Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only Elon can troll like that by walking in with the kitchen sink!

Love it!

Seems that a few people didn’t get the joke. His tweet said, “Elon entering Twitter HQ. Let that sink in”. So it’s a meta pun joke thing. He is literally and visually letting the sink in. Nothing to do with a kitchen sink, or some sort of sinking joke, no, he is saying it is time to let it sink in that Elon is now CEO of Twitter.

Why would the DOJ be involved in investigating the effectiveness of a software/auto product anyway? Sounds like BS or some political agenda.

Edit. Apparently, they do have a division that handles "hazardous products". :rolleyes:

Consumer Product Safety and Tampering
The Branch is charged with enforcing the Consumer Product Safety Act, which protects the public from dangerous products and hazardous materials. The Branch specifically brings criminal prosecutions and civil-penalty actions for failures to report defective or otherwise unreasonably hazardous products. In addition, the Branch is responsible for advancing and coordinating criminal prosecutions of significant odometer-tampering schemes, in which perpetrators fraudulently inflate vehicles’ market values and conceal potentially unsafe vehicles. Agents from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration are key partners in this work.

Last edited:
Seems that a few people didn’t get the joke. His tweet said, “Elon entering Twitter HQ. Let that sink in”. So it’s a meta pun joke thing. He is literally and visually letting the sink in. Nothing to do with a kitchen sink, or some sort of sinking joke, no, he is saying it is time to let it sink in that Elon is now CEO of Twitter.
He loves his DAD jokes!

Why would the DOJ be involved in investigating the effectiveness of a software/auto product anyway? Sounds like BS or some political agenda.
100%

The DOJ would be involved over 'fraudulent' claims.

This is a dead in the water investigation if they actually plan on proceeding with evidence, as none exists. If they plan on proceeding just for the heck of it, not much to say about that.

Peter Lynch Man on the street report number 2:

Saw something new with supercharging stations, suspect I'd seen mention of this before. It was new to me.
Two 4 stall (I think) concrete pads, looked like they would have been made off site and dropped in place. They were joined by a metal platform. The concrete was minimally bolted to the concrete pad it sat upon. My guess this minimizes construction time.

Amazing to me.
Standardization good.
Decrease of construction costs possible.

you click to get the picture

Attachments

• IMG_3369[1].JPG
    IMG_3369[1].JPG
    792.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3370[1].JPG
    IMG_3370[1].JPG
    915.6 KB · Views: 102
Absorbed or dissolved?
"Argo AI, an autonomous vehicle startup that burst on the scene in 2017 stacked with a $1 billion investment, is shutting down — its parts being absorbed into its two main backers: Ford and VW, according to people familiar with the matter.

Just last month the company revealed an ecosystem of products and services designed to support commercial delivery and robotaxi operations. The products — a list that includes fleet management software, data analytics, high-definition mapping and cloud-based communication tools — stretches far beyond the self-driving system that allows a vehicle to navigate city streets without a human driver behind the wheel. Argo appeared to be telling the world it was open for business."

Peter Lynch Man on the street report number 2:

Saw something new with supercharging stations, suspect I'd seen mention of this before. It was new to me.
Two 4 stall (I think) concrete pads, looked like they would have been made off site and dropped in place. They were joined by a metal platform. The concrete was minimally bolted to the concrete pad it sat upon. My guess this minimizes construction time.

Amazing to me.
Standardization good.
Decrease of construction costs possible.

you click to get the picture

Isn't this old news?