Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I miss the days when credit rating and semi would have been good for 20% up. 🫤

It’s intentional FUD. “Exploding” is used to scare people. The actual article content mentions a few fires.

Fox hates EVs. So much for Murdoch Jr helping in that area.
Yeah, I’m wondering why they left the nuclear fallout out of the story?

So hearing about the start of semi production is great news. One particularly nice thing about it is that there is no competition. None. So this will generate a lot of buzz, especially when trucking companies see how much money it saves them. Semi prices will probably go up as demand increases.

It’s also good advertisement for 4680s.

IMO, none of this has to do with it. Macros, macros, Elon dumping tons of TSLA on the open market, and macros. Those are the 4 major reasons for Tesla’s performance this year so far. Better days are ahead. I hope. Man I am not really enjoying this decade so far.
Elon wants it like that and he deserves to get what he wants! 😋

This decade will be amazing, either way. 😁

So hearing about the start of semi production is great news. One particularly nice thing about it is that there is no competition. None. So this will generate a lot of buzz, especially when trucking companies see how much money it saves them. Semi prices will probably go up as demand increases.

I’m actually rather shocked Tesla hasn’t update the price of the Semi in the past year. They haven’t changed the pricing of the semi since it was launched. Not sure what is going on there

I miss the days when credit rating and semi would have been good for 20% up. 🫤

It’s intentional FUD. “Exploding” is used to scare people. The actual article content mentions a few fires.

Fox hates EVs. So much for Murdoch Jr helping in that area.
Of course I'll wait for an engineering evaluation of this supposed battery fire, but I'd think that Tesla battery packs are hermetically sealed and go into a deep sleep when not able to communicate with BMS if that connection is severed...at least that is how I would have designed it...

The Semi webpage I just viewed has neither pricing nor an order button. Only a "Get Updates" link/ sign-up.
Ah….. anyone have a clue as to when they changed this?

As for buyers of the semi, I feel they’ll be much more accommodating if/when Tesla tells them that their existing order is going to have a price adjustment. They won’t necessarily be happy about it, but they understand the Semi, even at a higher price tag than what they ordered at, will save them a ton of money

Reactions: JusRelax
That’s big time

I would take “start of production” with a pinch of salt. They will deliver trucks to Pepsi but what happens in the immediate aftermath is anyone’s guess.
This could just be a customer trial which makes sense. Get a blue chip customer like Pepsi to verify your product.
Actual series production might still be a ways off. Musk can be very loose with language.

I would take “start of production” with a pinch of salt. They will deliver trucks to Pepsi but what happens in the immediate aftermath is anyone’s guess.
This could just be a customer trial which makes sense. Get a blue chip customer like Pepsi to verify your product.
Actual series production might still be a ways off. Musk can be very loose with language.
Actually….the customer trial already took place…..with Pepsi, last winter.

So hearing about the start of semi production is great news. One particularly nice thing about it is that there is no competition. None.

For the 500 mile version that's true... I don't even know anybody with one legit announced that long but maybe there is?

For the 300 mile one though there not only is, several are already on the roads... Volvo (275 miles range) has been trialing theirs in CA for a while now... as has Freightliner (250 miles) of range working with Walmart.

BYD has also delivered over 100 BEV semis in the US including to Anheuser Busch- but range is another class lower (150 miles).

I mainly point this out not because the 500 mile one isn't pretty amazing in the current market, but because for sure you'll be hearing a lot from certain circles about how the Tesla semi is late and everyone else already has a BEV semi.... and they kinda do, but there's a pretty significant gap from the 500 mile Semi to anything else.

Here's an article I came across on the '23 Kia EV9. Thought people here might want to see what the competition is up to. (if this belongs on another forum, please delete or move).

Announcing START of Production. Not clear when it will be delivered

Huh?

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 7.57.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Of course I'll wait for an engineering evaluation of this supposed battery fire, but I'd think that Tesla battery packs are hermetically sealed and go into a deep sleep when not able to communicate with BMS if that connection is severed...at least that is how I would have designed it...
Not to mention the number of Tesla's that have been completely submerged and never caught fire. Rich Rebuilds started his channel rebuilding one.