Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since when was Gordo so bullish with his $145 PT :)

Good point! That's a split-adjusted $2,175 per share. It was only three years ago when Gordo was calling for zero.

I think we should award him a medal!
1667525227419.png

Good point! That's a split-adjusted $2,175 per share. It was only three years ago when Gordo was calling for zero.

I think we should award him a medal!
View attachment 870862

Is this not a joke? His PT really is $145? That's like . . . more than the combined value of VW, GM, and Toyota (spitballing it, but I think that's right).

I can't be tricked into getting on another mailing list for a mere t-shirt (although had they offered me a couple pounds of butter I would have been tempted). I stocked up on butter before the latest drop in share price and I can only hope my butter stash lasts until the next breakout!

Thanks to @Discoducky for the fabulous spread he put out for the Seattle TSLA Investor Summit, homemade bread and real butter! m-m-m-m-m! Don't get me wrong, there was a wide variety of awesome looking foods, but it was hard to beat the homemade bread and butter! I tried not to hog the butter too much. It was impressive to see a like mind at work, so we didn't have to eat beans and rice, you know, with the share price in the dumpster and all. ;)

jeeze and i thought boomer liked butter…
kinda wish i was there for the homemade bread and butter!

Thanks to @Discoducky for the fabulous spread he put out for the Seattle TSLA Investor Summit, homemade bread and real butter! m-m-m-m-m! Don't get me wrong, there was a wide variety of awesome looking foods, but it was hard to beat the homemade bread and butter! I tried not to hog the butter too much. It was impressive to see a like mind at work, so we didn't have to eat beans and rice, you know, with the share price in the dumpster and all. ;)
Yeah, I've taken up bread making and now JP is going to force me to go back to work! Oh, the humanity! :)

When my parents bought their first house (Sault Ste Marie ON) in 1961, the mortgage rate was 6.25%.

My dad reiterated that while we were discussing the current hand wringing over ”high” interest rates.
My former spouse and I bought our first house in 1986 at 8% (30 year FHA loan) and we considered ourselves lucky... of course the house was only $49,500, so even with such a high rate, the payments weren't that high.

After having our loan sold 4 times, we refinanced at 4.5% with a respected local Savings and Loan that wouldn't sell the loan in '91 and sold it for twice the purchase price in '97. Honestly, I do not know how any "middle class" folks nowadays can afford any houses with prices so damn high and now interest rates at 7% for a 30 (or 40) year loan. I'm very comfortable where I'm at. May do some improvements, especially when TSLA SP gets back up to respectable levels, but I love my house and I'm too old to move!

Last edited:
My buddy was complaining that if Elon is such a free speech advocate then why does Tesla operate a factory in China.

I said that Tesla’s mission is a sustainable future. Plus he can’t do anything about free speech in China.

I think is argument seems pretty sick. I’m actually disgusted by it but I don’t know what. You all have any insight?
Ask your friend if he drives a Ford or VW...

I can't be tricked into getting on another mailing list for a mere t-shirt (although had they offered me a couple pounds of butter I would have been tempted). I stocked up on butter before the latest drop in share price and I can only hope my butter stash lasts until the next breakout!

Really wish I could have made it, especially before the snow in the passes! Oh well, maybe next time!

Really wish I could have made it, especially before the snow in the passes! Oh well, maybe next time!
Thinking you replied to me thinking we had bread as well. Sorry, no bread, although I used to make my own. If the SP goes back up soon and I don’t have to stare at the screen all day, I might have free time to get back to baking again. I make killer pizza and bagels, too.

Edit: you’re quick. Nice save.

Thinking you replied to me thinking we had bread as well. Sorry, no bread, although I used to make my own. If the SP goes back up soon and I don’t have to stare at the screen all day, I might have free time to get back to baking again. I make killer pizza and bagels, too.
Sorry about that mate! Ummm, pizza... I'll bring the beer!

My buddy was complaining that if Elon is such a free speech advocate then why does Tesla operate a factory in China.

I said that Tesla’s mission is a sustainable future. Plus he can’t do anything about free speech in China.

I think is argument seems pretty sick. I’m actually disgusted by it but I don’t know what. You all have any insight?
It's probably free speech in the Gigafactory... especially in a quarantine lockdown...

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
All true…but something has changed.

That first home (1960-1969) had three bedrooms, one bathroom and the kitchen/dining room in a 950 sq foot area; my folks raised my brother and I in that home, which was a typical sized home for that time.

Now, it is a situation where everyone has a private bathroom, the kitchen has solid materials for countertops, the floors are finished with expensive materials and the average footprint of the house is more than double.

So yea, it costs more because its over twice the size.
True in some cases but not all. Not uncommon for 1,000 sq. ft. homes in my region built in the 40's or 50's (much like the house you described, sounds exactly like the house I grew up in that Dad rented for $90/month) selling for well over $300k and renting for close to $2,000/month! And our area is way cheaper than the left of the state.

Reactions: Drumheller
Live stream link to sign up and apparently you get a T-shirt mailed to you...

Livestream is mostly Baron Funds generic pieces - many parts, including Elon's 10:40 AM special guest appearance intro by Baron won't be livestreamed.
I suppose some of the info will be posted by misc parties soon afterwards

Since this is a public event w/ press attendees, Elon could (someone correct me if I'm wrong) announce material information .. look for the tape starting at 10:40 - Probably temporary blip in any case, since it's Friday and the MM's will manipulate the SP ... unless they can't and it isn't just a blip : )

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed