Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CEO role is a fiduciary role... just sayin. I'm rather irritated by this weekend as it worked against shareholders.
what happened this weekend that would call Elon fiduciary responsibility as Tesla "Technoking" into question ? Did he do something that has a material adverse impact on TSLA directly ?

I like your thinking but what would drive that? Q3 was a record quarter and we just had the Semi deliveries.
My hunch is based on the lack of information released by Tesla - like Q4 deliveries as it unfolds is quite confusing, and even threw Rob for a bit.

I agree, Q4 could be the catalyst needed to breakout, I just think they might have a few more jewels in there for the bigger splash. I'm sure somebody has a fresh list of the levers Tesla could pull. But to your question, how does it get folks to buy it? Somebody starts is all, then it's all about timing, rules, and traps IMO. Let the greed out there play into the hand.

Here's an example. Do we have charging time of the Cybertruck yet? We got a bread crumb that it could connect to a 1 MW source is all, then charging time of Semi, but unclear how many batteries. Always one part is left out. So why still no specs on charging speeds, because Tabless literally translates to much better electrical conductivity (all other issues aside). Meanwhile, the Semi had to be revealed because there was a sale of them to Pepsi. Until that actually happened, I didn't know if Semi was a real product other than a few sightings here and there.

The stock either goes up or down and I'm either right or wrong on a hunch... for what it's worth. Call it the calm before the storm.

Pretty much what we knew, but this sure as hell won't be picked up by Reuters.

What I don't get is, with all this FUD going around, how are people going to explain how insanely bad their predictions were when Q4 P&D hits? I mean, seriously, they are setting the stage for a sub-400k delivery quarter, but we all here are seeing just gang-busters numbers.
I find it more interesting when you look at how the Q4 rumors have played out especially on the exact day key sales data comes out, the corresponding timed bear raids, hit piece about Berlin hiring.......................while there being zero talk about Berlin/Austin ramp that is going well, European data, US data,..........all leading to this week which is quarterly rebalancing AND.........guess what's about to come out on Thurs/Friday?

This....
Coincidence? Seems rather obvious there is a reason why Wall St coverage has refused to talk about the enormous benefits that Tesla will receive by the IRA. We all know Wall St is buddy buddy with Congress. Wouldn't be surprised if they've known when the official guidelines were going to come out and plan on covering in mass when it's publicized about how much Tesla will in fact benefit from it.

i have zero idea about short term but here is what happened in past:
2-12-2016 tesla bottomed at -35.5% off 40 week moving average, -36.5% in may 2019
currently-34.8% off 40 week moving average
maybe this time is different
This time is different in Q4 2022 Tesla expects billions in profit and a similar growth trajectory going forward

i have no idea if tesla will hold double bottom at $166.18 and rally or go lower. this much i do know: we have gone down 5 straight month which is unprecedented and we are -52% for 2022 and -34.5% off 40 week moving average and picture similar to February 2016 or December 2016 or May 2019. we may be at or near point of max pessimism and in my personal opinion too late for turning bearish. by default, therefore, i count myself as bullish
The difference though is that today, there's a big macro level amount of data that's about to come in that will likely determine the general direction of the entire market for at least a quarter. I mean just look at today's trading. Macro's now in decent rally mode and TSLA can't move off it's lows at all. Unless the CPI number come in way colder than expected, the 166 low will break.

We should all pour a tall one for all those that are about to be margin called only to watch TSLA explode higher off of Q4 PD and/or earnings. I'm not fear mongering, fundamentals always win out and they will with TSLA but man the stock is trading like garbage in the short term. I think if you're on margin, 150 isn't even safe 🤷‍♂️

I can't even begin to imagine being forced to sell only for Tesla to post deliveries of 460-470k for Q4 on Jan 2nd........which i still believe is a legit possibility. Berlin/Austin being severely underestimated for production.

Fremont - 150k
Shanghai - 265k
Berlin - 40k
Austin - 30k
In transit from Q3 - 20k

Totals 505k.....take away 30-40k for in-transit. You're left with 465-475k in deliveries. No one out there is thinking this a remote possibility today. There's a possibility that Berlin/Austin are actually higher than those numbers I listed.

Last edited:

Of course, anyone can say this, but Reuters rumour has the same value imo...

That was cool, bam-bam-bam!

1670876631806.png

Yeah… Even in Europe you can get any Tesla you want before the end of the year.
As long as it’s a plaid Model S, plaid Model X, or performance Model Y.

Chinese production for Europe is sold out for this year.
It’s now too late to order a Model X/S Plaid in EU and get it this year.
A small number of MIC Model 3/Y rear-wheel drive cars are available in inventory in Belgium (Practically all black or white).
Still no option to buy a standard Model S/X. It looks like Q1 (or at least the begin of Q1) wil be Plaid S/X only.
On the Model Y front, MIG Midnight Cherry Red is now available from june 23 on. You’d think they can schedule a couple of extra batches of that color earlier, but apparently not.
All other MIG Model Y’s (even Performance) aren’t available anymore this year in Belgium (note that it is only a day’s drive from Berlin to get a car anywhere in Belgium).

The higher the Dow goes ... the further TSLA falls. Is there any legitimate news out there? I can't seem to find anything other than the usual Musk behavior/tweet stuff ....

It's not encouraging watching this drop while most other sectors are green.
When the foxes control the henhouse, the chickens suffer.

It’s now too late to order a Model X/S Plaid in EU and get it this year.
A small number of MIC Model 3/Y rear-wheel drive cars are available in inventory in Belgium (Practically all black or white).
Still no option to buy a standard Model S/X. It looks like Q1 (or at least the begin of Q1) wil be Plaid S/X only.
On the Model Y front, MIG Midnight Cherry Red is now available from june 23 on. You’d think they can schedule a couple of extra batches of that color earlier, but apparently not.
All other MIG Model Y’s (even Performance) aren’t available anymore this year in Belgium (note that it is only a day’s drive from Berlin to get a car anywhere in Belgium).
Definitely sounds like they should shut down production in China.... :rolleyes:

QQQ rallying big with 5 green 5 minute candles in a row. TSLA should be up 2-4% today instead of down almost 6%.

Edit: Now 7, and TSLA at lows of the day.
Yeah, this is clear evidence the shorts fully control TSLA stock price, at least for today (and every previous day since November). This is such a manipulated farce, it isn't even funny. I can't lie, I'm pretty pissed right now.

Yeah, this is clear evidence the shorts fully control TSLA stock price, at least for today (and every previous day since November). This is such a manipulated farce, it isn't even funny. I can't lie, I'm pretty pissed right now.

It's worth noting that the WSJ article cited by the Marketwatch piece making the rounds today on Tesla's brand image ran on November 29th. This isn't even new news, it's just in the context of Elon's less-than-stellar weekend comments. Stinks of a short and distort campaign, aided by a healthy dose of concern among shareholders.

Incorrect for the last three years? Let's see...that would be from the end of 2019 to the end of this year. Yes, pro-legacy has been wrong for as long as I can remember. But the pro-Tesla people have been wrong since late 2019?

Have you lost your mind? Remember, watch the performance and execution of the company, not the spastic movements of the share price.
I ask you to reread what this humble ant wrote.... I did not say anything about Tesla's performance. I clearly typed "TSLA" as in reference to the stock.