Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to see macros comply today and ride that wave, hopefully that continues next week with good CPI data Tuesday, possibly getting the Fed hint at *just* doing 0.50.

Meanwhile, watched Dirty Tesla's latest 10.69.1.1 and am waiting impatiently for 10.69 (road trip Sunday morning)
Kim's drive is even more impressive. That heavy traffic unprotected left was perfection and honestly didn't think it'll do it.

So much for the markets crashing, maybe next week, eh?

1662757277967.png

Last edited:
$4,495.2 pre-pre-split .. not all bad
Pre-pre split, I started a tradition of buying a t-shirt from the Tesla shop at every $1000 increment. All was well with the first 5-1 split. Easy math. Now I somehow have to keep track of every $66.66(repeating). I thought my annoyance over this small thing might be a bit overblown, but my mathematician friend assured me that it was not irrational.
(I'm here all weekend, folks)

That would be impractical since IDRA and their parent LK Machinery are one of the world's largest die casting machine manufacturers. They, together with Bühler are the ones most established in the very large high pressure die casting machines. Others, such as Toshiba, are allegedly working on very large machines too...

Nominated for "Moderators' Choice: Posts of Particular Merit". Thank-you.

BMW confirmed the rumour that they will be using 4680, or “BMW round cells with 46mm diameter”, starting in 2025.

“The new BMW round cells come with a standard diameter of 46 millimetres and two different heights. Compared to the prismatic cells of the fifth BMW battery cell generation, the nickel content in the sixth-generation BMW round cells is higher on the cathode side, while the cobalt content is reduced. On the anode side, the silicon content will be increased. As a result, the cell’s volumetric energy density will improve by more than 20 percent.”

Source BMW

Last edited:
BMW confirmed the rumour that they will be using 4680, or “round cells with 46mm diameter”.

“The new BMW round cells come with a standard diameter of 46 millimetres and two different heights. Compared to the prismatic cells of the fifth BMW battery cell generation, the nickel content in the sixth-generation BMW round cells is higher on the cathode side, while the cobalt content is reduced. On the anode side, the silicon content will be increased. As a result, the cell’s volumetric energy density will improve by more than 20 percent.”

Source BMW
Brought to you by the letter "BMW"

After-hours weekend share:
After reading countless articles poking fun a California for banishing ICE in 2035 while struggling to have adequate power to handle this year's heatwave (a fair criticism IMO), I dug into the renewable/solar farms feeding the CA grid. I remember during my last drive to Lake Tahoe seeing a VERY large solar farm near Mojave and I've seen others close to the Nevada border and was curious how much energy those large farms provide to the overall CA needs....Well, I was disappointed to calculate that the large Mojave farm I identified as the "Desert Sunlight Solar Farm" while providing a massive 1,324 GWh/year, was only 0.5% of what I eye-balled CA requires (per CALISO- incidentally a very data rich, real-time site) of around ~260TWh/year. So what I'd consider a massive solar-farm (6 sq. mi/3,900 acres) doesn't even produce 1% of CA's needed power! Anyhoo...then I read about the new BESS (battery energy storage system) that was just installed at the Desert Sunlight location which was 920 MWh and discovered that it is the 2nd largest in the world. Then I found that CA has a whopping 12 of the world's top 27 largest BESS which amount to 62% of the energy of the world's top 27 largest BESS.
LOCATIONCountMWh% of top 27
CA12694162%
FL19008%
TX36606%
HI11561%
CHINA3796.87%
AU26436%
JAPAN25455%
UK12662%
SK22903%
TOTAL top 272711,197.80Energy (MWh)

In summary, for a state that is struggling to keep the lights on during a massive heat wave, that currently has 62% of the world's largest BESS deployed already operational in their grid....well Tesla seems to have an ENORMOUS amount of BESS to supply this world...Let's ride!

in comparison to the company that installed heated rear seats without me ordering it & then offering me to unlock it for 300 bucks.. :D

Lol, Tesla activated heated rear seats for Model 3 SR+ owners via an OTA update 33 mths ago:

Cheers!