Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone listened to Elon's live pitch on Twitter?
Yes. There's a replay on Twitter. It was very good and it seems the advertisers asked all the questions they were concerned about and Elon answered them quite well. Also, I noticed that the number of Twitter users has increased a lot and I'm really enjoying using it. It is being monitored by the very smart team from Tesla I believe and they are setting up some new stuff. For example, they are talking about using something like YouTube and now you can pay the $8 to get the blue mark.
I understand now why there's so many media against it because the sponsorship revenue will end up going to Twitter instead of their magazines or news. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with the way things are turning out and happy to buy shares on sale anytime. In my opinion the stock is very oversold but so is the market.

Anyone else think it's wild that Elon went to Russia in 2001/2022 [1] and met Putin to try to buy rockets to start SpaceX. He must have known even back then that space hadn't been privatized...ever. In fact, only a few countries had launched anything to space at that point...

...both are in the public eye now in 2022 for completely different reasons.

[1] https://www.fastcompany.com/3006829...dered-buying-russian-ballistic-missiles-nukes

Anyone else think it's wild that Elon went to Russia in 2001/2022 [1] and met Putin to try to buy rockets to start SpaceX. He must have known even back then that space hadn't been privatized...ever. In fact, only a few countries had launched anything to space at that point...

...both are in the public eye now in 2022 for completely different reasons.

[1] https://www.fastcompany.com/3006829...dered-buying-russian-ballistic-missiles-nukes

And you're bringing up a 20 year old piece of history in the daily moment by moment investor's thread because ????

I think you want to discuss this in the Elon thread.

Yes. There's a replay on Twitter. It was very good and it seems the advertisers asked all the questions they were concerned about and Elon answered them quite well. Also, I noticed that the number of Twitter users has increased a lot and I'm really enjoying using it. It is being monitored by the very smart team from Tesla I believe and they are setting up some new stuff. For example, they are talking about using something like YouTube and now you can pay the $8 to get the blue mark.
I understand now why there's so many media against it because the sponsorship revenue will end up going to Twitter instead of their magazines or news. Anyway, I am pretty pleased with the way things are turning out and happy to buy shares on sale anytime. In my opinion the stock is very oversold but so is the market.
There are now a lot of blue checkmarks on my Twitter feed – – that looks like revenue for private company, Twitter. Just like when I see so many Tesla cars on the road increasing number day after day that is more revenue for Tesla, shareholders.

Could these selling of Tesla stocks lately is about repaying Saudi's investment (Which he knew the criticism is coming sooner or later) or these news media trying to squeeze Elon to sell Tesla harder later as Saudi's investment forced to pulled out from the deal of twitter?

Either way whatever they doing is directly aiming at Tesla and Twitter.
Saudi equity was in shares, but value was only $1.9B @ $54.20 . Some other equity partners have (are) Bitcoin exposure.
That's all I'll say on this thread.
Wiki - Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

Yes, it sounded quite sane. Basically he was reassuring nervous Twitter advertisers that he wasn't, in fact, a crack head lunatic, despite what they might have read in the news.
I agree, he also didn't seem to have a good understanding of the solutions, but at least he understands the issues.

One key answer. Verification is solely based on having a phone (only IOS for now), a credit card and $8. You can be unverified for deception, the one deadly sin that Elon mentioned.

• Informative
Reactions: Eugene Ash
There are now a lot of blue checkmarks on my Twitter feed – – that looks like revenue for private company, Twitter. Just like when I see so many Tesla cars on the road increasing number day after day that is more revenue for Tesla, shareholders.
A fun calculation, say 80 million sign up(Elon has about 110 million followers
I get $7.68 billions per year
By the way off topic, I am recording this on my new pixel 7 pro that seems to get things very accurate. I love this technology

Exactly, I recall complaints about companies buying shares when the share price at an all time high and then when the share price had a large drop people were saying it made no sense at all and cash rich companies should but back stock when the share price has fallen from the all time highs.
Do you have any examples of this?

There are multiple routes of returning capital back to shareholders. Companies do their own internal valuations to determine where they think the fair price sits based on forecasted revenue and profits etc, and they have a fiduciary duty to their shareholders in ensuring capital is deployed as efficiently as possible. If the share price is too high by their own determination, they can distribute cash through dividends; if the share price is too low by their own determination, they can buy back shares.

I'd think buying back shares when the price is too high would very likely lead to lawsuits from shareholders

Reactions: navguy12
The “something like youtube” is I think the “plan C” option if Elon can‘t get Twitter profitable with other endeavors:. That is, turning it into an OnlyFans competitor.

...One key answer. Verification is solely based on having a phone (only IOS for now), a credit card and $8. You can be unverified for deception, the one deadly sin that Elon mentioned.

He has also said (I forget where) that Twitter will look into additional means of identity verification if necessary. I can think of some possibilities such as driver's license, passport, etc.

Also, the punishment for impersonation is loss of your account, not its "verified" mark. And no refund of your $8, sorry.

Last edited:
Do you have any examples of this?

There are multiple routes of returning capital back to shareholders. Companies do their own internal valuations to determine where they think the fair price sits based on forecasted revenue and profits etc, and they have a fiduciary duty to their shareholders in ensuring capital is deployed as efficiently as possible. If the share price is too high by their own determination, they can distribute cash through dividends; if the share price is too low by their own determination, they can buy back shares.

I'd think buying back shares when the price is too high would very likely lead to lawsuits from shareholders
You don’t have to look too far. META(FB) spent $45 billion in buybacks at an average stock price of 350. They are now trading at 100. :rolleyes:

All this twitter excitement... I went and purchased twitter blue.
Feels right, even though I tweet about 1/yr. Maybe now that will change ;)
Me too. I’m blue now.

Btw, some interesting things going on at Twitter. There’s a Japanese gaming/anime section that since Elon took over, now covers … gaming and anime instead of the politics it used to have. Needless to say, people are liking that a lot more.