Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly this. Until buying volume comes in to overcome the MM's we will likely keep trending downward for as long as the MM's can make it happen.

Chicken's ridiculous prediction of $140 is only a staggering 17% down from here.... 😮
I attribute the price action to more short-term puts the force the MM's (market makers) to delta hedge and sell shares lower so that TSLA's price action is not organic and is primarily caused by short-seller PUT buying.

I ask you to reread what this humble ant wrote.... I did not say anything about Tesla's performance. I clearly typed "TSLA" as in reference to the stock.

I humbly ask you to re-read what I wrote. Even just looking at the share price, the performance of TSLA has been superior over the last three years. Three years takes us back to December of 2019.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
This is the same thing that happened after the weekend when Elon reinstated Trump - TSLA took a massive dive on Monday and Tuesday down to 167 but then quickly rallied back to 200.
I have come to fear what Elon brings to town on the weekends.
I thought 2 weekends ago was bad, then this weekend happened. I cant imagine next weekends nonsense.

While I understand your sentiment, I don't agree with this analysis. Via the chart you posted, there are over 25K puts open at the $165 strike, but only 16K calls.

That's not a "call wall" that's a "put wall". It's not until you get up into the $185 strikes that Calls outnumber Puts.

You are correct, but it's my pet theory that they want to accumulate shares and have been doing it via puts as it doesn't spike the share price...

But they do not want to sell those shares down here, so they defend the call-walls

It’s now too late to order a Model X/S Plaid in EU and get it this year.
A small number of MIC Model 3/Y rear-wheel drive cars are available in inventory in Belgium (Practically all black or white).
Still no option to buy a standard Model S/X. It looks like Q1 (or at least the begin of Q1) wil be Plaid S/X only.
On the Model Y front, MIG Midnight Cherry Red is now available from june 23 on. You’d think they can schedule a couple of extra batches of that color earlier, but apparently not.
All other MIG Model Y’s (even Performance) aren’t available anymore this year in Belgium (note that it is only a day’s drive from Berlin to get a car anywhere in Belgium).
As well I have been watching the inventory in the US on EV-CPO and it has been around 1000 vehicles for Model Y and 3 combined for the past few weeks. About 150 Model S and X. I actually think some of the cars are in-transit or still being built as you can select the delivery center location to pick up. 1000 is about 1/2 days US production rate.

Oh well, another day and another more than 6% down move.

Is it me or is the volatility of TSLA increasing lately? It has been a volatile stock but this is crazy.

I was in the West Vancouver Tesla store the other day and the guy told me that they see people coming in talking about the erratic behaviour of Elon. He didn’t say it affected sales but I have a feeling it does.
I think TSLA is in a very strange situation at the moment as there is a real concern of sustainability. We all know that Tesla will be fine and that their balance sheet is exceptional.

However, Tesla has still an image of a start-up with an erratic CEO. My hunch is that the people in the street still doubt about the sustainability of Tesla and think traditional car companies will come through and make Tesla obsolete; especially with this erratic CEO. This hurts the stock. The only thing to reverse this sentiment is to bring real value to the stock by paying dividends or something like that.

Oh well, another day and another more than 6% down move.

Is it me or is the volatility of TSLA increasing lately? It has been a volatile stock but this is crazy.

I was in the West Vancouver Tesla store the other day and the guy told me that they see people coming in talking about the erratic behaviour of Elon. He didn’t say it affected sales but I have a feeling it does.
I think TSLA is in a very strange situation at the moment as there is a real concern of sustainability. We all know that Tesla will be fine and that their balance sheet is exceptional.

However, Tesla has still an image of a start-up with an erratic CEO. My hunch is that the people in the street still doubt about the sustainability of Tesla and think traditional car companies will come through and make Tesla obsolete; especially with this erratic CEO. This hurts the stock. The only thing to reverse this sentiment is to bring real value to the stock by paying dividends or something like that.

or financial performance and naming a Tw***** CEO?

It’s now too late to order a Model X/S Plaid in EU and get it this year.
A small number of MIC Model 3/Y rear-wheel drive cars are available in inventory in Belgium (Practically all black or white).
Still no option to buy a standard Model S/X. It looks like Q1 (or at least the begin of Q1) wil be Plaid S/X only.
On the Model Y front, MIG Midnight Cherry Red is now available from june 23 on. You’d think they can schedule a couple of extra batches of that color earlier, but apparently not.
All other MIG Model Y’s (even Performance) aren’t available anymore this year in Belgium (note that it is only a day’s drive from Berlin to get a car anywhere in Belgium).
Indeed, I just looked at Belgian inventory and there's basically nothing. Normally this time of the quarter you'll see a excess of inventory "in transit", but nope... and we've seen record ships to EU this quarter too

Gives some hope on nasty red days like this...

I had a friend call me up just now and asked what I thought of him dropping $50K on TSLA shares. What's surprising is that I haven't been sharing anything lately and he just seemed to know it doesn't add up.

I believe there are many like him, ready to jump onboard trying to time the bottom, and see the game. And that's all it takes to get the ball rolling, at just the right time.

As well I have been watching the inventory in the US on EV-CPO and it has been around 1000 vehicles for Model Y and 3 combined for the past few weeks. About 150 Model S and X. I actually think some of the cars are in-transit or still being built as you can select the delivery center location to pick up. 1000 is about 1/2 days US production rate.

Tesla does manage what inventory they show (have been doing this for the last 6 years at least), so it could be larger. You just don't know the real number, except if there was very little inventory at the end of a quarter. My guess is, the showrooms won't be empty this year (I'm sure Q1 will be back to the way it usually is).