Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon is not a self made billionaire. His family provided him food and water throughout his childhood. He used microchips that someone else invented to execute the code for his software startup. All the raw materials he uses to make cars came from an ancient star collapse. I only respect billionaires that create their own matter and consciousness from the vast emptiness of space.

I wish the Fed had a penalty for raising rates too fast. I don't think the dual mandate really covers it.

In our current state of great/high employment, the dual mandate just allows them to wildly swing the rate hike hammer.

Will this hurt Tesla? In terms of holding back macros, causing/maintaining/lengthening/deepening a recession; yes.

Yeah, because Errol is someone who’s word can be trusted. 🙄
Errol is eccentric, as is Elon. The truth is likely somewhere inbetween. However Elon recounting a private plane flight doesn't exactly scream poverty. I'm sure Elon would admit he had an upper middle class childhood for the most part.

Someone got their hands on the 10:30am weekly EIA crude oil report a bit early I guess. WTI plummeted ~2% this morning before the report came out. It's now stabilized at $84.

Another big rise in commercial stockpiles, rooted in both crude and refined products oversupply. The WH dumping 6M barrels into the mix from the strategic reserve helped, but we were oversupplied regardless.

Exports dipped some, but we're still a strong net exporter of oil & products to the tune of about 1-3Mb/d. Talk about a nice stimulative setup to get the US thru this mini-recession.

If Powell wants any last minute indication of inflation coming under control, this report helped. Total commercial crude oil and refined products supply for the US has been steadily rising since bottoming out in mid-March, up 8.3% since those lows. All while exporting at near record pace.

We are far more than halfway thru the work needed to tame inflation IMO. And I'd argue the other half will happen organically and with minimal effort as supply chains strengthen, Putin fades, and people continue to go back to work.

View attachment 855096
Ummmm..........duh. Of course there are 'more bullish' points than the 1 year trendline I shared yesterday into the 1-year/3-year converging wedge. I could have easily picked shorter-term 'more bullish' upper wedge resistance lines than the 1-year as you suggest. And in doing so I could have shown that we have already broken above the wedge, if one were so impatient as to only look at a daily chart, or a weekly mid-week, or use shorter-term charting for the wedge. But my point is.......and has been with the the previous posts I have made regarding this huge wedge we are trading sideways into - is to convey the need to exercise some caution before jumping in too early. Because there will be intentional head-fakes by MM's in the shorter "more bullish" charts along the way that are specifically intended to encourage less patient investors to jump too soon. Which is really the only reason I am responding to your post, because I think your post could be easily interpreted to convey too much risk to some on TMC that might not have had the benefit of watching TSLA trade for many years. And which is also why I have had enough humility in my previous posts to share my past mistakes of not waiting for confirmation on the longer charts in the many years I have traded this stock - i.e. the importance of looking at the weekly close (or longer) before making a decision on a 1-year trendline confirmation.

This week is a perfect example of why being "more bullish" as you suggest 'could' encourage others to jump too soon. TSLA's mid-week price action this week has already taken us above the more conservative 1-year upper resistance line that I shared. Which is exactly why I chose a trendline that wasn't "more bullish" than you offer. Because the week hasn't ended yet and the 1-year resistance line of the wedge is determined by the trading price at the close of each week. And perhaps most importantly, at 2:00 pm today we might see the Fed opt for 1 full basis point increase instead of 0.75 as the market has already prepared itself for. The result of that would likely be TSLA getting spanked back under the 1 year resistance line and trading back into the wedge until closer to earnings...............and perhaps all the way down to the 3-year support one last time before once again turning positive and breaking out on earnings. Under those conditions WS has the opportunity to make >10% down and then another >10% back up before break out while the rest of us hold long..................so why not? They played TSLA right up to the point of a breakout on the longer chart, and well into positive territory for those that are playing the short game to encourage them to jump in or miss out. That would be the ultimate setup that I have cautioned against. And WS could do that if they already got the memo for the rate hike, which I would imagine would not surprise anyone here. I have not trouble admitting that I was that person trading 'too soon' on several similar occasions in the past if that helps others here on TMC. And although HODLing resulting in a very satisfactory long term position anyways, I would certainly like to have had >10% more shares at this point, and on at least one case >20% more shares on those trades too. And I wish a better outcome for everyone else here on their trades. This is not in any way advice, it is only shared experiences and some personal lessons learned. And as I have previously shared, I hope I am wrong.

Blah blah blah humility?

I think too much credence is given to "market makers". If there are head fakes, especially for breakouts, I think of it as just being premature. Sellers have not exhausted and bulls don't yet need to climb all over themselves to get shares. As long as there is a sick market, FUD, sellers will rule or keep price down.

The thing I see you not mention is the overall market. That is where I start.

TSLA has showed decent RS vs the market and could break out before the market, or perhaps early in market moves.

perhaps such discussions belong in the TA thread?

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Paracelsus
Did you read what I wrote? Because you’re arguing against nothing that I said. I was responding to a call to sue him for libel — I merely pointed out that was silly, since the tweet was factually accurate. My opinions on Elon or billionaires in general were never even mentioned.

But I get it, you got mad, and that anger hampered your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills. It happens.
Dude. Are you ok? Do you need a hug? Maybe you can find a nice tree , though, even a tree would be off put by your constant attitude. If you loved yourself as much as you claim/portray to, you wouldnt engage in this way.

Breath, take a walk. That's what most of us do when we feel upset. You seem to post crtical nonsense when you're triggered. We all know youre an amazing social justice warrior. Go make a picket sign or something.

This way us plebs can worship Elon in peace. /s

Dont worry, Be happy.

Errol is eccentric, as is Elon. The truth is likely somewhere inbetween. However Elon recounting a private plane flight doesn't exactly scream poverty. I'm sure Elon would admit he had an upper middle class childhood for the most part.
Elon doesn’t value/place value on his societal class level growing up or at any time during his adult life in the same way most people do. It’s not specifically what shaped him, therefore it’s just a bunch of outsiders swinging appendages around and beating their chests as if their opinion is more than the pile of beetle dung that it is.

@KarenRei has moved on from making epic posts here of Tesla’s advantages to Twitter posts of obvious statements that somehow Elon has to respond to.

And it’s irrelevant as is her comment. He’s not black etc….

The need for people to harp on what wasn’t and how that would have changed the current and present is just a big heap of useless nothingness.

Had I been born a dog lover, my life would have been different. Shocker! 🙄