Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok anyone follows what's going on with EV stocks again like Tesla/Lucid/Rivian? Seems like all 3 heading to same direction again now?

Asking for a friend

LCID.JPG

RIVN.JPG

This is an excellent point. The market is always right. The question is where will it be in the future? Nobody knows...if we did we'd all be billionaires.

The market is right in the long term but often wrong in the short term. The efficient market hypothesis does not have many supporters anymore. If the market were always right it would not make sense to buy any individual stock.

Damn, I hate it when the shorts are in control of the TSLA stock price. I'd like to sell before I'm forced to sell. I wish I had stop limits set a year ago. It's getting pretty ridiculous how easily the shorts can manipulate TSLA. I'm thinking of selling and getting back in lower after tuesday CPI print/Wed Fed rate hike. Ugh.

Reactions: Kutu
I have no idea why you have an issue with that particular post - i mentioned Covid death wave twice, and one of those was in response to your previous post about it - and on both occasions I said it was a POSITIVE for Tesla because it means the end of enforced lockdowns that could disrupt GigaShanghai production.

At no point did anyone mention selling their shares because of Covid in china, so not sure who you are referencing there.
Respectively, there isn’t a single ‘positive’ that I can muster when I read ‘Covid’ and ‘Death Wave’ in the same sentence. For many reasons. And that language continues to strongly assert your very deeply held beliefs on a subject that is less relevant to the stock price every day. Time to let it go or take it to another thread please. Enough is enough already.

The Mods have done a wonderful job moving all T*****r posts to a designated thread, and I am convinced @Right_Said_Fred is deserving of Hazardous Duty Pay for his effort to manage the unwavering Cognitive Dissonance on that thread. Perhaps this is a great opportunity to request similar treatment of all Covid posts on this investment board - that they are moved to a designated thread where people can opine about the possibility of Death Waves and it’s impact on TSLA share price (good or bad) to their hearts content. I am also concerned that the next dump of T*****r files that will be related to Covid will overwhelm this board if that discussion isn’t taken elsewhere. I continue to be reluctant to block anyone here based on their ongoing Covid postings because I sincerely value their other contributions. Kiwi’s included.

Damn, I hate it when the shorts are in control of the TSLA stock price. I'd like to sell before I'm forced to sell. I wish I had stop limits set a year ago. It's getting pretty ridiculous how easily the shorts can manipulate TSLA. I'm thinking of selling and getting back in lower after tuesday CPI print/Wed Fed rate hike. Ugh.

Most pure EV stocks seem to be down sharply today. Looks a lot like sector rotation to me.

TSLA under $170 now, yay. 😔

• Informative
Reactions: JustMe and tslalala
I think there will be pressure down to 100, and once it breaks thru a hundred it will nosedive. No crystal ball here but a few months ago I said it would turn around some where around 155. But we are almost there now and that went faster than I thought. No idea if it will happen but that’s my take. We are completely detached from fundamentals now. Its all on how whackadoodles Elon gets.
Yes I know that doesn’t fly on this board but whatever. That’s the way I see it, and everybody I talk to.

This is a great board with lots of knowledgeable people on many topics. But it is an echo chamber in some regards. And criticizing ELON is a huge no no. 😂

It’s all good. Stay healthy all. 👍

This thread is indeed an echo chamber, and it’s something to be proud of! It’s the only surviving one in the world!

Over the last ten years every social media platform in the world where Tesla is being discussed has been overrun by doubters, naysayers, care bears, shortsellers and trolls, some benign, most of them malignent. From Youtube to the WSJ comment section, from Twitter to Reddit. Let’s not even get started on the MSM.

If this thread had been left unattended it would have gone down the drain too. Most investors would have been scared away years ago and the FUD would have led many of them to sell their stock, making them miss out on the run-up of the century. I probably would have been one of those.

Many in this thread have no doubt Tesla will become the most important and most valuable company in the world and have their eyes set on 2030. Having hundreds of people trying to blur that vision is not helpful. Sure, criticism is welcome, but in moderation. If left unchecked it will swamp this thread (see the Elon and Twitter thread, see the FSD thread, see the many threads with complaints about service and build quality).

And it’s not like the criticism is completely gone. Anyone who thinks there is too much echo in here and feels the need to test his/her convinction can go and visit those threads. Just wear a hazmat suit.

Large 155 Put orders just came in. Approaching the last two year support at 166, after which the bottom falls out. Too bad we can't discuss the reasons why on the Investment thread.
How do you track intra-day TSLA options flow? (Options interest isn't clear on if puts/calls were bought or sold.) Looking forward to any insights you can share to understand TSLA price movement intra-day as correlated to options.

Reactions: NooB_cat
Not tracking any of the threads here these days, but just wanted to note that this week is supposed to be the good one.

The rebalancing this Friday should result in a significant buy from indexes to account for all the Elon sales from earlier this qtr adding to public float. Unfortunately, we are also approaching a local peak in noise and rejiggering of Elon's priorities.

Not tracking any of the threads here these days, but just wanted to note that this week is supposed to be the good one.

The rebalancing this Friday should result in a significant buy from indexes to account for all the Elon sales from earlier this qtr adding to public float. Unfortunately, we are also approaching a local peak in noise and rejiggering of Elon's priorities.

I’m taking notice of this because I remember you called it right last time.

I like your thinking but what would drive that? Q3 was a record quarter and we just had the Semi deliveries.
Q3 was a record quarter that while it was a record......it was only 15% sales growth over Q1 and net income was down. Combine that with the fact that in-transit vehicles increased unexpectedly and yeah.....that was plenty there for shorts/bears to jump on.

Demand fears....peak earnings......margin decline......shall I continue?

Anyone looking at Q3 logically with the factors going on, understands why net income didn't follow the revenue growth and also understands the very basic principles of manufacturing operating leverage and volume leverage when it comes to gross margins and operating margins.

But we all know Wall St isn't going to treat Tesla fairly in this way. They're going to pound the table on all those FUD concerns. All that Tesla needs is a quarter with smooth production out of Shanghai and volume growth to at least 3k/week from both Berlin and Austin. We've gotten those. Even you believe the Shanghai production reduction (which coincidently, no word from any of those "sources" that actually are confirming or saying the reduction in production actually happened today), the advantages of higher production throughout Q4 over Q3 from Shanghai will materially improve gross margins....but those gross margin improvements will be muted somewhat by the price cuts in China.

Coincidence don’t ya think 🥴

Respectively, there isn’t a single ‘positive’ that I can muster when I read ‘Covid’ and ‘Death Wave’ in the same sentence. For many reasons. And that language continues to strongly assert your very deeply held beliefs on a subject that is less relevant to the stock price every day. Time to let it go or take it to another thread please. Enough is enough already.

The Mods have done a wonderful job moving all T*****r posts to a designated thread, and I am convinced @Right_Said_Fred is deserving of Hazardous Duty Pay for his effort to manage the unwavering Cognitive Dissonance on that thread. Perhaps this is a great opportunity to request similar treatment of all Covid posts on this investment board - that they are moved to a designated thread where people can opine about the possibility of Death Waves and it’s impact on TSLA share price (good or bad) to their hearts content. I am also concerned that the next dump of T*****r files that will be related to Covid will overwhelm this board if that discussion isn’t taken elsewhere. I continue to be reluctant to block anyone here based on their ongoing Covid postings because I sincerely value their other contributions. Kiwi’s included.
Lol - ME LET IT GO??? You are the one bringing up weeks old posts of mine unprompted. YOU are the only one today using the term you are complaining about. YOU are the one that started these posts today.and are now complaining about them.

China letting go of covid restrictions is a fantastic good news story for Tesla, and removes a big negative uncertainty for GigaShanghai. This should be celebrated by all TSLA holders.

no idea why you have an issue with an opinion that Tesla will benefit from china relaxing covid lockdown protocols in response to covid spreading beyond their control, but you do you I guess...

Last edited:
Ok anyone follows what's going on with EV stocks again like Tesla/Lucid/Rivian? Seems like all 3 heading to same direction again now?

Asking for a friend

View attachment 884110
View attachment 884111
Rivian and Lucid have new factories and record production and deliveries, that is why they are tracking with TSLA. They should get back to paid articles about how great they are instead of making cars/trucks.