Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2022 MY doesn't have radar and it's feature parity with my 2018 M3 for all of the FSD things. I wouldn't count it as a 'feature'. Folks that are worried about not 'getting a feature that is available on older vehicles' are worrying too much.

Well the lag in restoring features is unfortunate. I’m also a little concerned with losing parking assist in bad weather. If it shuts down for rain or snow like FSDb/NoA, that will be frustrating. But the rear camera view can certainly get mangled in the rain, so it’s hard to see how they avoid it.

Maybe we should all chip in and buy Elon a place in a town that has actual seasons.

They have s$%t the bed again on their BEV targets.
GM totally misses their already weak forward guidance for EV production. Stock up.

Tesla is expected to just barely miss their aggressive guidance for 2022, despite their most productive factory getting shut down for many weeks...and their guidance wasn't even really per-year (it was "average of 50% guidance over a multi-year time horizon"), and it got hammered.

LOL. That's fine. The market can hold GMs hand for a little while longer. There will be a wakeup call coming soon...

5.1 earthquake just happened here in Bay Area. Whatever 3/Y are on the production lines right now might end up with nice panel gaps :)
I’m about 2 miles from the factory. We didn’t feel it here at all. It was centered in south San Jose. About 30 miles south of us.

I think Elon punked everyone today. He probably knew there would be front running on any sales, so he didn't sell any. Tomorrow we are probably green in premarket, and he will sell at the open....

I don’t know why you’re trying to guess short term moves with these complicated psychoanalysis scenarios. It’s grossly inaccurate to the point of post pollution.

You’re an options guy. You know all the intricacies that go into a stock price and competing fund algorithms that play into that. You should know price rarely moves so simply as what a CNBC daily homepage narrative headline says, let alone…these scenarios you posed.

Reactions: Nrkl

They have s$%t the bed again on their BEV targets.

"GM Chief Executive Mary Barra said Tuesday that a slower-than-expected start to battery-cell operations at a new factory in Ohio will delay some EV sales. GM had expected to sell 400,000 EVs from early 2022 through the end of next year but has pushed out the time frame until mid-2024.

Ms. Barra told Wall Street analysts that it has taken longer than expected to hire and train workers and establish operations with the factory’s joint-venture partner, Korea’s LG Energy Solution. She said GM’s longer-range goal of selling 1 million EVs in North America in 2025 is intact."

They are now planning 400K total in North America through the middle of 2024. And yet they expect to ramp to 1 million units in 2025. Color me skeptical.

"Forward looking" WS should be absolutely HAMMERING GM over this ER.

Instead, WS rewards the SP today with profit margins padded by delayed deliveries from Q2 and sales of overpriced gas guzzling trucks.

As 'Make Mine Nikola' Mary says: "“This is just a slight shift in the acceleration,” she said." :rolleyes:

My bet is GM does not hit any of those targets. And I based this on 'past results' being 100% indicative of 'future performance', thank you very much.

I looked over their slide deck and something jumped out at me. Their deliveries are down BUT their sales revenue is up? Then I noticed the dealer inventory gaining 110,000 vehicles and it made sense.

In other words, GM shifted production to the dealers and counted them as "sold" but all those cars are sitting on dealer lots waiting to sell to actual consumers.
Not quite as impressive a quarter for GM when you dig into the meat of the numbers. That coupled with the delayed forecast on EV's and it really gets foreboding. :confused:

Tesla's Q3 report is super positive by comparison. :cool:

Starship could have an orbital test soon but Elon is back in Bay Area.

How do you read this?
  • Final FSD bash to make sure it ships before end of year?
  • Optimus?
  • Dojo?
  • Kato road?
  • Some other things we don’t know?
Or, is it simply stating whenever he is in Bay Area he would be couch surfing?
If you remember one of his devious interviews he says he absolutely hates hates hates being alone. It’s why he’s rebounded so quickly in relationships. I think I remember him saying he specifically hates sleeping alone.

I looked over their slide deck and something jumped out at me. Their deliveries are down BUT their sales revenue is up? Then I noticed the dealer inventory gaining 110,000 vehicles and it made sense.

In other words, GM shifted production to the dealers and counted them as "sold" but all those cars are sitting on dealer lots waiting to sell to actual consumers.
Not quite as impressive a quarter for GM when you dig into the meat of the numbers. That coupled with the delayed forecast on EV's and it really gets foreboding. :confused:

My region just ran advertisements last night for 0% interest on GMC vehicles. You dont buy down rates unless your inventory is stacking up. They know their customers are tapped out and so they can either discount interest, or the vehicles. They chose interest so it keeps the book value of vehicles higher.

A nice list of things to look forward to:
Screenshot_20221025-122523.png

I don’t know why you’re trying to guess short term moves with these complicated psychoanalysis scenarios. It’s grossly inaccurate to the point of post pollution.

You’re an options guy. You know all the intricacies that go into a stock price and competing fund algorithms that play into that. You should know price rarely moves so simply as what a CNBC daily homepage narrative headline says, let alone…these scenarios you posed.
@BornToFly was just kidding if you did not already figure that out.

My 2022 MY doesn't have radar and it's feature parity with my 2018 M3 for all of the FSD things. I wouldn't count it as a 'feature'. Folks that are worried about not 'getting a feature that is available on older vehicles' are worrying too much.
My hope is non radar FSD (TACC/NOA) isn’t shut down when ice/snow accumulates on the front bumper (as has happened for the past four winters).

Dealer lots in my area have more new vehicles than I've seen in a long time. This should mean downward movement in sales prices.