve water
b)Power about 10 million homes with this project.

That's one of those things where it just boggles the mind that it wasn't done 10 years ago. The solution and benefits are so simply and easy to recognize that it's unbelievable it has taken this long

This sounds too good to be true! "Tesla Reaches Production Capacity of 42 Megapacks [plus an 85% increase in Q3] & 6,500+ Powerwalls per Week"

OMG just rip the bandaid off.
You should probably go take a peek at options expiring this week. Very unlikely TSLA closes above 300 today. Would need a lot more volume to cover the spoofing that being had from MM's.

The macros seem to really be supporting the stock today but I would expect there to be somewhat of a pull back across the board in the macro's in the last hour of trading today.

Fair guess. NOPE! Doesn’t meet “easy to obtain” criterion, and a single 500 sq. mi. lettuce farm…..nope.
OK, I'll bit.... No disrespect to natives if I'm missing some hot button, but how about Az Tribal land? Could be a win/win. Give them a % revenue, train solar skills, engage the communities. Maybe even trade their power center for some water and infrastructure. I've seen that they can grow corn in the desert without any water other than natural rainfall. It's not much, but they know a little something about the desert and living off the land in general without destroying it.

This sounds too good to be true! "Tesla Reaches Production Capacity of 42 Megapacks [plus an 85% increase in Q3] & 6,500+ Powerwalls per Week"

The updates on the Megapack and Powerwall were by far the best bits of information. The Megapack volume increase is oustanding and they're still heavily hiring so I expect that ramp to be continues for the next few quarters. I believe the Megapack max planned capacity at least for Lathrop would bring in roughly 20-25 billion in revenue annually.

Also an important thing to call out in that info dump/leak was that they specifically called out how they're hitting higher production levels all around with slightly fewer employees (from the layoffs) and that they want even more production per employee going forward.......You can practically smell the operating margin increase from here 😁

Come on baby,

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    175 KB · Views: 53
You should probably go take a peek at options expiring this week. Very unlikely TSLA closes above 300 today. Would need a lot more volume to cover the spoofing that being had from MM's.

The macros seem to really be supporting the stock today but I would expect there to be somewhat of a pull back across the board in the macro's in the last hour of trading today.

*dejectedly puts away recycled Sparta meme*

re @MSMike‘s post: I do not dislike the concept of covering canals but, as demonstrated elsewhere and as I wrote earlier this morning, their topology makes for an inefficient solar farm. Wiring for any source (as well as for batteries as repository) needs to performed in a combination of series and parallel, and the linear shape of a canal plays harry with that necessity.

Border Wall, 2 Birds in one MAGA stone ;)

R wants wall, D wants Solar :) Yeah and Mexico gonna pay for it /s ;)
+1 ... patrolled by Optimus
… credits to Mary ;)

Last edited: