Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13 more mins for power hr ... let's see if there is no concern for a soft CPI ...
The PPI on Friday has given bears more confidence that the CPI is going to come in as expected or warmer than expected. But there were some key factors on the PPI print that were contradicting themselves. So...........who knows 🤷‍♂️

I'm definitely not AS confident the CPI number will come in as soft as I thought before Friday but again, the PPI print was a difficult one to draw conclusions from

Hanging out at TMC is like hanging out with shady people..."Just one more buy...." Had to dig real deep for this one

1670874650484.png

On Monday, China's IT House reported, citing a Tesla employee, that Giga Shanghai is not suspending Model Y production from December 25 to January 1, 2023, as Reuters previously reported. “That's not true. Why would we stop production? It's a rumor,” said a factory employee, though the name or position was not given.

On Monday, China's IT House reported, citing a Tesla employee, that Giga Shanghai is not suspending Model Y production from December 25 to January 1, 2023, as Reuters previously reported. “That's not true. Why would we stop production? It's a rumor,” said a factory employee, though the name or position was not given.
So Rueter's changed their story from 20% production reduction starting Dec 11th (which Tesla denied) to then last week of Dec no Y production which they seem to insinuate confirms their earlier report, even though the facts have changed and now that's been denied too.

Pretty much what we knew, but this sure as hell won't be picked up by Reuters.

What I don't get is, with all this FUD going around, how are people going to explain how insanely bad their predictions were when Q4 P&D hits? I mean, seriously, they are setting the stage for a sub-400k delivery quarter, but we all here are seeing just gang-busters numbers.

Isn't it ironic:

"According to sources familiar with Giga Shanghai, Tesla is suspending Model Y production the last week of December"

"That's not true, though a name or position was not given"

People who believe panic.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I would have at least waited until after Wednesday and the CPI number and Fed decision is out. Seems Wall St is dead set on touching 150 if the macro's turn lower.
I picked up shares at $171 today my rationale is I have no way of timing market , DCA when enough funds are available , it works ... if we don't hit $150 then what ? If you will only pull trigger at $150 then will you never invest in TSLA again ???
.... the next breakout could happen at any time .. we are below $200/share seems like a good long term buy point ... not advice

Quick, someone needs to reach out to the SEC and quash this actual fact so that short sellers can remain intact and continue their business of destroying companies .

Isn't it ironic:

"According to sources familiar with Giga Shanghai, Tesla is suspending Model Y production the last week of December"

"That's not true, though a name or position was not given"

People who believe panic.

Instead of saying "according to a factory employee", they should have simply said, "according to a person familiar with the matter". That way they wouldn't have been obligated to say, "although a name or position was not given". Am I right? 🤔

i have no idea if tesla will hold double bottom at $166.18 and rally or go lower. this much i do know: we have gone down 5 straight month which is unprecedented and we are -52% for 2022 and -34.5% off 40 week moving average and picture similar to February 2016 or December 2016 or May 2019. we may be at or near point of max pessimism and in my personal opinion too late for turning bearish. by default, therefore, i count myself as bullish