Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pepsi never got any semis from Tesla. Their CEO went on cnbc last saying they expected semi delivery before the end of 2021 but it never happened
Source? As far as we know it happened. Musk is literally saying “we’re starting production and the first customer (Pepsi) will get production truck 1 on Dec 1.” Not sure where the gray area is.

Reactions: Thumper
Not to mention the number of Tesla's that have been completely submerged and never caught fire. Rich Rebuilds started his channel rebuilding one.
It’s possible that it’s not the water itself that damaged the batteries, but debris in the water, getting dragged over rocks, etc. And then thermal runaway couldn’t start until the water receded.

Temper your excitement folks, Dec 1st is not in 2 weeks.
It’s gotta be 2 weeks , otherwise ain’t happening .

Current Q theory is 2 weeks is when Elon dumps stock and the Semi announcement is the pump for that...so there's your two weeks :)

Source? As far as we know it happened. Musk is literally saying “we’re starting production and the first customer (Pepsi) will get production truck 1 on Dec 1.” Not sure where the gray area is.

I believe they were correcting the guy who said Pepsi ALREADY GOT trucks last year--- not saying Pepsi didn't order any.

• Informative
Reactions: Discoducky
Pepsi never got any semis from Tesla. Their CEO went on cnbc last saying they expected semi delivery before the end of 2021 but it never happened
Actually…..you don’t know that. Because….it was a trial test for a customer. They’re not going to acknowledge anything about it because they’re under NDA. There has been plenty of anecdotal evidence that there’s multiple trial mule Semi’s out there…..that have been spotted at PepsiCo facilities

Current Q theory is 2 weeks is when Elon dumps stock and the Semi announcement is the pump for that...so there's your two weeks :)

I believe they were correcting the guy who said Pepsi ALREADY GOT trucks last year--- not saying Pepsi didn't order any.
Forget about 4D chess, seems more like Hans Niemann chess.
Being a Tesla long is never easy and not everyone has the chops.
Go longs and keep the Faith.
We will Prevail
We will Triumph.

Actually…..you don’t know that. Because….it was a trial test for a customer. They’re not going to acknowledge anything about it because they’re under NDA. There has been plenty of anecdotal evidence that there’s multiple trial mule Semi’s out there…..that have been spotted at PepsiCo facilities
You are right, I don’t but by that same measure neither does anyone claiming a trial already took place. There is no evidence the Pepsi ever took possession of a Tesla semi in a customer trial. NDA or not, it is quite likely that something will have leaked. The semi test mules out there have always been Tesla operated as far as we know.

I think the semi will be huge. I am just a little skeptical that delivery to Pepsi marks the start of actual production. As far as we know they only have the pilot production line in Nevada which was said to only produce 5 per week. Either way, it is a big step forward for the semi program.

Last edited:
Reactions: navguy12
There is no evidence the Pepsi ever took possession of a Tesla semi in a customer trial. NDA or not, it is quite likely that something will have leaked. The semi test mules out there have always been Tesla operated as far as we know.

I think the semi will be huge. I am just a little skeptical that delivery to Pepsi marks the start of actual production.
There’s were Semi’s spotted at PepsiCo facilities and Tesla chargers being installed at PepsiCo facilities all throughout the past year.

There’s plenty of evidence out there, you’re just not willing to do it.

There’s were Semi’s spotted at PepsiCo facilities and Tesla chargers being installed at PepsiCo facilities all throughout the past year.

Tesla took a semi to PepsiCo to test the charger. There is no evidence of anything more than that. There is no evidence of semi hauling a Pepsi load.
Someone would have put something on the internet

Tesla took a semi to PepsiCo to test the charger. There is no evidence of anything more than that. There is no evidence of semi hauling a Pepsi load
I expect that Pepsi will get the entirety of their order on Dec 1st. Then, we'll see the next order filled in a matter of weeks. Then we'll be able to ascertain the production ramp. Other than that, we can all speculate until we are blue in the face.

Tesla took a semi to PepsiCo to test the charger. There is no evidence of anything more than that. There is no evidence of semi hauling a Pepsi load.
Someone would have put something on the internet

According to cleantechnica, semi was at Pepsi for charger testing in June

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
I expect that Pepsi will get the entirety of their order on Dec 1st. Then, we'll see the next order filled in a matter of weeks. Then we'll be able to ascertain the production ramp. Other than that, we can all speculate until we are blue in the face.
Pepsi ordered 100 semis. I doubt they will pick up all 100 until they have thoroughly verified the product. I think they are getting 15 to start. That is a big sign of confidence in Tesla from Pepsi. If they give follow on orders, other more risk averse companies are more likely to order.

Pepsi ordered 100 semis. I doubt they will pick up all 100 until they have thoroughly verified the product. I think they are getting 15 to start. That is a big sign of confidence in Tesla from Pepsi. If they give follow on orders, other more risk averse companies are more likely to order.
Let's see, time will tell. You might be right, but I hope you are not and they get their full order.

Reactions: Tony73
Guaranteed to see Tesla Semi / Pepsi co ad this upcoming Christmas/Super Bowl Season
To be clear, a Pepsi ad which features the Semi. Which will be cooler than sugar...

Followed by a Fritos ad, which also features the Semi,

Followed by a Hertz ad which features a Model Y.

Free publicity, I can't wait!

You know, even with all the competition coming from all over the globe, to me Tesla's are the only vehicles that look like the future. All the rest look they're trying too hard.