Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking rationally, not from the perspective of a very happy TSLA investor, I think is is quite positive that people are building small and medium delivery vehicles at scale.

I want to thank you for introducing this topic into today's discussion. It's been a refreshing affirmation of all the value, knowledge, and skill that has assembled itself (spontaneously) around the TMC Investor's Roundtable.

Obrigado! :)

Looks like over the last week the 50day Has risen nearly 10 points from 275 to around 285.

Another noteworthy thing I saw that as these lows from the first 1-20 of our previous 50 day sessions continue to roll off, could move the MA up quicker.

I agree with what your saying, I’m just hoping for the golden cross to occur before the company news.

I believe the technical term is double whammy.
On a daily basis we are replacing days in the mid 230s (and soon to be low 240s) with those in the low 300s. The 50 day will increase in the lower to mid $1s per day as long as this level is maintained. The 200MA is losing ~30 cents a day. That leaves about ~6-8 more trading days as long as we stay roughly at this level.

Are you kidding me? This is one of the most important topics related to the investment of TSLA and its future valuation. This video shows one of the best FSD capabilities I’ve seen so far!

Indeed. As a reminder to all, here's Elon view on what's important to the future success of Tesla (recorded at the 2019 AGM on June 11th).

Elon: (1:00:39) "If I were an outside investor, I would really focus on two things: what is the timeline to full self driving, and what is your plan to scale battery production and get the cost per kilowatt hour lower. It's basically battery cells, and full self driving. Those are the two strategic things that are of most importance."​

It's over 3 years on now, does anyone still doubt the importance of following Tesla FSD tech? Or 4680s?

Chairs for the Longs!

Looks like over the last week the 50day Has risen nearly 10 points from 275 to around 285.

Another noteworthy thing I saw that as these lows from the first 1-20 of our previous 50 day sessions continue to roll off, could move the MA up quicker.

I agree with what your saying, I’m just hoping for the golden cross to occur before the company news.

I believe the technical term is double whammy.
On a daily basis we are replacing days in the mid 230s (and soon to be low 240s) with those in the low 300s. The 50 day will increase in the lower to mid $1s per day as long as this level is maintained. The 200MA is losing ~30 cents a day. That leaves about ~6-8 more trading days as long as we stay roughly at this level.
If not stated explicitly, there can be confusion between a Simple Moving Average (SMA) and an Exponential Moving Average (EMA). I have found an SMA to be more useful for technical analysis outlooks, expecially when examing the relationship between two SMAs. IMO, the EMA was a silly invention with overly complex rules. If one wants to distribute the weighting in an MA graph, then just compare multiple SMAs. That more clearly shows how the situation has been evolving.

Last edited:
VW says the chip shortage will continue beyond 2023.

There are chips available, it is primarily supply of older 43nm chips which is constrained. I’m pretty sure the reason VW is having continuing shortages is due to their unwillingness to upgrade their product lines to support chips which are more commonly available now. In other words, VW is experiencing a self-imposed supply shortage. Likely it’s cheaper to deal with limited supply then it is to upgrade their products to match the available chip supply. This feels like a form of capitulation to me.

They are correct in a way though, shortages of obsolete parts will continue to be a problem for years to come.

True. I understand the BEV Jeeps are slated to arrive together with Tesla Semi, the Cybertruck and real FSD.
What entity meets it's projections?
Yes, @Discoducky, you're absolutely correct that they did not meet their own schedule.
Tesla is pushing the boundaries of engineering and manufacturing cutting edge innovation (i.e. the impossible tends to be late)

Stellantis is not.

Your argument makes no sense.

Stellantis is doomed. The CEO wants 30 years lead time to make sure the grid and charging infrastructure is in place before starting to work on EVs.
Is this the competition that is coming?

Here in the US wind and solar provided 544 TWh of electricity last year, and this year is on track for 673 TWh.

Switching over the entire US automotive fleet would require ~1,100 TWh of new generation.

We will have plenty of electricity to power them by then. The amount of new wind & solar generation we’re adding far exceeds the consumption of the new EVs added to the automotive fleet, and will continue to do so by a large amount for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Tesla is pushing the boundaries of engineering and manufacturing cutting edge innovation (i.e. the impossible tends to be late)

Stellantis is not.

Your argument makes no sense.
Just feels to me like @unk45 is trying to play the devil's advocate.

1663616398052.png

…the combination of EV's and our current mix of power generation is ALREADY a net benefit to reducing greenhouse gasses. Even if EV's ran off 100% natural gas with plant efficiences of 80% and above EV's would be a net benefit. Remember, ICE vehicles are extremely lucky to hit 20% thermal efficiency in the real world. Point #1 of your summary above glosses over that fact by saying "Clean energy production and distribution is essential." without saying it's essential for EV's to be a net benefit in reducing emissions.

If you switched the entire fleet to EVs and just burned the gasoline in CCGT plants to charge them, you would reduce total road transport oil consumption by about half. (!)

(Minor nitpick, NG CCGT plants are about 50-60% thermodynamically efficient, not 80%)