Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is all mostly old news, except for the Y/3 split and the production/delivery gap. (Again, since every car Tesla makes is sold, it's a production/DELIVERED gap, not a production/sales gap).

We knew that Shanghai produced 87k+ in October several days ago.

And yes, the share price is currently a joke. Tesla is killing it here in Q4. Give it some time. Market is still shaky on whether Elon's selling. With no Form 4s coming out yet tonight, it's looking more and more like Elon is done selling. Once that realization settles in, and the overwhelming Q4 numbers look more and more solid, buyers will be back (pending the stupid macros).

This is all mostly old news, except for the Y/3 split and the production/delivery gap. (Again, since every car Tesla makes is sold, it's a production/DELIVERED gap, not a production/sales gap).

We knew that Shanghai produced 87k+ in October several days ago.

And yes, the share price is currently a joke. Tesla is killing it here in Q4. Give it some time. Market is still shaky on whether Elon's selling. With no Form 4s coming out yet tonight, it's looking more and more like Elon is done selling. Once that realization settles in, and the overwhelming Q4 numbers look more and more solid, buyers will be back (pending the stupid macros).
Market is still shaky on whether Elon's selling EV Semi tractor trailers with 500 mile range fully loaded... Coming in a few weeks, market better be shakin'.

Urgh - that not great. Institutional selling Likely then.

Wednesday was a perfect storm of unexpected Form 4s the night before, FTX unraveling, and CPI fear.

I thinks it’s more likely retail sold in the 170s (in the form of margin calls and options losses) and institutions loaded up back to the 190s, than the other way around.

Interesting factoid

The VW Wolfsburg car plant is reputed to be the largest car factory in the world with a production rate of 815,000 a year, 60k employees

Tesla Shanghai is now doing over 1 million a year with only ~19k employees , and likely making more of each car also (with 95% localized production )

Wolfsburg only made ~400k in 2021 though and isnt expected to break 600k this year.

That institutional uneasiness was pretty much a given either way. There won't be any real clarity until Elon tells us he's done- for now. His Twitter bankruptcy comments can't be helping either. Let's hope the PPI numbers are as good as the CPI numbers were.
Unnecessary institutional uneasiness based on algobots and headlines or real planning to buy low sell high for their clients, with big production numbers for tesla coming, and new product line Semi, and cybertruck around the corner. Margins get better as factories spool up.

I’m calling it.

Elon’s silence gave cover to Tesla’s board to buy back on the cheap - and before new 2023 taxes kick in 6 weeks. Big volume these last few days and the tweet deferring to the board today.

He didn’t speak up about sales because he knew all would be clear in the end.

Impossible. I have it from several yabo's here on this board that Elon can't play chess, there is no chessboard, and they don't even like chessnuts... /s

I’m calling it.

Elon’s silence gave cover to Tesla’s board to buy back on the cheap - and before new 2023 taxes kick in 6 weeks. Big volume these last few days and the tweet deferring to the board today.

He didn’t speak up about sales because he knew all would be clear in the end.
Hmm. Is it insider trading for the company to buy shares based on insider information? I’m sure the SEC would have an opinion on that. Ever since they declared that shorts are investors, I’ve lost any kind of faith in them.

I think the board has to approve any buybacks with shareholders or at least pre-announce a buyback plan. Not sure if it’s a legal requirement, but I know Apple did it almost every time.

Filing this under “It would be awesome but I’m skeptical…”

Apple would be at $5 trillion if Musk had taken over as CEO after Jobs passed.

Cook is an amazing CEO, but Jobs and Musk are next level. Jobs and Musk make empire building machines. Cook just drives the empire building machine Jobs created exceptionally well.
As with others expressing opinions about Apple on this thread, you haven't a clue. Maybe you have a clue about Tesla.

EDIT: And, as some guy posted: "I mean… you could at least make a tiny effort to back your assertion up with something."

Last edited:
Interesting factoid

The VW Wolfsburg car plant is reputed to be the largest car factory in the world with a production rate of 815,000 a year, 60k employees

Tesla Shanghai is now doing over 1 million a year with only ~19k employees , and likely making more of each car also (with 95% localized production )

Wolfsburg only made ~400k in 2021 though and isnt expected to break 600k this year.
Hyundai’s Ulsan plant is much bigger, producing 1.53 million vehicles per year pre-pandemic