Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice!

Just two years ago Bill Gates famously declared that, “even with big breakthroughs in battery technology” electric vehicles were simply not ready to tackle long-haul trucking. If Tesla’s numbers hold up to scrutiny, it proves Gates and many other industry experts were likely wrong to suggest that “we need a different solution for heavy, long-haul vehicles.”

Last edited:
Are those the ones you're short?
:) Actually, I’ve made it a pledge to never short and to never invest in Chinese companies. The first one because it is amazing how long the market can prop up failed companies, and, you never know, new management can sometimes figure something out. The second because I have zero faith in their political and financial systems.

So far NKLA and various interesting Chinese EV companies have tested my resolve, but I haven’t broken yet!

Nice!

Just two years ago Bill Gates famously declared that, “even with big breakthroughs in battery technology” electric vehicles were simply not ready to tackle long-haul trucking. If Tesla’s numbers hold up to scrutiny, it proves Gates and many other industry experts were likely wrong to suggest that “we need a different solution for heavy, long-haul vehicles.”

He wasn't just wrong - he was intentionally spreading FUD about a company he was short half a billion dollars, without disclosing that.

:) Actually, I’ve made it a pledge to never short and to never invest in Chinese companies. The first one because it is amazing how long the market can prop up failed companies, and, you never know, new management can sometimes figure something out. The second because I have zero faith in their political and financial systems.

So far NKLA and various interesting Chinese EV companies have tested my resolve, but I haven’t broken yet!
So how is your investment into this EV maker in Shanghai coming along

Polled 200 people a day…….lol 200. That’s a joke of a poll and obvious FUD that apparently worked on you 🥴
Quinnipac political polls typically have about 1000 people polled, which is considered a large sample size. Those polls gather their data over a period of 5 to 7 days (averaging less than 200 per day), because they are trying to gauge dynamic changes in behavior. These Elon polls were conducted with a similar sample size for each day for 27 days straight, so similar to 3 consecutive high-quality national political polls conducted before the recent election. The results show a consistent trend that demonstrates its reliability.

Finally going to make a roadster 2.0?
Nobody wants the stupid Roadster! How dare you!

Roadster 2.0 is vaporware, never going to happen, not possible to make, figment of your overactive imagination, possibly due to your willingness to believe in the future of mankind!

SpaceX package? Please! What a load of *sugar*, flying cars! HA! It is like you live in a ficticious future, how gullible you are! Elon sells you a load of something and you buy it like it will be an actual thing! Hook, line and hyperloop!

Hybrid hydrogen hybird car train things are the future you futurist you! Take that! I've got the ball and I'm running with it!

I know the future, I know what becomes of us, we leave no doubt what evil this way comes!

Ok, Tim Cook was class act to invite Elon to Apple HQ instead of starting a Twitter war.

I will not return the MacBook, IPad and AirPods I bought on Black Friday and cyber Monday. I won’t have to sell TSLA on margin call to pay those bills too.

Everything is cool.

(I didn’t take Apple care)

Happy green day to everyone! Enjoy it while it lasts. I craved these for sooooo long.